Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Chip game?
    I'm down. Unless anyone has any other suggestions?
    7:30 Eastern like a regular tip tonight?
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Might want to choose a day later in the week and get more RR poster a chance to see the date. Just a thought

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Might want to choose a day later in the week and get more RR poster a chance to see the date. Just a thought
        Watch party suspended until further notice

Comment

With the amount of time till basketball starts we pretty much have time to start right from round one lol

Comment

Finished game 4 against the Bucks. Lot of guys showed up in this one.

Kyle set the energy in the first quarter. Bucks were insanely hot, and Kyle kept the Raptors in it. Made some tough baskets and we had the lead by 1 going into the second. Giannis was having a big game.. I think he had as many points in the paint in the first quarter that he had in the 3rd game overall.. or it was close (I believe Reggie Miller mentioned that).

Second quarter lead grew to 8 because of Serge and the energy he brought. Just all over the rims. He ended up with 13 boards.. most of that damage was in the 2nd quarter. Norm was awesome. I have no idea why Norm plays so well against the Bucks.. maybe it was because they drafted and then traded him.. but he was awesome again. Fred was way more consistent. Hit a tough layup in traffic. Great defense. When he's playing help defense/floater on Giannis you could see a little panic in Giannis' face. Fred is really quick and really smart on defense. Lead grew to 10 when Middleton stupidly fouled Lowry with 3 seconds left before the half in the Raptors own court. He was going for the steal.. really dumb move.

Third quarter was all about defense and Gasol's ability to find open guys - especially Kawhi. There were two plays where Marc would just do a head bob, and Kawhi would get a wide open dunk (one ended up being an and-1). Siakam didn't shoot much.. was in foul trouble for most of the game, but he made some ridiculous passes.. a few to Serge. I think those were in the 4th not the 3rd, but still really noticed his playmaking. Looking at the box score he finished with 6 assists. He never forced a bad shot. Let the game come to him.. only ended up with 7 points on 3/6 shooting but he wasn't invisible. Kawhi was dog tired.. but got a lot of rest because of our ass whooping. He ended up with 19 you still had to tip your hat off to him. Great steal off an inbound play. Awesome primary defender on Giannis. Deflected a few shots. Made a tough 3. Even though he wasn't the best Raptor.. he was great.

In the 4th it was just about padding the lead. We were comfortably ahead.. Bucks tried to get a run, but we just always found a way to score right back. Whether it was a floater by Marc or a shot by Norm, or layup by Kyle. We eventually got the lead to 25.. then the 3rd stringers came in (Lin, Meeks, Boucher, Miller and Moreland) and they couldn't score at all in a little over 2 minutes. Just brick after brick. Bucks cut the lead to 18 before the buzzer went.

From the Bucks side.. Middleton was their best player. Lights out. I think he only missed like 3-4 shots. Brogdon was brutal. He hit his first field goal with like a minute left in the 3rd. Not sure he scored in the 4th (I checked, he ended up with 4 points). Hill hit a 3 I believe in the first half but was quiet through out (ended up with 5 points). Bledsoe also only had 5 points. Lopez was invisible, but in fairness to him he struggled with fouls. The only other scorer beside Giannis and Middleton I believe was Mirotic. Just a great job with our defense on their guards as they were awesome in game 3. Danny was still pretty bad on offense (ended up with 4 points) but his defense was on point. Must have been a huge point of contention by Nurse and his team between the two games.

Game 4 was also the Drake game.. where he put his arms on Nurse's shoulder and a meme was born. It was after Fred hit a bank shot 3pter but also got an and-1 as Giannis fouled Serge fighting for the rebound. Serge nailed his free throw by the way, and we went up 18 or 20 at that point. Bud looked like he wanted to cry for most of that second half. I don't really blame him.. his team looked rattled.

Hard to pick a player of the game.. but the three stars were easily Kyle, Serge and Norm. Kyle was consistent and our leader. Norm and Serge were just awesome. Okay Marc should get some love too, but there are only 3 stars unfortunately.

This was a momentum swinging game of the series. We almost lost in game 3, and really could have at a lot of moments. In game 4 we just kicked their asses, and you could see the Bucks feeling the pressure.

Really looking forward to game 5 now.

Comment

Watching the all Star game on tsn. I haven't seen it and heard the end was actually really competitive

Comment

HogieTime wrote: View Post
                Watching the all Star game on tsn. I haven't seen it and heard the end was actually really competitive
                wait for the charges

Comment

wait for the charges
                  Lowry with the big charge preventing harden with the game winner

Comment

HogieTime wrote: View Post
                    That all star game will be forever etched in my memory as one of my (many) favourite Kyle Lowry moments.

Comment

Days are already getting repetitive. Working from home but calls/emails are pretty much useless right now.
                      What to do today?

Comment

I've caught up with the Walking Dead and finished Black Summer. That was pretty good, some intense scenes in that one. V Wars is hot garbage. I'm certainly not expecting Zombies in the future, but one thing is clear...SARS, H1N1 and now COVID19...all practice. WTF is gonna happen when a virus is unleashed upon us that spreads like COVID but kills 5-10% of the population or more? And you gotta believe that something like that is gonna happen sooner or later. I also read up on the various plague epidemics from Wikipedia. Now that was some scary shit. Imagine living in Constantinople (Istanbul) in the mid-1300's and watching 5000-10000 people PER DAY dying of plague. Hard to believe we are still here.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          I've caught up with the Walking Dead and finished Black Summer. That was pretty good, some intense scenes in that one. V Wars is hot garbage. I'm certainly not expecting Zombies in the future, but one thing is clear...SARS, H1N1 and now COVID19...all practice. WTF is gonna happen when a virus is unleashed upon us that spreads like COVID but kills 5-10% of the population or more? And you gotta believe that something like that is gonna happen sooner or later. I also read up on the various plague epidemics from Wikipedia. Now that was some scary shit. Imagine living in Constantinople (Istanbul) in the mid-1300's and watching 5000-10000 people PER DAY dying of plague. Hard to believe we are still here.
                          The Black Death, also known as the Pestilence, Great Bubonic Plague, the Great Plague or the Plague, or less commonly the Great Mortality or Black Plague, was one of the most devastating pandemics in human history, resulting in the deaths of an estimated 75 to 200 million people in Eurasia, peaking in Europe from 1347 ...

Comment

Ok that's it. I'm buying a PS4/NBA 2K this weekend. There's absolutely nothing to do. Not good news if you're a "pro gamer" because all I need is 2 hours to learn this whole NBA 2K thing. I'd whoop their ass when I get this thing.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

As you guys prepare for game 1.. here is my game 5 summary against the Bucks.

Bucks started lightning hot. They were up 18-4. Our offense was terrible. Nobody could buy a bucket.. the Bucks crowd was insane. Kawhi hit a 3 and then Norm got a free throw to get the 4 points. Giannis was getting good looks. Unlike in game 4 Bledsoe, Brogdon and Hill showed up. And also unlike game 4, Middleton was a no show.. at least offensively (he did get a lot of rebounds and assists though.. and was the primary defender on Kawhi).

The sad thing about game 5 was that it really dawned on me that we didn't have Kawhi anymore. He was amazing.

Anyway after the first we were down 10. In the second it was a lot of Fred and Kawhi that got us back in the game. And our defense.. we just kept denying good looks from the Bucks. At one point they had missed 9 of their last 10 shots. After we got it down to 5.. and seemed to stay there for like a lifetime, Fred nailed a 3 to make it a 2 point game. Eventually it became a 3 point game at half time. And that was remarkable given how we just couldn't score at all for a long stretch.

Third quarter was up and down.. Bucks took a big lead again. And Raptors found a way to crawl back.. Fred again hit some big shots. Kawhi hit some huge shots. When we were clawing back down 12+ we just used defense as our strategy. Bucks missed shots.. we made ours. Gotta give the Bucks credit too though. They play tough defense.

In the 4th it was the Kawhi show. We just essentially decided to go ISO every play down. And Kawhi is just so fricken awesome. Even with his legs not there, he was able to get us easy buckets. At one point though the Bucks tied the game on a wild 3pt shot by Lopez. The crowd was insane but we never flinched. At that point when it got to crunch time (under 2 minutes) for some reason Bud subbed out Giannis. He had rolled his ankle but he seemed fine. Middleton still got a bucket without Giannis there.. but on the other end, Kawhi missed a shot with the shot clock going down, grazed the rim, then Gasol got the rebound and Lopez fouled him. If Giannis was there he probably would have secured the board, and the game might have looked differently.

Anyway.. Gasol hit 1 of 2 free throws, and we were up 3.. Great defense by Siakam causing Brogdon to lose the ball off of his leg. Had to inbound the ball after a timeout and when we did Kawhi almost threw it away but Kyle got it to Siakam for an easy dunk (by the way Kyle got nailed, and the refs didn't call it). It was a Marc Davis/Tony Brothers classic. But we got lucky. And then the Bucks played the foul game until we ended up winning by 6.

No idea how we pulled that off. It was essentially a miracle win. The crowd was nuts. Bucks were rolling. We couldn't score, and missed a lot of shots. Playoff Norm wasn't even really there. It was all Kawhi and Fred. Kawhi more so.. but Fred went 7/9 or something from 3 and ended up with 21 points. Serge only had 6 points. Marc 4, Danny 0. Norm had 8. It was Kawhi, Fred, Siakam and Lowry. By the way Danny was just really invisible all series. No wonder we didn't sign him back. Great defense.. but not worth the $15M or whatever he's making with LA.

Defensively everyone was awesome. Big walls in front of Giannis. Lightning quick guards that ran out to the shooters when Giannis passed it out. Deflected and blocked a lot of shots (Pascal had 4 blocks alone). Avoided fouling too much in the second half. It was our team defense kept us in the game and then helped us win in the end. Masai really knows how to build a team man. And Nurse was smart enough to figure out a scheme that works with the talent he has.

Game 6 has been watched to death.. but gotta finish what I started. Will try to do that tomorrow. Up 3-2 and things are looking really good. We're coming for you Golden State!

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Ok that's it. I'm buying a PS4/NBA 2K this weekend. There's absolutely nothing to do. Not good news if you're a "pro gamer" because all I need is 2 hours to learn this whole NBA 2K thing. I'd whoop their ass when I get this thing.
                                I've got Xbox one with 2k20. I used to be big into it but the micro transactions really pissed me off. Plus I now have a child so not much free time anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X