Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the mall today to get a haircut, there was a lineup so ended up not getting one(by lineup I mean 3-4 people). All the retail stores in our mall here are now open, last month it was complete ghost town and I mean complete ghost town. There weren't that many people today though but it was early in the morning so I don't know what it looks like now but most of the people that I saw had a mask on.

I got curious so I decided to look around to see what's up. I went to EB Games(random)....basically they're letting 2 people at a time, you have to sanitize your hands first before you enter the store and obviously you have to stay 2 meters away from each other. That's it. I felt safe. But again that was early in the morning so there weren't that many people.

Saying that, I still don't feel comfortable using the transit, good thing I work from home now.
    Last edited by The Great One; Sat May 23, 2020, 07:21 PM.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Walked the dogs and trimmed a few low hanging branches around the property today.

2 friends dropped in unexpectedly, Had a Detour beer while social distancing on the deck (she's a nurse, no chances)

I was at Home Hardware today (they were sold out of the weed n feed that was in their flyer) lineup of maybe 10 people.
      Went to Canadian Tire, same kind of lineup, same sold out of the weed n feed, out of natural coloured mulch too but I grabbed two tomato plants, a clematis and a directional sprinkler for my new grass see.

Normally wouldn't go on the weekend but was right by it so off to the LCBO, bigger lineup, and dropped $140 on essential wine, a few beers and some ciders. Pulling out, I thought I might as well try Walmart for the weed n feed, walked straight into the garden centre and they had it and price matched.

I'd say overall 1/3 to 1/2 the people are wearing masks. I have a few N95 but only wear it in the grocery stores, no real reason.

Killed a bunch of dandelions. Walked the dogs, BBQ steak fajitas for dinner, couple glasses of red wine, walked the dogs again, small bonfire tonight.

I'm beat ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Walked the dogs and trimmed a few low hanging branches around the property today.

2 friends dropped in unexpectedly, Had a Detour beer while social distancing on the deck (she's a nurse, no chances)

I was at Home Hardware today (they were sold out of the weed n feed that was in their flyer) lineup of maybe 10 people.
        Went to Canadian Tire, same kind of lineup, same sold out of the weed n feed, out of natural coloured mulch too but I grabbed two tomato plants, a clematis and a directional sprinkler for my new grass see.

Normally wouldn't go on the weekend but was right by it so off to the LCBO, bigger lineup, and dropped $140 on essential wine, a few beers and some ciders. Pulling out, I thought I might as well try Walmart for the weed n feed, walked straight into the garden centre and they had it and price matched.

I'd say overall 1/3 to 1/2 the people are wearing masks. I have a few N95 but only wear it in the grocery stores, no real reason.

Killed a bunch of dandelions. Walked the dogs, BBQ steak fajitas for dinner, couple glasses of red wine, walked the dogs again, small bonfire tonight.

I'm beat ....
        Emotional exhaustion from all of the incredible highs and lows of your day. I feel for ya.

Comment

• I feel like I'm grocery shopping twice as often and spending 4X as much. Grocery store, gas and LCBO = $400
          Just essentials

Shoot, I just thought about gas prices, the robbers have it already back @ .95 we had .65-.70 for what, a week?

Comment

• Watching Stone Cold Steve Austin #BrokenSkullSessions interviewing The Undertaker. This is what it's come to ....

Comment

• Have to admit, this slow down has allowed us to get some stuff done. Cutting down the trees and chipping the limbs has opened up the bushy portion of the lot. Able to spread the wood chips along pathways into the bush that helps keep mud off of the dogs feet from playing fetch with them. And sharing the mulch with my wife's daughter has helped clean up her front yard. Clearing all the small branches and twigs that naturally drop in a largely coniferous bunch of trees (as well as cutting off the eye-poking dead lower limbs) and burning them in the new fire pit is starting to make the back acre look more and more like a park. The dogs love tearing around out there now.

Reseeding a big chunk of the lawn, getting the raised beds planted, and starting to finalize the plans for a greenhouse (have to wait for the mosquitos to die back a bit) are all pretty satisfying. Now I am looking for about 50 - 60 feet of TV tower so I can get wireless internet and give up on this crap Xplornet satellite service. Always something to do.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Watching Stone Cold Steve Austin #BrokenSkullSessions interviewing The Undertaker. This is what it's come to ....
                The stone cold interview with Bret hart was amazing. They walk through old matches, very candid. Highly recommend for the 90s wrestling fan
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The stone cold interview with Bret hart was amazing. They walk through old matches, very candid. Highly recommend for the 90s wrestling fan
                  I still can't believe Undertaker had a "real" name .... wth man!

Comment

• Built a gaming PC, helped the rents with renovations, and just bought a new in ground hoop. I'm hyped to put in some off season work, catch me on the 905 next season LOL

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Built a gaming PC, helped the rents with renovations, and just bought a new in ground hoop. I'm hyped to put in some off season work, catch me on the 905 next season LOL
                      It killed me to not be able to play or even practice when this thing started. And then when they said all parks, school grounds etc. were closed and i couldn't even get some shots up at the local public school WTF?. I've got a portable hoop by my driveway, but the asphalt is sloped, and every missed shot ends up in the bush

I do have one of those ball return gizmos that hang under the basket. A BIG incentive to focus on accuracy. But the cold weather, and now the black flies and mosquitos have kind of put the kibosh on any outdoor activity for a while. I guess I should man up and just Deet myself silly.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Built a gaming PC..
                        Where did you buy your parts? I haven't built a desktop in years. Is it actually worth it?

Comment

• Bugs have been oddly light/absent around here (west of the GTA) this Spring. We usually have a week or two of black flies and then mosquitoes. Could be we haven't had that much rain this Spring (raining now tho) or maybe a late frost did a few of them in ....

Can't speak for cottage country as when I opened up in early May, it was pre-bug season. But water levels were a little low.

This is a great time of year; lawns and gardens are in full form but the best weather is all still ahead of us. I'm looking to buy a couple of stand up paddle boards and break out of this COVID funk.Another way to isolate and get some exercise/stealth fishing in.

Comment

• Mowed my lawn for the first time today.
                            My grass seed over-seeding came up great so far, thanks for asking
                            Great weather, I deserve a cold beer....

Comment

• I watched the news and am glad I don't live in USA

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                                I watched the news and am glad I don't live in USA
                                Truth ....

Comment

Working...
                                X