Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Wait til the banks are allowed to start releasing mortgage arrears numbers, insolvencies, foreclosures.
    Wait til personal and corporate bankruptcies get reported, stores/restaurants don't open again and people can't go back to work.
    Wail til car and finance companies start reporting. And they can't afford the repos and have tens of thousands of cars hit the used market.

You want a conspiracy theory, the gov't doesn't want that panic out there yet but the numbers are piling up.
    I'm really hoping our governments stick to the reopening plans even as case numbers climb, so long as hospitalizations/mortalities don't get out of control, but I really don't know what to expect. Won't be surprised if this fall we're all told to stay home again. Hope not.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I'm really hoping our governments stick to the reopening plans even as case numbers climb, so long as hospitalizations/mortalities don't get out of control, but I really don't know what to expect. Won't be surprised if this fall we're all told to stay home again. Hope not.
      If their own workers are any indication you may be told to stay home. I don't know the percentage of federal government workers working form home but those federal workers I know are working from home still, even in a place with no community spread and the only known cases (a handful) are in isolation.

Comment

• I'm sure they'll do a targeted response if the numbers spike. 81% of our deaths came from long term care homes. So they obviously will protect that segment of our population better. Hospitalizations and deaths are basically the only numbers they can truly rely on, and we are doing okay (compared to March/April). It's no shock to anyone that our numbers may be 3 times to 4 times more than what we are testing positive for.

The severe shutdown was in place because we were unprepared, and they didn't want our hospitals over loaded like Spain, Italy and New York. I doubt we'll see a shut down like like we had. The world has a better understanding on how to treat and control infections (for the most part). I doubt most people will be going back to work if they can work from home. We will have to social distance. There will be no large gatherings (sports or concerts) until we have a vaccine. International travel will be on hold for a couple years.

No big surprises. late 2021 or later. Once a vaccine is approved, they still have to manufacture enough, and you know it's going to be difficult to get it for awhile.

Comment

• The big test is schools opening in Sept., I can see them being closed again soon after, and we might have to regress a phase of our reopening. I really don't think we'll go back to the full closures though.

Comment

• I don't think we go back to full closures either. But back to phase 2 and no chance for sports, concerts, trade shows and full restaurants is a definite possibility. And restaurants wren't going to have patios to fall back on shortly.

I believe back to school combined with the current opening of restaurants (with questionnable distancing) will set us back.

Comment

• Solid bet the US will hit 200,000 dead by Labour Day.

Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Thu Aug 6, 2020, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/FgnMPHaqu_o

This needs to be confirmed.
                Anyone that tests positive for common colds and common flu are tested as being positive for covid???

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                  https://youtu.be/FgnMPHaqu_o

This needs to be confirmed.
                  Anyone that tests positive for common colds and common flu are tested as being positive for covid???
                  Fact check: False

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lt/5366801002/

Comment

• Braves owner Liberty Media disclosed the team’s second-quarter financial results Monday, revealing dramatic losses that underscore the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the sports and live-events industries.

The Braves’ revenue plunged 95% in the April-through-June quarter, compared with the same period a year ago, falling from $208 million to $11 million. The team posted an operating loss before amortization and depreciation of $26 million for the quarter, compared with a profit of $62 million in the same period last year.
                    “It’s a situation that a lot of organizations are facing,” Schiller said, “and anybody who is in the live sports or entertainment business is certainly impacted significantly during COVID. And we were no different.
                    https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-b...ETCMRTCRHFZKQ/

Comment

• Great info, thank you!

Comment

• Going to see more and more impacts from the alarmism, panic-inducing messaging, shutdowns, and isolation. This is already pretty severe and we may be at this for a couple years or more - 1 in 4 young adults in the past month consider suicide due to pandemic, negative effects skew heavily towards young adults, caregivers, minorities: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...andemic-394832
                        ​​​​​​
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Well yeah, the pandemic is pretty fucking stressful, isolating, scary, depressing, etc. whether you sugarcoat it or not.

Comment

• damn

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              damn

This could permanently shift...Christmas Day becomes opening day, Playoffs end in August before NFL starts
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

This could permanently shift...Christmas Day becomes opening day, Playoffs end in August before NFL starts
                                Maybe but I honestly doubt it. The NBA knows what dates they liked for decades and players (and their wives!) want Summers off.

Comment

Working...
                                X