Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Here's my observation from watching old Lakers/Celtics game: Bird > Magic. The way he can shoot the ball and pass and rebound is ridiculous. His basketball IQ is also off the charts. EASILY a top 5 player of all time imo. He would've killed it if he played in this era.
    I think the truly great ones would adapt and be great in any era. One potential issue is that athletes are generally in better shape and better trained in all ways. Bird looked like a kinda soft white guy even in his prime lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Today was another quiet day today, stayed around the house, walked the dog a bunch of times and saw a bunch of other people walking dogs a bunch of times
      I think dogs started this whole thing ....
      We just picked up our German Shepherd puppy, at 8 weeks or age, a week and a half ago. Lots of action around our house now. Our current shepherd, 2 year old Elsa, is doing a great job of tiring the puppy out, forcing it to recover with multiple naps a day. Only had to get up for pee breaks the first three nights and the lovely little guy has been sleeping through since then.

Also digging into Zoom virtual meeting software a lot more. A fantastic piece of software. I hope to be doing marketing webinars for local businesses in 2-4 days. With most businesses having some time off, it's a great opportunity for business owners or work at home free lancers to pimp their presence online with plenty of free or extremely low cost actions. A ton of businesses out here in the wilderness east of Peterborough, along the Highway 7 corridor, have a terrible online presence. Should be fun while providing a useful service.

Looking forward to watching last years playoff run on TV. I really wasn't that interested in the Orlando series, but now it gets really good.:-)

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Well before that.... the Embiid matchup, when Nurse finally decided to tether Gasol's minutes to him.
        My point was that we probably survive the 76ers without him, assuming JV is there to protect Serge from the Embiid matchup. Gasol's lack of scoring hurt us quite a bit that series, made us too reliant on the three ball and it wasn't falling. And Orlando was never going to be a problem.

But it paid off in spades in the conference finals. Think the Bucks play JV off the floor, and the aggressive help scheme on Giannis was only going to work with a defensive genius like Marc. Hard to say how the Finals would have played but I don't think we get there anyway.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

We just picked up our German Shepherd puppy, at 8 weeks or age, a week and a half ago. Lots of action around our house now. Our current shepherd, 2 year old Elsa, is doing a great job of tiring the puppy out, forcing it to recover with multiple naps a day. Only had to get up for pee breaks the first three nights and the lovely little guy has been sleeping through since then.

Also digging into Zoom virtual meeting software a lot more. A fantastic piece of software. I hope to be doing marketing webinars for local businesses in 2-4 days. With most businesses having some time off, it's a great opportunity for business owners or work at home free lancers to pimp their presence online with plenty of free or extremely low cost actions. A ton of businesses out here in the wilderness east of Peterborough, along the Highway 7 corridor, have a terrible online presence. Should be fun while providing a useful service.

Looking forward to watching last years playoff run on TV. I really wasn't that interested in the Orlando series, but now it gets really good.:-)
          I'm not sure if I mentioned this in another thread (or above) but two weeks ago, we got a new 12 week old German Shepherd pup to go along with our 5 year old. They've become best buds (outside at least) and the little guy only had one accident in the house (the first day) and has slept through the night every single night. Judging by his father, this little guy is going to be a very big boy. Like I said, coyotes in my area (that are very bold in trotting through the back yard/woods most days) are on notice....my older boy runs them off regularly and with intent. But they keep coming back around.

A ton of work every single time we do this but very worth it and of course, we have a lot of time on on hands these days
          Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Mar 26, 2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Here's my observation from watching old Lakers/Celtics game: Bird > Magic. The way he can shoot the ball and pass and rebound is ridiculous. His basketball IQ is also off the charts. EASILY a top 5 player of all time imo. He would've killed it if he played in this era.
            Larry Bird passing highlights are one of my favourite things to watch on YouTube, absolutely unreal.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Not sure I agree. Today's players are so much more athletic and physical. Imagine going against players like LeBron and Durant and Kawh etc?

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post

Not sure I agree. Today's players are so much more athletic and physical. Imagine going against players like LeBron and Durant and Kawhi etc?
                Lol what?

Bird played in an era where tackling was legal. Dudes took a beating in that era and Bird still put up 24/10/6. LeBron barely gets touched and it's a flagrant lmao.

Bird also won 3 MVP’s in a row, in an era with 4 of the top 10 players of all time(Hakeem, Magic, JORDAN, Kareem).

Bird would absolutely torch dudes in today's game. Open 3s where you can barely be touched?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post

Not sure I agree. Today's players are so much more athletic and physical. Imagine going against players like LeBron and Durant and Kawh etc?
                  Imagine having the training and resources of lebron durant and kawhi. imagine being on steroids or other additives, having personal trainers 11 months out of the year, hyperbaric chambers, workout technology we didn't have then, analytics, 12 assistant coaches, etc, etc. Elite is elite is elite and Bird would have been a nasty stretch 5
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Imagine having the training and resources of lebron durant and kawhi. imagine being on steroids or other additives, having personal trainers 11 months out of the year, hyperbaric chambers, workout technology we didn't have then, analytics, 12 assistant coaches, etc, etc. Elite is elite is elite and Bird would have been a nasty stretch 5
                    Yeah, the NBA in the late 80s was not the NBA in the 50s. Sure whatever percentage of guys were snorting coke, but the league was absolutely full of athletes.

Bird's athleticism is one of the most fun things to watch about him, actually. His nimblenss and dexterity for his size was amazing. And he used his size, too. He was Tyson Power, not Adam Morrison.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Larry Bird passing highlights are one of my favourite things to watch on YouTube, absolutely unreal.

Unbelievable... what a savant.

His style is so janky too. I love watching how he hunches over like an old witch to dribble ... it just looks so awkward.

And then for all those passes he barely touches them, there like volleyball bumps or something.

Good thing had great receivers from the looks of things, in McHale and Parrish... You sure gotta be expecting the unexpected when Bird is on the floor.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

It was the shorty shorts .... little known fact that Bird also went Commando under them .... freedom baby

Comment

• if Kevin Love is in NBA then Bird would've been more than fine.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Watching a bit of classic Globetrotters

Rest In Peace Curly Neal

Comment

so that's a one game sample size then? i don't necessarily disagree but there's a reason they're always lumped side by side in any GOAT list, and that's because they're pretty neck and neck.

it's worth pointing out though that the homer of all celtics homers bill simmons ranked basketball jesus at number 5 in his book of basketball pyramid and had magic at 4. he's going off a bigger sample size too i'd guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X