Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Watching Philly/Raps Game 4 because why the fuck not. There's absolutely nothing to watch on TV these days, and I really have no intention of going outside. I'm in full iso mode. Thank god I saved all the good games from last year's playoffs.
    Just a question, why wouldn't you at least get outside and enjoy the nice weather today? I've taken my dogs for two long hikes and don't stop to talk with people as a safeguard. Not a single person in 99% of Canadian cities have the virus (yet) so I think you can still avoid cabin fever while still avoiding people lol

    Comment


    • #47
      G__Deane wrote: View Post

      Just a question, why wouldn't you at least get outside and enjoy the nice weather today? I've taken my dogs for two long hikes and don't stop to talk with people as a safeguard. Not a single person in 99% of Canadian cities have the virus (yet) so I think you can still avoid cabin fever while still avoiding people lol
      When I say outside I meant eating at restaurants, going to the gym, mall, attending concerts etc..There are 70+ cases of COVID-19 in BC. I'm not taking any chances.

      Back to the game....
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • #48
        Just watched Game 7 of the Raps/Philly series. Kawhi Leonard took 38 shots in that game because everybody kept passing up open shots. Smh. Btw, I forgot how great Ibaka was in that game. Easily the 2nd best player for the Raps in that game.
        Mamba Mentality

        Comment


        • #49
          The Great One wrote: View Post
          Just watched Game 7 of the Raps/Philly series. Kawhi Leonard took 38 shots in that game because everybody kept passing up open shots. Smh. Btw, I forgot how great Ibaka was in that game. Easily the 2nd best player for the Raps in that game.
          I keep reminding people of Ibaka and Game 7. Kawhi and The Shot overshadowed everything, I guess.

          If Serge isn't clutch vs. Philly... a lot of people's reputations look a hella lot different today. In no particular order: Lowry, Masai, FVV, Nurse, Kawhi....
          Last edited by golden; Sun Mar 15th, 2020, 07:02 PM.

          Comment


          • #50
            ATTENTION THOSE WHO WANT TO WATCH PLAYOFF BASKETBALL: http://watchraw.com

            This site has every NBA Finals game from 2010-2019 (plus 2007). It also has both Conference Finals series from 2017, and every playoff game from both 2018 and 2019.

            Enjoy
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

            Comment


            • #51
              Just finished watching game 3 of the Bucks series. So many butt clenching moments. Even though we win in the end, it was still stressful to rewatch it lol.

              Green and Fred were beyond bad offensively. They both hit big threes late in the game but overall just bad. Defense was solid though. Gasol made so many boneheaded plays too.. but was pretty sound defensively. George Hill and Malcolm Brogdon are such annoying little pests man. Every time they needed a bucket one or both of those guys would hit a big shot.

              Kawhi played 52 minutes and landed weird on two dunks.. one early in the game, and one late in the game. He and Siakam put the team on their backs though, despite Siakam missing two free throws to ice it at the end of the 4th. He made up for it by getting the last two in the second O/T.

              There were so many opportunities where we would just win but the Bucks always came back. Kyle fouled out with 6 mins the 4th. Norm in the first O/T. Giannis was having a hard time offensively but still managed to grab 25 boards before he fouled out in the second O/T. Middleton couldn't do much but got the put back layup to tie it at the end of the 4th I believe. Raptors could have lost that game but stuck in there. Momentum winning game for the series. If we go down 3 we're not winning. Raptors tried so hard to win that one. And almost let it slip.

              If we face the Bucks in the playoffs its going to be so hard.. but thank god they don't have Brogdon anymore. That guy seems to just appear out of nowhere making big plays.

              Also Kawhi did cover Giannis a bit.. but it was a complete defensive system that stopped him. We had everyone on him from Lowry down to Green and Ibaka. Fred had him as well. It really wasn't Kawhi that stopped him at all. I'd say at least in game 3 the best defenders were Siakam and Marc. Ultimately its hard to contain him. His biggest advantage is he can see through the defense and make great passes. So you have to just make it tough on him so he hurries his passes. If he wants to drive and dunk just keep a wall in front of him with long arms. And block out all their guys.. they get a lot of offensive rebounds. Lopez has a knack of knocking the ball away to an open guy. Kyle is one of our best at blocking out. But his short length makes it difficult to contain and he can get cheap fouls if he's not careful (like the one that got him DQ'd in game 3).

              The biggest loss for us this season, obviously will be Kawhi because he can create offense out of nothing. We'll need multiple guys to step up.. and we only had 4 guys that really did anything at all in game 3 offensively: Kawhi, Siakam, Norm and Kyle (2/4 fouled out). Everyone else pretty much shat the bed. Although to Marc's credit he hit two big 3's in the first quarter. And another one in Lopez's face later in the game. Our offense in the playoffs this year will have to be firing on all cylinders for us to have a chance (assuming the season even picks back up).

              Will try to watch game 4 tomorrow. Less of a butt clenching game IIRC.

              Comment


              • #52
                007 wrote: View Post
                ATTENTION THOSE WHO WANT TO WATCH PLAYOFF BASKETBALL: http://watchraw.com

                This site has every NBA Finals game from 2010-2019 (plus 2007). It also has both Conference Finals series from 2017, and every playoff game from both 2018 and 2019.

                Enjoy
                Is it safe? Seem to be alot of pop ups

                Comment


                • #53
                  HogieTime wrote: View Post

                  Is it safe? Seem to be alot of pop ups
                  I’ve got an ad blocker installed, you should probably do that. Otherwise I’ve had no issues watching a few different games
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Working from home today. All off-site meetings have been cancelled, highways are empty.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Just finished watching game 3 of the Bucks series. So many butt clenching moments. Even though we win in the end, it was still stressful to rewatch it lol.

                      Green and Fred were beyond bad offensively. They both hit big threes late in the game but overall just bad. Defense was solid though. Gasol made so many boneheaded plays too.. but was pretty sound defensively. George Hill and Malcolm Brogdon are such annoying little pests man. Every time they needed a bucket one or both of those guys would hit a big shot.

                      Kawhi played 52 minutes and landed weird on two dunks.. one early in the game, and one late in the game. He and Siakam put the team on their backs though, despite Siakam missing two free throws to ice it at the end of the 4th. He made up for it by getting the last two in the second O/T.

                      There were so many opportunities where we would just win but the Bucks always came back. Kyle fouled out with 6 mins the 4th. Norm in the first O/T. Giannis was having a hard time offensively but still managed to grab 25 boards before he fouled out in the second O/T. Middleton couldn't do much but got the put back layup to tie it at the end of the 4th I believe. Raptors could have lost that game but stuck in there. Momentum winning game for the series. If we go down 3 we're not winning. Raptors tried so hard to win that one. And almost let it slip.

                      If we face the Bucks in the playoffs its going to be so hard.. but thank god they don't have Brogdon anymore. That guy seems to just appear out of nowhere making big plays.

                      Also Kawhi did cover Giannis a bit.. but it was a complete defensive system that stopped him. We had everyone on him from Lowry down to Green and Ibaka. Fred had him as well. It really wasn't Kawhi that stopped him at all. I'd say at least in game 3 the best defenders were Siakam and Marc. Ultimately its hard to contain him. His biggest advantage is he can see through the defense and make great passes. So you have to just make it tough on him so he hurries his passes. If he wants to drive and dunk just keep a wall in front of him with long arms. And block out all their guys.. they get a lot of offensive rebounds. Lopez has a knack of knocking the ball away to an open guy. Kyle is one of our best at blocking out. But his short length makes it difficult to contain and he can get cheap fouls if he's not careful (like the one that got him DQ'd in game 3).

                      The biggest loss for us this season, obviously will be Kawhi because he can create offense out of nothing. We'll need multiple guys to step up.. and we only had 4 guys that really did anything at all in game 3 offensively: Kawhi, Siakam, Norm and Kyle (2/4 fouled out). Everyone else pretty much shat the bed. Although to Marc's credit he hit two big 3's in the first quarter. And another one in Lopez's face later in the game. Our offense in the playoffs this year will have to be firing on all cylinders for us to have a chance (assuming the season even picks back up).

                      Will try to watch game 4 tomorrow. Less of a butt clenching game IIRC.
                      Now this is the kind of stuff that should come out of quarantine. Nice read.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Jclaw wrote: View Post

                        Now this is the kind of stuff that should come out of quarantine. Nice read.
                        Yeah, solid content by planetmars . The silver lining of this NBA stoppage is that we get to relive the championship all over again. It's interesting how when you re-watch the games, the reality is actually different from the accepted public narratives, stuff like:

                        1) Everybody except Kawhi showed up vs. Philly (no... Serge also saved our ass in game 7)
                        2) After game 2, Kawhi single-handedly shut down Giannis (no... it was a team defensive effort)

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          golden wrote: View Post

                          Yeah, solid content by planetmars . The silver lining of this NBA stoppage is that we get to relive the championship all over again. It's interesting how when you re-watch the games, the reality is actually different from the accepted public narratives, stuff like:

                          1) Everybody except Kawhi showed up vs. Philly (no... Serge also saved our ass in game 7)
                          2) After game 2, Kawhi single-handedly shut down Giannis (no... it was a team defensive effort)
                          I knew how much Kawhi saved our ass vs Philly, but I'm not sure I realized how close we were to the edge vs the Bucks. The 4 games in a row made it feel well in hand in hindsight, but that game 3 was on a razor's edge and we could easily have gone down 3-0. Could the Bucks have closed that out?
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            S.R. wrote: View Post

                            I knew how much Kawhi saved our ass vs Philly, but I'm not sure I realized how close we were to the edge vs the Bucks. The 4 games in a row made it feel well in hand in hindsight, but that game 3 was on a razor's edge and we could easily have gone down 3-0. Could the Bucks have closed that out?
                            I started watching game 4.. only did the first quarter before I had to go to work. Lowry saved our ass in that quarter. Bucks were rolling, shooting at like 65% and Giannis was a monster.. getting to the rim easily. Lopez and Mirotic hit big 3's.

                            Without Lowry we'd be down big. Lowry had like 12 points. Was our only offense for a big stretch. We ended up blowing them out. Took a sneak at the box score, and our bench won it. Fred, Serge and Norm all had big games. Kawhi only ended up with 19. Pascal only had 7. We won by 18.

                            Looking forward to those three quarters of kick ass Raptor ball though.

                            So even if the Bucks were up 3-0.. we have a really composed team. Maybe we still win? Or at least get it to a game 7.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Anyone would be down to all watch one of the playoff games at the same time? maybe make a game thread if enough people are in.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                Anyone would be down to all watch one of the playoff games at the same time? maybe make a game thread if enough people are in.
                                Chip game?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X