Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Looks like basketball to me.
    And now we know for sure that the Taiwan Beers are the best team in the Super Basketball League
    With the greatest name in the wide world of sports
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
      This is what basketball without fans would look like.

Is it strictly mandated that the NBA would have to play that song throughout the entirety of every remaining game though?

Cause if so... I say cancel.

If not.. I'm game.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Sorry, the word "pine" was deleted was deleted from my post. I always thought burning pine wasn't good woodstoves (only hardwood is generally/always included in a wood order for instance but that's in some dispute. There's a ton of ash around these days because of the Emerald Ash Borer but that shouldn't be transported between areas.

I have modern woodstoves at both my home and cottage, cut my own wood up North and probably have 2 seasoned bush cords sitting there now so I'm definitely not against them.
        Yeah, I burn hardwood, but it was pine trees I had to cut down, so...Of course in northern Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba etc. not to mention the Yukon, not a lot of maple, ash or other hardwood available. The key is how hot the fire is. I clean the chimney every couple of years and with these new inserts, hardly any creosote comes out. My house is really well insulated so we can pretty much stop burning at 6:00 pm in the winter and it's still 66 F when we get up. We get through the winter with about $300 worth of propane for the furnace and a couple of cords of wood.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Agreed, strongly. In fact, I think its so different from what the real game is, that it would forever leave a black mark on the integrity.

But the people who stand to make/lose TV money (players, owners, staff) may have a different opinion.
          make it like the NFL draft and have the 12 remaining posters of the republic on a zoom chat in their living rooms up on a big screen for the "home" games.

Comment

• Today I went grocery shopping again (I think I have a hoarding problem for sure) and also have enough dog food and beer for a month so I'm feeling pretty good about life lol

They had Rhyme and Reason at my local Fortinos (my favourite beer they had stopped making but evidently did another last run )
            No lineup to get in but a half hour lineup to get OUT

Comment

Today I went grocery shopping again (I think I have a hoarding problem for sure) and also have enough dog food and beer for a month so I'm feeling pretty good about life lol...
              Everybody has turned into a "prepper."

I read a book years ago that adised an investment program for the average working family, called the "Alpha Strategy." It's available free now because the author put it into the public domain after he was diagnosed with cancer. Basically, track the cycle of sales so you can more or less predict when prices will be at their yearly, or half yearly or bimonthly low (almost all products become loss leaders at some point) and then buy enough to get you to the next low point. That way you are always using products you bought at a significant discount. I am not religious about this, but usually have
              3 - 4 months of any easily storable consumable available. Usually 1 1/2 - 2 months of meat in the freezer. Just have to venture out for milk, produce and a limited amount of short storage items. Keeps my expenses much lower as well.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Everybody has turned into a "prepper."

I read a book years ago that adised an investment program for the average working family, called the "Alpha Strategy." It's available free now because the author put it into the public domain after he was diagnosed with cancer. Basically, track the cycle of sales so you can more or less predict when prices will be at their yearly, or half yearly or bimonthly low (almost all products become loss leaders at some point) and then buy enough to get you to the next low point. That way you are always using products you bought at a significant discount. I am not religious about this, but usually have
                3 - 4 months of any easily storable consumable available. Usually 1 1/2 - 2 months of meat in the freezer. Just have to venture out for milk, produce and a limited amount of short storage items. Keeps my expenses much lower as well.
                Sounds a lot like what I do. I virtually never run out of things which would require me to shop that day. They had skinless/boneless chicken on sale this week for $2/lb and I bought 5 bags that I could barely fit into my basement freezer. I have tons of steaks, roast beef and boneless pork loins, e chickens, chicken breasts, strips, 10 lbs of wings, thighs, hamburger, frozen hamburgers and hot dogs, a ham, OJ, butter, smoked salmon, fish, shrimp, appetizers, some bread, english muffins and crumpets and a couple frozen pies. And of course ice cream!

And I have multiple peanut butter (3), tuna (8), soup (dry and canned 10), pasta sauce (12), tea, coffee, sauces, cooking oils, condiments and things like dishwashing liquid and laundry detergent. Tons of beer and wine, lots of alcohol that I don't drink much of.

I seldom have one of anything open without at least one in reserve and I usually stock up when I have that one in reserve. Like I said, I have a bit of a food hoarding problem lol but we entertain a lot

Lots of stories on the news this morning telling us to expect food cost hikes coming.

Looking forward to the great weather this weekend when it's a lot easier to get by without sports ....

Comment

• My prediction: pro sports games that matter are less than 6 weeks away.

Comment

My prediction: pro sports games that matter are less than 6 weeks away.
                    FWIW, I've been told by someone who works with the Flames that the NHL teams are gearing up both to return this summer and for a significantly delayed start to the next season.

Comment

My prediction: pro sports games that matter are less than 6 weeks away.
                      Sans fans?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

FWIW, I've been told by someone who works with the Flames that the NHL teams are gearing up both to return this summer and for a significantly delayed start to the next season.
                        Get ready for bad Summer ice to be blamed on a few playoff losses. I'm not sure i even want to watch NHL games in July

Comment

Sans fans?
                          Yes. No fans for months, maybe even more than a year.

Comment

Yes. No fans for months, maybe even more than a year.
                            First part I fully agree with, the second not even remotely.
                            What does lebron say

Comment

• If I'm Bettman or Silver I would do everything I can to delay the start of next season. If you stall the start of 2020-21 season, it gives you a better shot at fans in arenas next season.

So I dunno, restart the season in July. Playoffs in August to October. Start the 20/21 season in late December.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Get ready for bad Summer ice to be blamed on a few playoff losses. I'm not sure i even want to watch NHL games in July
                                I sure don't. I'm done with hockey by the time the Cup finals usually roll around, let alone in July. A couple Canadian teams I would watch if they're there in June but that's it.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X