Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I watched a cartoon robot movie .....
    At least it wasn't one of the recent Michael Bay Transformers movies!

Comment

• OK it's official I miss sports. There should be big number of huge game 5-7 NBA and NHL games tonight and tomorrow to look forward to while bbq'ing and enjoying some brewskis...instead we head into our 7th weekend of "lockdown"
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Not sure how many of you subscribe to The Athletic. They have a free 90 day subscription. Piles of great articles, Raptors and otherwise, new and archived.

Blake Murphy put out a 30 question Raptor fan survey today. I enjoyed. Mostly about the state of the franchise and the direction it’s headed.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          OK it's official I miss sports. There should be big number of huge game 5-7 NBA and NHL games tonight and tomorrow to look forward to while bbq'ing and enjoying some brewskis...instead we head into our 7th weekend of "lockdown"
          BBQ and brewski plans still intact here.
          Just need to replace the sports obsession.

Did you see the record Netflix subscriber stats they reported?

Comment

• Jimmy Butler showing off that alpha mentality...

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              Jimmy Butler showing off that alpha mentality...

With his knees out under the canoe thwart, Jimmy be trying to drown himself ....

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                Not sure how many of you subscribe to The Athletic. They have a free 90 day subscription. Piles of great articles, Raptors and otherwise, new and archived.

Blake Murphy put out a 30 question Raptor fan survey today. I enjoyed. Mostly about the state of the franchise and the direction it’s headed.
                I took advantage of their half-price special last year and also gifted my daughter. Consistently great writing from Blake Murphy and Eric Koreen. An easy way to stay in touch with other teams and/or sports, which I am mostly not interested in doing, but it's there for the hungry fan. I would certainly encourage anyone to give it a shot, especially at the current 90 day price.

Comment

• Today looks like a great day for doing anything outside. Maybe mess around in the garden.

I hear some European countries are okaying social gatherings of from 3 - 10 people, depending on the country. They could probably start doing that in Canada, but different rules for different regions, depending on the situation. Some small town or village of a couple hundred off the beaten track is a world of difference from TO, Montreal or Vancouver.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Today looks like a great day for doing anything outside. Maybe mess around in the garden.

I hear some European countries are okaying social gatherings of from 3 - 10 people, depending on the country. They could probably start doing that in Canada, but different rules for different regions, depending on the situation. Some small town or village of a couple hundred off the beaten track is a world of difference from TO, Montreal or Vancouver.
                    I'm getting some patio furniture out for the gazebo (deck already done except for patio heaters) and probably going to have a bonfire this afternoon. Take the dogs for a few good walks. Nothing new under the sun.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Today looks like a great day for doing anything outside. Maybe mess around in the garden.

They are doing that. New brunswick, sask, manitoba, pei are lifting the first phase restrictions the first week of may
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• OT, yet the top 10 stories on every Cdn website is COVID :

Kim Jong Un is rumored to be dead, according to a Hong Kong broadcast network, while a Japanese magazine is reporting that North Korea’s rocket man is in a “vegetative state” after he underwent heart surgery earlier this month.

A vice director of HKSTV Hong Kong Satellite Television, a Beijing-backed broadcast network in Hong Kong, claimed that Kim was dead, citing a “very solid source.” Her post on the Chinese messaging app Weibo has been shared widely on social media, according to a report in the International Business Times.

Other unconfirmed reports, attributed to senior party sources in Beijing, said an operation to insert a stent went wrong because the surgeon’s hands were shaking so badly.

Comment

• Watching game 6 of the Dallas (with Dirk and Stackhouse, Terry etc) vs Miami (with Shaq and Wade, Mourning)
                          Man, if Shaw was not such a load, he'd be a terrible baskeball player lol. No handles, no inside game except backing his man in physically, nothing but dunkability and can't shoot a foul shot to save his life.

I watched him from skinny-Shaq and later as fat-Shaq. From carrying teams to feuding with Kobe to needing a colluding super team to win. Obviously a great player but over rated and far from complete

Comment

• Decent weather has finally arrived, beautiful today although it looks like a decent chance of rain on some days. Finally can get out on some nice hikes .... oh wait, that's all I've been doing

Comment

• Last Dance and chill.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Watched Episode 4 of the Last Dance last night. The Doug Collins/Phil Jackson situation feels A LOT like Dwane Casey and Nick Nurse. Dwane Casey was big on isolation basketball, give the ball to DeMar and get out of the way. Doug Collins offense was give the ball to Michael and get out of the way. Phil Jackson is more into team basketball/triangle offense. Nick Nurse offense is about moving the ball with motion to get his players a wide open shot.

Before getting fired, Doug Collins was the Bulls most successful head coach. Bulls fired him the year after he led the Bulls to an Eastern Conference Finals appearance. Raptors fired Casey after the Raptors 59 win season.

Phil Jackson coached in Puerto Rico for a couple of years, coached a minor league team in the States, became Doug Collins assistant coach in Chicago then eventually became the Bulls head coach.

Nick Nurse coached in England for years, then he coached Houston's D-League team for a couple of years, then he became Casey's assistant in Toronto. Now he's the Raptors head coach.

Holy shit.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X