No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There have been no new positive COVID-19 tests recorded by players inside the NBA’s Orlando bubble over the last nine days, the league and Players Association announced Wednesday."

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      "There have been no new positive COVID-19 tests recorded by players inside the NBA’s Orlando bubble over the last nine days, the league and Players Association announced Wednesday."
      The bubble is set there no virus in their. The only thing that can fuck this up is idiot's like Lou bringing it back I with them.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Some dumb asses like Lou, MPJ, and even Dame getting headlines but overall the league, owners, and players should be getting a lot of credit for handling this thing so well to date. Hopefully they keep it up for the full run.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I see different reports that isolating for 10 days is sufficient. Every little bit helps.
          I just threw in the current standard.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Some dumb asses like Lou, MPJ, and even Dame getting headlines but overall the league, owners, and players should be getting a lot of credit for handling this thing so well to date. Hopefully they keep it up for the full run.
            True professionals are professionals in all circumstances. The league has a lot of pros for sure.

Comment

• Only 76 new cases in Ontario yesterday, 89 today.

Comment

• Question is can the Magic take full advantage of their home court advantage.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                  Question is can the Magic take full advantage of their home court advantage.
                  They don't have a home court advantage as this isn't the Amway Center & neither their fans can show up.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

They don't have a home court advantage as this isn't the Amway Center & neither their fans can show up.
                    So serious.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

The bubble is set there no virus in their. The only thing that can fuck this up is idiot's like Lou bringing it back I with them.
                      Or a person not required to do the same standard of self isolation (food workers, cleaning staff, etc.) I agree it should be pretty good, but not completely fool proof.

Comment

• Good breakdown on what they have found out about how the COVID-19 virus attacks different parts of the body's systems and organs.

https://www.ucsf.edu/magazine/covid-...WF1yuSehS8iLa4

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Good breakdown on what they have found out about how the COVID-19 virus attacks different parts of the body's systems and organs.

https://www.ucsf.edu/magazine/covid-...WF1yuSehS8iLa4
                          They need to improve testing first.
                          Wife's in-law and her one son tested positive, but both only felt slight fever. That's it!
                          Both clear after 3 weeks.

Comment

• Physical distancing, mask-wearing could be in place for 2-3 years even with vaccine, Tam warns

"Despite that, she said public health officials are planning for a scenario in which measures that have been put in place thus far, including physical distancing to limiting crowd sizes, could be required for at least the next several years."

So basically no live sports with full arenas for 2021?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Physical distancing, mask-wearing could be in place for 2-3 years even with vaccine, Tam warns

"Despite that, she said public health officials are planning for a scenario in which measures that have been put in place thus far, including physical distancing to limiting crowd sizes, could be required for at least the next several years."

So basically no live sports with full arenas for 2021?
                              This was only logical if they're sticking to the current strategy, at least they're admitting it now. People thought we could have a severe shutdown for a couple months, 'flatten the curve,' then sit back and wait for the vaccine. That's not happening. You re-open and your cases start climbing again. Then what? At a certain point you cycle back to severe shutdowns, which some countries are already doing again.

Problem with that is if you take a holistic view of your society, you've got piles of negative impacts from the shutdowns. Take those into account with the impact of COVID and make a decision from there, instead of ignoring everything but your case numbers.

Interesting study from Quebec based on blood samples indicating infection rate may actually be 3x what's reported via positive test results. That's huge, it lowers hospitalization/mortality rates even further. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the more data we get the more we're moving in the direction of COVID is more like a bad flu than we wanted to admit initially while trying to create enough of a general public scare to get people to follow health policies.

We're going to get more polarization the longer this lasts - some are getting militant about "Wear your mask!" and "Why do you want to kill grandpa!?" while more people are moving into the "Eff that for 2-3 years, I'm going to live my life."

I'll say this again - the government strategy needs to be targeted. Protect the most vulnerable. Test and trace. Targeted quarantines. The broad, whole society strategies are causing a lot of unacknowledged harm and should be a last resort in the most extreme situations (e.g. when ICU's are at risk of being overwhelmed).
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

This was only logical if they're sticking to the current strategy, at least they're admitting it now. People thought we could have a severe shutdown for a couple months, 'flatten the curve,' then sit back and wait for the vaccine. That's not happening. You re-open and your cases start climbing again. Then what? At a certain point you cycle back to severe shutdowns, which some countries are already doing again.

Problem with that is if you take a holistic view of your society, you've got piles of negative impacts from the shutdowns. Take those into account with the impact of COVID and make a decision from there, instead of ignoring everything but your case numbers.

Interesting study from Quebec based on blood samples indicating infection rate may actually be 3x what's reported via positive test results. That's huge, it lowers hospitalization/mortality rates even further. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the more data we get the more we're moving in the direction of COVID is more like a bad flu than we wanted to admit initially while trying to create enough of a general public scare to get people to follow health policies.

We're going to get more polarization the longer this lasts - some are getting militant about "Wear your mask!" and "Why do you want to kill grandpa!?" while more people are moving into the "Eff that for 2-3 years, I'm going to live my life."

I'll say this again - the government strategy needs to be targeted. Protect the most vulnerable. Test and trace. Targeted quarantines. The broad, whole society strategies are causing a lot of unacknowledged harm and should be a last resort in the most extreme situations (e.g. when ICU's are at risk of being overwhelmed).
                                Wait til the banks are allowed to start releasing mortgage arrears numbers, insolvencies, foreclosures.
                                Wait til personal and corporate bankruptcies get reported, stores/restaurants don't open again and people can't go back to work.
                                Wail til car and finance companies start reporting. And they can't afford the repos and have tens of thousands of cars hit the used market.

You want a conspiracy theory, the gov't doesn't want that panic out there yet but the numbers are piling up.

Comment

Working...
                                X