Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

If you are planning to replace yours, don't get a Maytag/Whirlpool!

Got one late last year and the machine broke 2 weeks in. Some chip malfunction. Took another 8 weeks of calling their support and talking to at least 10 different people to get a new machine to replace it.

The replacement looks like it might die on us too.. it's making weird sounds. If it fails, we're just going to scrap it and get something else. Would rather eat the cost then having to go through their support again.
    Thanks for the tip.

Yeah our machine was making weird sounds too before it completely broke. But before replacing it i'm gonna try and fix it first.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah our machine was making weird sounds too before it completely broke. But before replacing it i'm gonna try and fix it first.
      Tip: you can't fix it. It will fix you first.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Sounds like a satisfying day Puffer. I always thought you shouldn't burn in indoor fireplace or woodstove but evidently that's in some dispute.

I didn't get the raking done at the cottage last Fall as it was raining two weekends in a row and then the snow came early. Planning on going up, Mother's Day weekend and get 'er opened up hopefully before the bugs make their Spring appearance. Always great to get some physical work in and start the season.
        If biomass is an acceptable source of electricity, then burning wood in a modern double combustion insert or freestanding woodstove is a reasonable replacement for a propane, natural gas, oil or coal furnace.

You're right about physical activity, but I sure went to bed early last night.

Comment

• I've been catching up on Open Gym and realized I'd already forgotten how fun, and how good, this team was this year. Miss those guys.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

If biomass is an acceptable source of electricity, then burning wood in a modern double combustion insert or freestanding woodstove is a reasonable replacement for a propane, natural gas, oil or coal furnace.

You're right about physical activity, but I sure went to bed early last night.
            Sorry, the word "pine" was deleted was deleted from my post. I always thought burning pine wasn't good woodstoves (only hardwood is generally/always included in a wood order for instance but that's in some dispute. There's a ton of ash around these days because of the Emerald Ash Borer but that shouldn't be transported between areas.

I have modern woodstoves at both my home and cottage, cut my own wood up North and probably have 2 seasoned bush cords sitting there now so I'm definitely not against them.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              I've been catching up on Open Gym and realized I'd already forgotten how fun, and how good, this team was this year. Miss those guys.
              The Toronto Raptors not getting a chance to defend their title with their fans is one of the saddest stories of the NBA, no homer
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The Toronto Raptors not getting a chance to defend their title with their fans is one of the saddest stories of the NBA, no homer
                I think the success (reach finals/chip?) or lack thereof (bounced in the 2nd round, swept/poor showing in the ECF) would have gone a long way to determine Masai's moves in the off season too. That's a real sames as well.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think the success (reach finals/chip?) or lack thereof (bounced in the 2nd round, swept/poor showing in the ECF) would have gone a long way to determine Masai's moves in the off season too. That's a real sames as well.
                  They might still play, in some convoluted version of an empty gym playoff. I know the NHL is hell bent on starting in June and playing into September. We shall see. But it certainly won't be the same.

Comment

• I don't know how you can play a playoff game with no fans. It'll be weird. Part of what made the playoffs special is how loud crowds get. Superstars play off those crowds. Fake stars get rattled by them.

Feels like the 99 lockout year with the Knicks getting to the finals in a shortened year where most players were out of shape and had to play 3 in 5's for a majority of the year just to get enough games played. The team in the best shape will win, but it will be ugly ball.

I think I'd prefer a canceled season. I know its not what people want since we played so many games, but the playoffs wouldn't feel like the playoffs. And the winning team would have a giant asterix next to their name. Just cancel the season, and see what happens by Sept/Oct.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I don't know how you can play a playoff game with no fans. It'll be weird. Part of what made the playoffs special is how loud crowds get. Superstars play off those crowds. Fake stars get rattled by them.

Feels like the 99 lockout year with the Knicks getting to the finals in a shortened year where most players were out of shape and had to play 3 in 5's for a majority of the year just to get enough games played. The team in the best shape will win, but it will be ugly ball.

I think I'd prefer a canceled season. I know its not what people want since we played so many games, but the playoffs wouldn't feel like the playoffs. And the winning team would have a giant asterix next to their name. Just cancel the season, and see what happens by Sept/Oct.
                      Agreed, strongly. In fact, I think its so different from what the real game is, that it would forever leave a black mark on the integrity.

But the people who stand to make/lose TV money (players, owners, staff) may have a different opinion.

Comment

• Newest game of zones episode came out.. longer than usual.

Pretty funny.

Comment

• I still want to see it. The fans will change the atmosphere and its going to be different but there are just so many teams that would be punting a chance with the makeup of teams they have right now.
                          L.A- Lebron only has so many years. I hate the guy but i would be a killer for him to lose a chance at a ring with his career reaching the twilight.
                          Clips- They only have a 2 year window guaranteed with Kawhi and P.G, This year goes away and they sold the farm for only 1 shot at a ring.
                          Houston-The big bad wolf is gone maybe they get it done now that their boogie man is gone.
                          Bucks-They have 2 years to show Giannis they can compete for a title, no playoffs doubt he signs a extenstion and it all depend on next season.
                          Of course us- We deserve to defend and i don't think both Marc and Serge are going to find their way back. Marcs body looks like its breaking down and i dont know if Masai going to give him more then a 1 year deal with how much time he missed this year.

And finally all the young teams who would benifit greatly from playoff series fans or not. Dallas, OKC, Memphis, Denver, Utah all those teams future relies on the young stars getting playoff experience.

It's not going to be the same for fans or players but the landscape of the NBA going forward will be forever changed if these playoffs dont happen.
                          Then again its probably like a 60% chance they start back up and a player test positive and its all over for good. I say you try it see what happens, at least the NBA can say it tried to buck fans when Giannis and Kawhi come to T.O in 2021
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Lebron on record today saying "As soon as it's safe we would like to finish our season. I'm ready and my team is ready. Nobody should be cancelling anything."

Comment

• This is what basketball without fans would look like.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                                This is what basketball without fans would look like.

Looks like basketball to me.
                                And now we know for sure that the Taiwan Beers are the best team in the Super Basketball League
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X