Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    So I went to Superstore yesterday for groceries and I was standing on the X(sign) on the floor or whatever it was and the guy behind me was not(and yes there was a long lineup). I asked him NICELY to move back to keep social distance. He got mad, moved back by like an inch and said he was just going to breathe harder. I asked him nicely again. The dude hen started cursing. So i waved at the security guard and told him about the situation. The guard told the guy where he should be standing. Now he's really mad. Mofo asked what my problem was. I told him to back off if he knows what's good for him. I swear to god if he moved closer I would've knocked him out cold. I have LITTLE patience for these idiots right now.
    You would have made the news bro!

Around here, people keep their distance at the bank (line up outdoors, only a few inside at a time), the grocery store (no lineups, people keeping their distance on the X at checkout) but you still have to pass people in the aisles and people are generally very civil.

But I saw long lineups driving by a few different Beer Stores today and HUGE lineups outside Costco still. Maybe people getting a head start on Easter groceries? I had to drive 4 hours round trip today on the 401 and I haven't seen so few cars in years, the greedy 407 toll road foreign owners are finally getting hosed back because it's empty!

Comment

• Watched a few Shaqtin videos... perhaps one benefit of generally being ignored by the US media is that there are very few clips of the Raptors

Comment

• Some changes at my local grocery store today:
        Of course yesterday was closed and I think a fair number of people were taken off guard by that and remembered that Sunday was Easter. My local store opened at 8 and the first hour was for seniors so I arrived just about 9:00....too late!

The lineup went from the front door to the side and all the way to the back and snaked to the side again, everyone standing 6-10 feet apart. Maybe 200 in line, 45 minutes to get in as the allowed 1-2 in for every 1-2 out.

Still most not wearing masks, today is the first day I wore an N95 to a store (haven't been to a store besides grocery in a month. Store was super well stocked, maybe 1-3 people total in every aisle and aisles are now made one way, first I've seen of that.

Then a single lineup with a store employee directing you to the first available cashier.

All seemed very organized but weird. Total took about 1.5 hours, 3X as long as normal.

Oh, any they were totally out of eggs maybe the bunny took them all...

Comment

• Happy Easter RR.
          We can't have a huge family dinner tonight so I'm going to have to do my part to make up for others who have to be missing

Comment

• Netflix and chill kind of day.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Netflix and chill kind of day.
              Isn't that most most days these days

Comment

• Interview with Masai was great by Ernie but my god

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Had to go pick up some dog medicine today.The vet leaves the meds in a bag in a box on the front steps and cracks open the door to go over the instructions. Credit card otp or e-transfer; no debit to touch.

There's way less security at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    Had to go pick up some dog medicine today.The vet leaves the meds in a bag in a box on the front steps and cracks open the door to go over the instructions. Credit card otp or e-transfer; no debit to touch.

There's way less security at Shoppers Drug Mart.
                    When I went to the Shoppers Drug Mart near me, you had to queue up outside like grocery store. When you got inside, there was an attendant and sanitizing station and you had to sanitize your hands before proceeding

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You would have made the news bro!

Around here, people keep their distance at the bank (line up outdoors, only a few inside at a time), the grocery store (no lineups, people keeping their distance on the X at checkout) but you still have to pass people in the aisles and people are generally very civil.

But I saw long lineups driving by a few different Beer Stores today and HUGE lineups outside Costco still. Maybe people getting a head start on Easter groceries? I had to drive 4 hours round trip today on the 401 and I haven't seen so few cars in years, the greedy 407 toll road foreign owners are finally getting hosed back because it's empty!
                      Interesting my friend sent me this:

From my mom, what my sister witnessed today:

Listen to this! Sophie was in a lineup this morning at the pharmacy. Huge huge lineup. An older lady comes to the front of the lineup. The man says to go back in her lineup. She says no I don’t have to I’m old. The man says go back to your lineup. An employee came out and said you will have to go back to your lineup. The old woman punched her in the face, breaking her nose. Police came asking questions as to whether the old woman did this and everyone in the lineup said yes. Police asked was there any confrontation shown to her. People said no and the old lady was taken away.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

When I went to the Shoppers Drug Mart near me, you had to queue up outside like grocery store. When you got inside, there was an attendant and sanitizing station and you had to sanitize your hands before proceeding
                        That's the same here at every grocery store. Banks too (those that are open) sans the carts. The Shoppers was more or less business as usual except for the plexi screen in front of the pharmacist and checkout but there was only about a dozen customers in the store.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Interview with Masai was great by Ernie but my god

Full interview was great. Pretty candid as well. Hope DeMar is one day able to forgive.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Full interview was great. Pretty candid as well. Hope DeMar is one day able to forgive.
                            I guess the championship made it sting worse? Was masai supposed to not win a championship to spare feelings? Wouldnt be a very good manager then..
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              Despite the user name i am living in B.C now.

Yesterday they announced that all B.C parks closed indefinitely. $115 dollar fine if you are caught using a closed park.

Pisses me off. I have been going outside to help my mental health and it has been helping greatly. I can go to B.C parks that are 1000's of acres and maybe see 1 or 2 other people out fishing, walking to dog. Closing busy city parks may have some merit but this is to far and is probably actually detrimental as it helps people like myself get some peace of mind and helps with mental health.

Right now in B.C 838/1291 cases have recovered. This is a ridiculous government action.

My summers consist of Hiking, Swimming, Fishing and hanging out at the river. I can do all those things while social distancing and the Gov can fuck right off if they think they are going to stop people from doing that.
                              wow you can't trust anybody these days
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

wow you can't trust anybody these days
                                And here I was, all this time, thinking his name was: Bert.... a Raps fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X