Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is almost like watching a live game because I don't remember if the spurs win it in 2013 or if it was 2014 lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Had to go grocery shopping this morning for our family as well as for some friends who are on self lockdown. Stores weren't really that busy and some things were light on the shelf but I didn't see any shortages. All the things on sale were in good supply.
      *didn't check tp*
      I had to get some stuff on Wednesday evening and was shocked to find almost all the bread, milk, meat and eggs (and of course TP) sold out, with signs saying "only 2 per customer", but all the canned goods in great supply.

Why the hell are people hoarding perishables? What are you gonna do with 60 eggs in 2 weeks?!

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

I had to get some stuff on Wednesday evening and was shocked to find almost all the bread, milk, meat and eggs (and of course TP) sold out, with signs saying "only 2 per customer", but all the canned goods in great supply.

Why the hell are people hoarding perishables? What are you gonna do with 60 eggs in 2 weeks?!
        FYI, eggs I just bought are best before Apr 20 so you get a month out of them. A dozen eggs a week is easy for a family of 4.
        Milk is April 20th so a bit more than 2 weeks. Bread and meat of course can be frozen. I have a good sized freezer in the basement full of steaks, pork chops, chicken breasts/thighs/wings, side and back bacon, a ham, stuffed chicken thingies, burgers, hot dogs, frozen veggies, frozen OJ, ice cream, shrimp, english muffins, sliced bread, crumpets, burger buns, butter and frozen fruit.

We have lots of pasta, sauce, beans, soup, tuna, rice, flour, muffin mix, oil.

And a half fridge full of beer

This is not for COVID 19, this is normal for us, we're always good for a month....I think I have food issues even in normal times.

What you can't store is fresh veggies, fruit and the aforementioned milk etc. We keep hearing there's no supply issues so no need to be worried yet except you still have to venture out to get them
        Last edited by G__Deane; Fri Mar 20, 2020, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Finally watched the second half of the ASG, man Giannis picked a terrible roster (relatively speaking). Lebron's team was loaded. Bail out calls, free throws, and a bit of scrappy play prolonged the inevitable but basically as soon as Lebron's closers were in, Team Giannis couldn't score. Reminded me what the limits of having a team led by Lowry and Siakam are, they couldn't get buckets in the 4th either. Meanwhile Kawhi and Lebron just did Kawhi and Lebron things. Those guys are unstoppable.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Finally watched the second half of the ASG, man Giannis picked a terrible roster (relatively speaking). Lebron's team was loaded. Bail out calls, free throws, and a bit of scrappy play prolonged the inevitable but basically as soon as Lebron's closers were in, Team Giannis couldn't score. Reminded me what the limits of having a team led by Lowry and Siakam are, they couldn't get buckets in the 4th either. Meanwhile Kawhi and Lebron just did Kawhi and Lebron things. Those guys are unstoppable.
            To be fair.. no one was expecting defensive intensity in an All Star Game.

Comment

• With a VPN enabled I was able to get to some classic games. Just rewatched game 5 of the 91 Finals between the Bulls and the Lakers. So different back then. The paint is so clogged with big bodies. Everyone wants to back down and try to get a shot in the paint.

Bulls had so much length. Went for so many deflections and steals. MJ and Pippen both each ended up with 5 steals. MJ had 30 but it didn't look like he was trying. Scottie ended up with a game high 32 with 13 boards (and the 5 steals). MJ had 10 assists. Magic had 20 assists. I felt bad for him as his team sort of sucked. Perkins was the only reliable offensive threat and he's so limited. They had a couple of bench guys step up but I'm really surprised the Lakers got to the finals with that team. Still they made it a close game. was tied going into the 4th and they took a lead with like 9 mins left. Bulls won it because of Paxton who just went insane. He scored like 12 points in the 4th. Refs by the way called so many travel calls. Felt like I was watching an NCAA game. Stern must have made some changes not soon after. I think MJ had two travel calls on him. Scottie might have had three or four. Just crazy.

MJ was so respectful at the end of the game in the locker room. Just pure class. Thanked the team and never gave himself any credit for the win. Was asked if the torch was passed from Magic to him, and he just gave a shout out to a bunch of players in the game. He was happy to have won but if he never did he would have been proud of his career.. Ended up with 5 more rings.

Sort of a boring game because of the lack of ball movement.. but great to see that game again. And Marv actually remembered everyone's names. Pre-senile Marv was awesome.

I think I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend. Thank-you NBA for giving this to fans during this "hiatus"!

Comment

• Just finished Game 3 of the Finals. Kawhi, Lowry, Ibaka, Gasol , Green, FVV....everyone showed up in that game. Ibaka was sensational in the 4th.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Visited with some of the kids using Zoom. Very easy to use and the video was good and sound okay. Nice way to have a group visit. Not sure how many people can get online using the basic (free) version, but if you are self-isolating, or staying in, a nice way to have a social visit. We drank wine and chatted for 90 minutes very comfortably. The sound delay was minor. This is a killer app. Just what I was looking for to do some marketing workshops for local businesses that are closing down for a while and would like to come out of their recess with guns blazing. If you haven't tried it, give it a look since you are at home anyway.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Visited with some of the kids using Zoom. Very easy to use and the video was good and sound okay. Nice way to have a group visit. Not sure how many people can get online using the basic (free) version, but if you are self-isolating, or staying in, a nice way to have a social visit. We drank wine and chatted for 90 minutes very comfortably. The sound delay was minor. This is a killer app. Just what I was looking for to do some marketing workshops for local businesses that are closing down for a while and would like to come out of their recess with guns blazing. If you haven't tried it, give it a look since you are at home anyway.
                    I had a group chat earlier today on it that someone else arranged... They said it's free for as many people as you like, you just can't go over 30 min. There were at least 10 of us on in our own little windows. Pretty great for sure.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      Just finished Game 3 of the Finals. Kawhi, Lowry, Ibaka, Gasol , Green, FVV....everyone showed up in that game. Ibaka was sensational in the 4th.
                      *SPOILER alert*

Comment

• The big 3 looks like they are going to combine basketball and Reality T.V. There going to play a tournament with like 4-6 teams of all guys who test negative and then all the players from every team are going to live in the same house between games and make a T.V show out of that.
                        Pretty good idea from Ice Cube, that actually sounds like it could be pretty entertaining.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I made a McCaw playoff mixtape
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

I made a McCaw playoff mixtape
                            Lol nicely done, one day he will have his number raised to the rafters

Comment

• Tried to look for Lysol disinfecting wipes as I use them to clean my house with (not wipe my hands), as I am running low. Hopefully people aren't using those wipes to clean their hands and mouth. That stuff is made from ammonium and ethanol.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Tried to look for Lysol disinfecting wipes as I use them to clean my house with (not wipe my hands), as I am running low. Hopefully people aren't using those wipes to clean their hands and mouth. That stuff is made from ammonium and ethanol.
                                You never know. People were spreading a online rumor that a shot of Bleach and Cocaine kill the virus. lol
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X