Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun read by E Koreen at the athletic on best Raptors by number. I think it’s all free now. Here’s a sample

8: Jose Calderon

Calderon remains top-10 in several statistical categories, particularly the ones related to service time. At 87.7 percent, he has the best free-throw percentage in franchise history. He’ll also hold down second, behind Lowry, in assists for a good, long time. It sucks not to be able to recognize Bismack Biyombo’s lone season in Toronto, captured by his era-appropriate nickname, BB-8, but so it goes. (Jordan Loyd, of course, goes into the record books wearing a suit, not a number.)

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Fun read by E Koreen at the athletic on best Raptors by number. I think it’s all free now. Here’s a sample

8: Jose Calderon

Calderon remains top-10 in several statistical categories, particularly the ones related to service time. At 87.7 percent, he has the best free-throw percentage in franchise history. He’ll also hold down second, behind Lowry, in assists for a good, long time. It sucks not to be able to recognize Bismack Biyombo’s lone season in Toronto, captured by his era-appropriate nickname, BB-8, but so it goes. (Jordan Loyd, of course, goes into the record books wearing a suit, not a number.)
      I remember this like it was yesterday:
      Jose Calderon is the record-holder for highest free throw percentage in a single season at 98.1 percent. During the 2008-2009 season, Calderon made an incredible, 151 out of 154 free throw attempts. When he was in his finest groove, the Raptors' point guard sunk 87 straight from the line.

Funny, I don't remember any real hype when he went to the line near the end; you just assumed he'd make it. iirc, the next game he blew a bunch lol

Comment

• So, I have tons of beer in multiple varieties (even a single Heineken and Stella if I ever get guests again lol), lots of wine, plenty of alcohol. I have plenty of toilet paper , paper towels (grocery store limiting to 1 pkg of 2 right now), pasta, sauce, tuna, peanut butter, canned and packaged dry soup, brown and kidney beans (chili), coffee and tea and a freezer full of OJ, bread, English Muffins, crumpets, bagels, side and back bacon, pork chops, a few steaks, multiple roast beef and pork, some stew beef, ribs, chicken breasts and thighs, chicken wings, a spiral ham, a couple of boxes and M&M appetizers and frozen fruit, freezer jam; probably forgetting a few things.
        And of course ice cream .... oddly enough, this level of hoarding (I say preparedness ) is not new to me, I like to keep well stocked.

I have enough food for the dogs for more than a month. I spent $120 on dog food the other day.

I think we're good for anything but the worst zombie attack and I have other defenses for them

I have to go out about once a week for milk and fresh veggies etc and try to keep it to that. Most stores are cleaning the grocery cart handles as you come in and all have the plexiglass shields up where you pay and asking for payment by debit/credit rather than cash.

Paper products can be a little low but nothing else seems to be out of stock but some sanitizers.

Anybody finding they're out of things or finding it hard to get certain items? For some of you, I assume your parents are still providing your meals and doing your laundry lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Anybody finding they're out of things or finding it hard to get certain items? For some of you, I assume your parents are still providing your meals and doing your laundry lol
          I've found that availability of bread can be hit or miss at times - some stores have started putting a limit on bread items now. Other than the tape lines on the floor, could be hard to even tell that there's a pandemic going on, based on the supermarket experience.

Comment

• I generally shop in the organic/whole food section and most hoarders don't seem to enter that aisle. So I'm okay. For milk we don't drink dairy and we have a case of almond breeze in our pantry. Food's not an issue. But getting some serious cabin fever.

The weather was beautiful today. Took a stroll outside but I just want to go on a long drive with the windows down and the music blaring from my speakers. Just no where to go.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I generally shop in the organic/whole food section and most hoarders don't seem to enter that aisle. So I'm okay. For milk we don't drink dairy and we have a case of almond breeze in our pantry. Food's not an issue. But getting some serious cabin fever.

The weather was beautiful today. Took a stroll outside but I just want to go on a long drive with the windows down and the music blaring from my speakers. Just no where to go.
              I remember when cheap gas meant you didn't need anywhere in particular in mind to go for a long drive with the windows down and the music blaring. We used to go up to the cottage Saturday night and come back Sunday lol. Or just a drive through the country roads.

Comment

I remember when cheap gas meant you didn't need anywhere in particular in mind to go for a long drive with the windows down and the music blaring. We used to go up to the cottage Saturday night and come back Sunday lol. Or just a drive through the country roads.
                Cheap gas is back. $0.60 a liter at my nearest Costco. Just go for that drive. Clear the head for you and Mama.

Comment

• Has anyone been watching the classic games NBA's been streaming on YouTube? I watched this one the other day, remember watching it live back then and holy has the game ever changed. Quit blaming James Harden for jacking three's, the NBA's more fun now:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Spent the morning working, then much of the rest walking the dogs and raking out the gardens....this must be what retirement feels like

Comment

Spent the morning working, then much of the rest walking the dogs and raking out the gardens....this must be what retirement feels like
                      Bang on G. Except you left out hunting down every online reference to the pandemic.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Bang on G. Except you left out hunting down every online reference to the pandemic.
                        I can't get away from most of the morning news being COVID but try to avoid it (somewhat unsuccessfully) the rest of the day. It's just repetitive most of the time now

Comment

I can't get away from most of the morning news being COVID but try to avoid it (somewhat unsuccessfully) the rest of the day. It's just repetitive most of the time now
                          It's everywhere you look. Your friends and colleagues talk about it, its in every email, every advertisement, every cell phone app, website, every company has updated their commercials to promote social distancing and get us thinking about the brave new world. ...trying to avoid it would be akin to disconnecting completely.
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• Watched Game 4 of the 1993 NBA finals last night. Bulls vs Suns. MJ scores 55 in a win.

It's on youtube. MJ was a beast. Only took one three and missed it. Yet still scored 55. Talk about Kawhi against Philly in game 7.. MJ was that against the Suns in that game. Was their only offense. Scottie scored a few but was pretty invisible in the game offensively. His team really sucked. Horace Grant was an underrated guy though. Sort of reminiscent of Serge for our team. Good defender. Really good rebounder. But offensively also not really a threat. His starting PG was BJ Armstrong. BJ reminded me of Terry Rozier but just 10x worse.

The Suns were feisty. They just had some lousy perimeter defenders. Majerle, Ainge and Chambers were pretty much stiffs defensively. Their best defender was KJ but he was only like 6'1 and MJ would just shoot over him.

This was before MJ patented his fade away. Apparently in game 3, MJ had a dud of a game and people were insinuating that MJ was on the down curve of his career before heading into game 4. Pretty hilarious in hindsight.

Also Magic was one of the colour guys. He was actually pretty funny. Really fricken obvious with his takes (like Leo is with his) but still pretty funny.

Comment

• Ive been trying to find a hoop or a park to go shoot some hoops by myself. Many have signs up saying closed, some have yellow caution tape and some have even removed the rim.
                              I get that people shouldnt be playing pick up games but i just want to go shoot some hoops by myself for a half hour or something. Kinda crazy. What am i going to blow my nose into my hand dunk the ball, then the next person comes by happens to be vince carter and he jumps and kisses the rim?
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                Ive been trying to find a hoop or a park to go shoot some hoops by myself. Many have signs up saying closed, some have yellow caution tape and some have even removed the rim.
                                I get that people shouldnt be playing pick up games but i just want to go shoot some hoops by myself for a half hour or something. Kinda crazy. What am i going to blow my nose into my hand dunk the ball, then the next person comes by happens to be vince carter and he jumps and kisses the rim?
                                No sharing water bottles!

Comment

Working...
                                X