Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got a chance to watch that Tiger King doc series over the weekend. Just pure comedy gold. Found this on youtube and made me laugh. Especially the comments from 9 years back.

Comment

• Anybody else think the first two episodes of The Last Dance were a bit slow? Felt like trying to draw not enough content out over too much time. Still pretty good overall.

Those MJ playoff games vs the Celtics were historic. That right there is a great argument for GOAT status. The Celtics were an all time great team, in their prime, and a young MJ (still a lot of development ahead of him) with virtually no help could walk in their gym in the playoffs and drop 60 on them at will, averaged 44 ppg in the series, and in Game 3 where they finally contained his scoring he nearly posted a triple double. I mean who does that? As a 22 year old kid? Eventually he got more help and Phil helped show him how to elevate the whole team and maybe all that hid a bit just how massive of a talent he was as an individual.

Also easy to forget how huge he was internationally. Way bigger than any star we've had since.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Anybody else think the first two episodes of The Last Dance were a bit slow? Felt like trying to draw not enough content out over too much time. Still pretty good overall.

Those MJ playoff games vs the Celtics were historic. That right there is a great argument for GOAT status. The Celtics were an all time great team, in their prime, and a young MJ (still a lot of development ahead of him) with virtually no help could walk in their gym in the playoffs and drop 60 on them at will, averaged 44 ppg in the series, and in Game 3 where they finally contained his scoring he nearly posted a triple double. I mean who does that? As a 22 year old kid? Eventually he got more help and Phil helped show him how to elevate the whole team and maybe all that hid a bit just how massive of a talent he was as an individual.

Also easy to forget how huge he was internationally. Way bigger than any star we've had since.
        Actually love the depth it got into, personally. They touched on Jordan's upbringing, as a kid, college, rookie, 2nd year. They covered pippens upbringing and his prime. They went in depth on Krause, and kept going back to the clips and start of 98 season. all in the first 2 episodes. Sign me up for 8 more. Cant wait for the Rodman episode.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Actually love the depth it got into, personally. They touched on Jordan's upbringing, as a kid, college, rookie, 2nd year. They covered pippens upbringing and his prime. They went in depth on Krause, and kept going back to the clips and start of 98 season. all in the first 2 episodes. Sign me up for 8 more. Cant wait for the Rodman episode.
          The Pippen backstory was amazing, I didn't realize he started so late or so raw. Equipment manager in college, had to talk the coach into giving him a shot after roster spots opened up. Ended up as a top 5 pick.

What happened to colleges? Hearing them talk about how 3 years of college prepped those guys for the NBA in particular - nobody says that about NCAA ball anymore.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The "travelling cocain circus" was pretty funny. No way to know for sure but I'd be surprised if he didn't dabble a bit in that stuff.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              The "travelling cocain circus" was pretty funny. No way to know for sure but I'd be surprised if he didn't dabble a bit in that stuff.
              My wife and I went off on a tangent during that part...we both agreed that we believed Michael, he was not that type of guy. When you're that hyper focused, you don't get side tracked into recreational drugs like so many others did. Lebron is the same way, his drug is his career. Same with guys like Gretzky, Crosby, McDavid over in hockey, just seem to be wired different.

Comment

My wife and I went off on a tangent during that part...we both agreed that we believed Michael, he was not that type of guy. When you're that hyper focused, you don't get side tracked into recreational drugs like so many others did. Lebron is the same way, his drug is his career. Same with guys like Gretzky, Crosby, McDavid over in hockey, just seem to be wired different.
                lebrons drug of choice is some derivative of HGH and a side agreement with the NBA plus an eventual addiction to Rogaine for hair loss lol

Comment

• I was in a grocery store the other day and watched a women lift up and put back several bunches of bananas, sift through bulk green beans over and over and absolutely paw over a bunch of beef roasts....it was all I could do to not remind her this maybe isn't the best times to be over handling the produce.....

We made homemade butter tarts today and all the bulk raisins, pecans etc are pre-packaged so that's good.

Now the next thing they're looking for is a spike in beef prices...great. And Trudeau says we will limit exports in favour of keeping Canadian beef in Canada and they'll be "keeping a close eye on prices". Sounds so much better when we do it lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    I was in a grocery store the other day and watched a women lift up and put back several bunches of bananas, sift through bulk green beans over and over and absolutely paw over a bunch of beef roasts....it was all I could do to not remind her this maybe isn't the best times to be over handling the produce.....

We made homemade butter tarts today and all the bulk raisins, pecans etc are pre-packaged so that's good.

Now the next thing they're looking for is a spike in beef prices...great. And Trudeau says we will limit exports in favour of keeping Canadian beef in Canada and they'll be "keeping a close eye on prices". Sounds so much better when we do it lol
                    I don't think its as contagious as people say.. or the fact that most people have been self isolating for more than 2 weeks (more like 4 weeks) means it's probably died down. At least in Canada. So that lady who touched everything is probably fine. Beside we should always be washing our produce very well before consuming it. I've been using a non-toxic spray you can get for washing your produce for the past 4-5 years. COVID is creating way too many germaphobes.

Comment

• I had to get a parcel from Canada Post a week ago or so ago and it was like entering fort knox. Had to talk to the postal worker through a door. She'd come slide a page for me to sign under the door. She unlocked the door and asked me to wait until she was in the back room, and then asked me to knock twice before I left.

Earlier this week had to pick another item, and I was able to walk up to the cashier and sign my name on their little digital tablet they had. I got the package and left. Same postal worker. She had a shield in front of her, but it wasn't as nuts.

Of course there are still some stores doing curb side pickup only. Had to get something for my pet from a local pet store yesterday, and had to call them from outside their door. They'd get the items I need and I'd tap my debit card on their machine (which was sitting on a table just inside the door way) and then walk away with my item. Had to do the same from my local Home Hardware as I needed something for my house.

I don't know what the "new normal" will be like a year from now. Will we be seeing shields in front of cashier's forever? Will we always have to do curb side pickup? Will we have to stand outside in a line 6 feet apart to get into a grocery store? At what point do things get relaxed a bit. Or will it ever? Strange times.

Comment

I don't know what the "new normal" will be like a year from now. Will we be seeing shields in front of cashier's forever? Will we always have to do curb side pickup? Will we have to stand outside in a line 6 feet apart to get into a grocery store? At what point do things get relaxed a bit. Or will it ever? Strange times.
                        1/ Perhaps, but maybe a slightly less restrictive one
                        2/ No, they can get you to impulse buy that way
                        3/ No, can't maximize sales that way. No grocery store lineups at any of my local stores again this week during weekday, mid day. Don't know about Saturdays.
                        4/ Things get progressively more relaxed over the next 2-6 weeks

Comment

I had to get a parcel from Canada Post a week ago or so ago and it was like entering fort knox. Had to talk to the postal worker through a door. She'd come slide a page for me to sign under the door. She unlocked the door and asked me to wait until she was in the back room, and then asked me to knock twice before I left.

Earlier this week had to pick another item, and I was able to walk up to the cashier and sign my name on their little digital tablet they had. I got the package and left. Same postal worker. She had a shield in front of her, but it wasn't as nuts.

Of course there are still some stores doing curb side pickup only. Had to get something for my pet from a local pet store yesterday, and had to call them from outside their door. They'd get the items I need and I'd tap my debit card on their machine (which was sitting on a table just inside the door way) and then walk away with my item. Had to do the same from my local Home Hardware as I needed something for my house.

A lot of these things will be here until they bring out a vaccine. So, quite a while. It will feel like the new normal indeed. I've been one of the biggest nay sayers here I'm sure you guys have seen, but even I find myself becoming sub consciously conscious of everything, ie, when I'm too close to someone, handshakes, hand washing,...speaking moistly....you name it. It's been indoctrinated in us heavy for the last 6 weeks, it's really quite amazing.

Comment

• When you really understand what intubation involves, the pain, the intrusion, the inability to speak, the feeling of claustrophobia, drowning, inability to sleep .... you don't want it.

Comment

• I'm so starved for sports I find myself watching nfl draft for the first time ever.

Comment

I'm so starved for sports I find myself watching nfl draft for the first time ever.
                                I watched a cartoon robot movie .....

Comment

Working...
                                X