Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    I watched a bit of the Bruins/Wings game that was on last night (2003?) and some of the Bruins NYI Wales Conf final that was on this am. Oakland Jays game from last season on now. Stroman pitching
    And Vladdys first game.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      What is everybody's working status? Working from home, laid off, going to work still?
      Blessed to be able to work from home, just finished a meeting discussing the agenda for our global sales meeting - to be held 100% online of course.

Comment

• Retired but putzing around in the marketing field for local businesses. Just got introduced to Zoom (like a lot of people recently I bet) and it has some great possibilities. I'll be checking out it's utility for webinars today. I want to put on a bunch of free webinar workshops for local businesses to help them improve their online presence (mostly pitiful around here) so they can hit the ground running when this eases up, and hopefully recoup some of what they have lost.

Of course, it will help my brand a bit. Maybe I get some business from it in the late summer or fall if I wind up helping anyone.

But check out Zoom if you are or want to do online meetings or classes.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          Retired but putzing around in the marketing field for local businesses. Just got introduced to Zoom (like a lot of people recently I bet) and it has some great possibilities. I'll be checking out it's utility for webinars today. I want to put on a bunch of free webinar workshops for local businesses to help them improve their online presence (mostly pitiful around here) so they can hit the ground running when this eases up, and hopefully recoup some of what they have lost.

Of course, it will help my brand a bit. Maybe I get some business from it in the late summer or fall if I wind up helping anyone.

But check out Zoom if you are or want to do online meetings or classes.
          Zoom is super easy to use and is apparently the only new ground-up video conferencing platform (from the programming perspective) in years, which is why it works so well. At least that's what their sales reps say.

We were on it at work about a year ago but actually switched over to Microsoft Teams because it integrates better with the whole Microsoft suite, which we use quite a bit for cloud functions as we've got staff working all over the place.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Watching 2006 Nets vs Suns on NBA YouTube

Comment

• Watching Game 3 against the Bucks, Gasol might be the 2nd most important Raptor in their championship run last year. I don't think the Raptors would have won the championship without him.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Watching Game 3 against the Bucks, Gasol might be the 2nd most important Raptor in their championship run last year. I don't think the Raptors would have won the championship without him.
                It was a crazy run looking back on it pretty much every guy in the rotation we probably dont win without certain moments. Danny and Norm may be the only exceptions but Danny did have 1 big game in finals and Norms bench scoring punch vs the bucks was huge.
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

This was 12 days ago, how do you look like now?
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Mark Cuban is hopeful the NBA will resume in May.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

What is everybody's working status? Working from home, laid off, going to work still?
                      Working from home (where I do several days per week normally). But no clients in their offices anyway and nothing much to do but stay in touch for when all gets back to normal. The question is if that is weeks or months away. Hopefully end April max....

Comment

Watching Game 3 against the Bucks, Gasol might be the 2nd most important Raptor in their championship run last year. I don't think the Raptors would have won the championship without him.
                        Even when watching the opening series, I was thinking how good Gasol looked last year vs this year. He was more aggressive inside and passing seems quicker/crisper. Against ORL and Vucevic but still ....

Combined with the ongoing injuries this season, again there's no way I offer him more than another 1 year deal

Comment

Mark Cuban is hopeful the NBA will resume in May.
                          I think we all are, but literally no one in the world knows when this will peak yet or how long it will last. We'll know by the end of April imo
                          More and more entire countries are going on full lockdown and/or night curfews. We may well be heading there.

In my local area, the LCBO has tons of shortages after they announced the lass business closings, don't people know it's an "essential" service and not subject to closing?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think we all are, but literally no one in the world knows when this will peak yet or how long it will last. We'll know by the end of April imo
                            More and more entire countries are going on full lockdown and/or night curfews. We may well be heading there.

In my local area, the LCBO has tons of shortages after they announced the lass business closings, don't people know it's an "essential" service and not subject to closing?
                            What is it with the curfews? Not sure what that accomplishes? Going willy nilly doing as much mixing and mingling as you need to, as long as its between 4 am and 4 pm? Are 5 pm germs more deadly?
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

What is it with the curfews? Not sure what that accomplishes? Going willy nilly doing as much mixing and mingling as you need to, as long as its between 4 am and 4 pm? Are 5 pm germs more deadly?
                              Likely the same as when they said keep to groups under 50 then under 25. They're just trying to cut down on social interaction opportunities without going to full 24/7 lockdown. Could also be guarding against looting opportunities in all the shut down retail stores....

Comment

• planetmars wrote:

I mentioned this in a different thread I think.. but in my local grocery they do that to allow their staff to clean/sanitize/disinfect the store. If they did that with normal closing hours their staff would have to work extra late to make that happen. Apparently new regulations came in on what is required to make the store clean/safe.
                                Yeah but they're enforcing night time curfews on the public, not store hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X