Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G__Deane wrote: View Post

    No vaccine for AIDS
    No vaccine better than 50% for seasonal flu every year
    No vaccine for the common cold

    We could well never have a vaccine for COVID or the next one. The vast majority will still be fine
    The only way you get HIV is by having unprotected sex with an HIV+ partner. HIV do not spread through the air. Sneezing, coughing do not spread the virus.
    COVID-19 is 10X worse than the common cold/flu(this has been discussed around for months now).

    What are you suggesting anyway? that they resume team sports now?

    Comment


    • Sonny wrote: View Post

      The only way you get HIV is by having unprotected sex with an HIV+ partner. HIV do not spread through the air. Sneezing, coughing do not spread the virus.
      COVID-19 is 10X worse than the common cold/flu(this has been discussed around for months now).

      What are you suggesting anyway? that they resume team sports now?
      I think what he's getting at is that a vaccine is a very unlikely scenario.
      All the previous corona viruses have yet to be able to find vaccines for (SARS,MERS) etc. Maybe this one will have more funding behind it then those but it still is a very lofty goal that we should not be counting on.
      Everyone saying we have to live like this till vaccine but i dont think they realize how unlikely it is that we find something within even 5 years.
      Probably the next best thing is a quick, cheap antibody test people can take to determine if they have already caught the sickness. And widespead test for the virus.
      Those are probably more realistic goals that will help bring back normalcy rather then a vaccine
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

      Comment


      • As for basketball i don't see a scenario where they don't at least try to start back up at some point, there is so much money at stake.
        We are not getting games with fans so the risk of transmission is to to 20-35 year old athletes in peak physical shape. I think their going to make an attempt but a positive test will then shut it down for good. It wont be until the big wave has passed so the P.R isn't that millonairs are playing sports while thousands of people are dying.


        Probably go straight into playoffs. Maybe play 2-3 exhibition games where playoff teams play non-playoff teams vs a franchise close in location. Nets could play knicks, we could play t-wolves etc.
        If theirs no fans teams don't have to travel between locations and maybe even everything is done at a neutral site.
        First round 3 game series
        2nd round 5 game.
        Confrence finals and finals 7 games.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

        Comment


        • That's the scary thing. Money. Will it rush them back into things?

          Comment


          • Well, I found a $20 in a parking lot today, so I thought to myself, what would Jesus do? so I turned it into wine.
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • Sonny wrote: View Post

              The only way you get HIV is by having unprotected sex with an HIV+ partner. HIV do not spread through the air. Sneezing, coughing do not spread the virus.
              COVID-19 is 10X worse than the common cold/flu(this has been discussed around for months now).

              What are you suggesting anyway? that they resume team sports now?
              Look at your post I was responding to. You suggested there may be a vaccine in 12-18 months and I'm asking based on what?
              There aren't successful vaccines for a ton of other life threatening/taking issues.

              How you make the leap to team sports is beyond me....

              You: "They're" saying it would take 12-18 months to develop a vaccine
              Me: Tons of other life threatening things never see an effective vaccine, COVID might not either
              You: So you're saying they should start team sports

              ???

              That;s usually Dan's job to jump to unsupported conclusions for others lol
              Sorry Dan, couldn't help myself

              Comment


              • Not sure where else to put this, so...today without sports, I looked up Drakes new "Manor" in Toronto....its...nice...or more appropriately...expensive? It's also gaudy, cold and uncomfortable...but my god, did I mention expensive...check out all the pics here

                https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...nor-in-toronto

                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Not sure where else to put this, so...today without sports, I looked up Drakes new "Manor" in Toronto....its...nice...or more appropriately...expensive? It's also gaudy, cold and uncomfortable...but my god, did I mention expensive...check out all the pics here

                  https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...nor-in-toronto

                  Keon, did you stick this in my thread on purpose

                  Ode to tasteless, tawdry, tacky. And fitting. The piano stands out as an example of bad Harley Touring paint jobs that went out of "style" 2 decades ago. Or a bad tattoo.

                  This type of over the top waste of resources actually makes me sad for humanity....

                  And I hate to break it to you Aubrey but some other mega rich dude will eventually raze it for something equally garish.
                  Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Apr 8th, 2020, 05:10 PM.

                  Comment


                  • You can see some more of his house in his latest music video. The most interesting is that he has an official NBA regulated court in his house. Raptors should just play / practice there until the season starts back up.

                    Despite what you think of the guy.. he still decided to build that "manor" in Toronto and not in LA or NY. It's pretty cool to see a high profile Canadian born celebrity actually want to live in Canada. Wayne Gretzky doesn't even live here and he's Mr. Canada.

                    Comment


                    • planetmars wrote: View Post
                      You can see some more of his house in his latest music video. The most interesting is that he has an official NBA regulated court in his house. Raptors should just play / practice there until the season starts back up.

                      Despite what you think of the guy.. he still decided to build that "manor" in Toronto and not in LA or NY. It's pretty cool to see a high profile Canadian born celebrity actually want to live in Canada. Wayne Gretzky doesn't even live here and he's Mr. Canada.
                      Very true point, very few celebrities get their mail delivered to Canada unless they have to work here, which he doesnt. Even prince harry only lasted a week in Vancouver until they couldnt take it and moved to LA in the midst of the California lockdown lol
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • planetmars wrote: View Post
                        You can see some more of his house in his latest music video. The most interesting is that he has an official NBA regulated court in his house. Raptors should just play / practice there until the season starts back up.

                        Despite what you think of the guy.. he still decided to build that "manor" in Toronto and not in LA or NY. It's pretty cool to see a high profile Canadian born celebrity actually want to live in Canada. Wayne Gretzky doesn't even live here and he's Mr. Canada.
                        "Official NBA size court" is an NBA regulation size, not "NBA regulated court" if you were implying the NBA somehow approved/endorsed it lol

                        PS the designer dude Rafauli sounds even more pretentious than drake

                        Comment


                        • LOL reminds me of MTV cribs days. Later I found out that most of those mansions were rented out for the shoot and rappers didn't actually owned them
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                          Comment


                          • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            LOL reminds me of MTV cribs days. Later I found out that most of those mansions were rented out for the shoot and rappers didn't actually owned them
                            This rapper is rich rich. The barenaked ladies sang "if I had a million dollars I'd buy a piece of decor in drakes house"
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • Despite the user name i am living in B.C now.

                              Yesterday they announced that all B.C parks closed indefinitely. $115 dollar fine if you are caught using a closed park.

                              Pisses me off. I have been going outside to help my mental health and it has been helping greatly. I can go to B.C parks that are 1000's of acres and maybe see 1 or 2 other people out fishing, walking to dog. Closing busy city parks may have some merit but this is to far and is probably actually detrimental as it helps people like myself get some peace of mind and helps with mental health.

                              Right now in B.C 838/1291 cases have recovered. This is a ridiculous government action.

                              My summers consist of Hiking, Swimming, Fishing and hanging out at the river. I can do all those things while social distancing and the Gov can fuck right off if they think they are going to stop people from doing that.
                              Last edited by bertarapsfan; Thu Apr 9th, 2020, 01:16 PM.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                              Comment


                              • So I went to Superstore yesterday for groceries and I was standing on the X(sign) on the floor or whatever it was and the guy behind me was not(and yes there was a long lineup). I asked him NICELY to move back to keep social distance. He got mad, moved back by like an inch and said he was just going to breathe harder. I asked him nicely again. The dude hen started cursing. So i waved at the security guard and told him about the situation. The guard told the guy where he should be standing. Now he's really mad. Mofo asked what my problem was. I told him to back off if he knows what's good for him. I swear to god if he moved closer I would've knocked him out cold. I have LITTLE patience for these idiots right now.
                                Mamba Mentality

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X