Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another burner tomorrow 39 with the humidity and then cold for the weekend. wth is going on with this weather?

Comment

• Been a gorgeous weekend so far. Yesterday went for an hour long drive with the windows down and the music blaring.. got a bite to eat at a favourite place of ours (take out of course). Ate in the car.. then drove back home. Spent the afternoon/night outside with a couple of joints and a good conversation. Mosquitoes were at bay too.

Today spent some time cleaning up our garden area, then swam (more like floated) soaking in the sun light. Going to grab some lunch now.. trying to figure out what we want to do. Might just go somewhere local.

Definitely going to have the Monday blues however.

Comment

• Got the lawn mowed, lookin' good. Got some fat streaks waiting for the Q. Parsley, cilantro, feta, cherry tomatoes, lettuce cucumber gonna end up in a salad.
        Also grabbed a few Hoptical Illusion from Sobeys.
        Nice Sunday....

Comment

• Was in the office again yesterday, seems like about once every 3 weeks.
          4 of us spread around the boardroom with a dozen on Zoom spread around the country.
          Still very few people in the building but traffic is probably back at 1/2 to 3/4 normal levels, no lineups at the grocery stores etc these days.

Feels fairly normal again. Still thinking cases are going to spike in July again but not back to former levels hopefully. We're thinking of bringing everyone back slowly over July but I wonder if workplaces are going to frown on Summer holidays when everyone just came back from "3 months off".

Comment

• Canada Day was pretty good all things considered. Weather was awesome, a bit hot but not gonna complain.
            We watched some live music in front of a neighbourhood house that the folks there have been doing every Sunday for months.

Maybe 30-40 people bring their own chairs and adult beverages and relax socially distanced.

Took the dogs for a good hike had family in for steaks on the BBQ. Felt like a nice Sunday.

My vote is still for all Summer holidays to move to the first MONDAY

Comment

• Spent a few days at the cottage getting out of this heat. The water was already pretty good two weeks ago but feels mid-late July warm already. No humidity up there, back in this crap for a few days .... dogs would sooner be swimming too.

Comment

• I vote for mods to rename this thread "The great monologue essays of G_Deane, 2020"

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                  I vote for mods to rename this thread "The great monologue essays of G_Deane, 2020"

I know more about g deanes day to day whereabouts than I do my girlfriend.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It's how I keep my sanity .... or insanity I'm not sure which .... and it's not my fault you either live boring lives or have trouble sharing

btw, today I didn't do much except work .... wait, I bought a new freezer!

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      It's how I keep my sanity .... or insanity I'm not sure which .... and it's not my fault you either live boring lives or have trouble sharing

btw, today I didn't do much except work .... wait, I bought a new freezer!
                      Ha Ha, caught you. Buying major appliances isn't work, it's FUN.

I will be spending 7 hours outside as a volunteer at our local Farmer & Artisan Market. Not a lot to do except remind people to follow the one way signs as they are strolling through the market, top up the hand sanitizer, and hand out copies of the local volunteer run community newspaper. I'll also take some pics for the market Facebook page and try and gauge (by straight out asking) how many of the visitors are community members, how many are folks spending time at their cottages in the area and how many are local but from out of town.

People are really enjoying the market and are all cooperative with the social distancing stuff. An amazing number wear masks. The local municipality has been very helpful in terms of making the tent placement lines in the parking lot we use every Friday, dropping off the traffic cones we use to establish pedestrian pathways etc.

I guess, most importantly, this year we have a mini donut vendor. So I manage to get lunch every time I'm there.

Good times.

Comment

• You're lucky, most of the farmer's markets I know have cancelled for the Summer

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          You're lucky, most of the farmer's markets I know have cancelled for the Summer
                          Yeah, we're in a low incident area. Just east of Peterborough.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Where did you buy your parts? I haven't built a desktop in years. Is it actually worth it?
                            Super late on this one but go on PCpartbuilder

Comment

Working...
                            X