Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Ive been trying to find a hoop or a park to go shoot some hoops by myself. Many have signs up saying closed, some have yellow caution tape and some have even removed the rim.
    I get that people shouldnt be playing pick up games but i just want to go shoot some hoops by myself for a half hour or something. Kinda crazy. What am i going to blow my nose into my hand dunk the ball, then the next person comes by happens to be vince carter and he jumps and kisses the rim?
    I was all set to go down to the local public school and get some outside court time and learned that outdoor courts are closed. Talk about a downer. I have an adjustable hoop on my slanted driveway right next to the bush that grows up all along my lot. But any weird rebound and I'm slogging through the underbrush to get the ball. Just not the same. This is absolutely the last straw. YOU'VE TAKEN EVERYTHING FROM ME. AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO I AM!

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I was all set to go down to the local public school and get some outside court time and learned that outdoor courts are closed. Talk about a downer. I have an adjustable hoop on my slanted driveway right next to the bush that grows up all along my lot. But any weird rebound and I'm slogging through the underbrush to get the ball. Just not the same. This is absolutely the last straw. YOU'VE TAKEN EVERYTHING FROM ME. AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO I AM!
      Just look at it as cross training

Comment

• More raking out gardens and walking the dogs today
        Need to put down some grass seed too
        Gonna have to BBQ something good tonight

This is the life?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          More raking out gardens and walking the dogs today
          Need to put down some grass seed too
          Gonna have to BBQ something good tonight

This is the life?
          Ya you can still do regular outdoor activitys the don't involve a group, people seem to not think they can.
          I went for a hike yesterday and then stopped by a lake and fished for about a hour. There were 2 other people their fishing we just stayed away from each other. Some familys walking by with their dogs. Was probably the best day ive had since this started.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Ya you can still do regular outdoor activitys the don't involve a group, people seem to not think they can.
            I went for a hike yesterday and then stopped by a lake and fished for about a hour. There were 2 other people their fishing we just stayed away from each other. Some familys walking by with their dogs. Was probably the best day ive had since this started.
            Took the dogs for a huge hike and let them play in the creek, then got the patio furniture out of winter storage and up on the deck and sat and had bacon and egg on an English Muffin with a beer in the sun.....could be worse

I hear they're closing down Home Depot etc tomorrow, might soon be left with just grocery stores and pharmacies.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Took the dogs for a huge hike and let them play in the creek, then got the patio furniture out of winter storage and up on the deck and sat and had bacon and egg on an English Muffin with a beer in the sun.....could be worse

I hear they're closing down Home Depot etc tomorrow, might soon be left with just grocery stores and pharmacies.
              And if your toilet gets plugged? Or more seriously..... you can't get running water?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

And if your toilet gets plugged? Or more seriously..... you can't get running water?
                Buy a toilet plunger and Drano ahead of time. And when was the last time you didn't have running water? Unless it's a well....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

And if your toilet gets plugged?
                  You use your hands like God intended
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• If you remember, right after the Jazz game, I posted here if we're even going to see playoff basketball this year. You can forget about that now. It's not happening. The question now is, would there even be a next season? because they're saying it would take 12-18 months to develop a vaccine. So we're talkin what, September 2021?

I can't see team sports resuming until we get a vaccine.

Comment

Not to be too granola but being out in nature is absolutely one of the best things you can do for your mind/spirit/soul. You can especially feel the impact during a time like this, it's a great way to just breathe and recharge, get grounded. We still connect to the natural world in a way that nothing else can replace.

But if you want to take it a step further, apparently sunning your sphincter is a thing. Not that I'd know. Saw it on the Internet somewhere.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                        If you remember, right after the Jazz game, I posted here if we're even going to see playoff basketball this year. You can forget about that now. It's not happening. The question now is, would there even be a next season? because they're saying it would take 12-18 months to develop a vaccine. So we're talkin what, September 2021?

A drug to lessen the impact on the most severely affected might be good enough in the interim until a controlled herd immunity takes root. The Japanese have a drug that was used successfully in Africa for Ebola.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

But if you want to take it a step further, apparently sunning your sphincter is a thing. Not that I'd know. Saw it on the Internet somewhere.
                          Maybe I'll go try that on my balcony this afternoon
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                            If you remember, right after the Jazz game, I posted here if we're even going to see playoff basketball this year. You can forget about that now. It's not happening. The question now is, would there even be a next season? because they're saying it would take 12-18 months to develop a vaccine. So we're talkin what, September 2021?

No vaccine for AIDS
                            No vaccine better than 50% for seasonal flu every year
                            No vaccine for the common cold

We could well never have a vaccine for COVID or the next one. The vast majority will still be fine

Comment

Maybe I'll go try that on my balcony this afternoon
                              You need to be out in a public park for it to be most effective

Comment

• Gardens all raked out, BBQ burgers for lunch, couple good hikes. Weekend shot

Comment

Working...
                                X