Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    Canada Day was pretty good all things considered. Weather was awesome, a bit hot but not gonna complain.
    We watched some live music in front of a neighbourhood house that the folks there have been doing every Sunday for months.

Maybe 30-40 people bring their own chairs and adult beverages and relax socially distanced.

Took the dogs for a good hike had family in for steaks on the BBQ. Felt like a nice Sunday.

My vote is still for all Summer holidays to move to the first MONDAY

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Was in the office again yesterday, seems like about once every 3 weeks.
    4 of us spread around the boardroom with a dozen on Zoom spread around the country.
    Still very few people in the building but traffic is probably back at 1/2 to 3/4 normal levels, no lineups at the grocery stores etc these days.

Feels fairly normal again. Still thinking cases are going to spike in July again but not back to former levels hopefully. We're thinking of bringing everyone back slowly over July but I wonder if workplaces are going to frown on Summer holidays when everyone just came back from "3 months off".

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Got the lawn mowed, lookin' good. Got some fat streaks waiting for the Q. Parsley, cilantro, feta, cherry tomatoes, lettuce cucumber gonna end up in a salad.
    Also grabbed a few Hoptical Illusion from Sobeys.
    Nice Sunday....

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Been a gorgeous weekend so far. Yesterday went for an hour long drive with the windows down and the music blaring.. got a bite to eat at a favourite place of ours (take out of course). Ate in the car.. then drove back home. Spent the afternoon/night outside with a couple of joints and a good conversation. Mosquitoes were at bay too.

Today spent some time cleaning up our garden area, then swam (more like floated) soaking in the sun light. Going to grab some lunch now.. trying to figure out what we want to do. Might just go somewhere local.

Definitely going to have the Monday blues however.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Another burner tomorrow 39 with the humidity and then cold for the weekend. wth is going on with this weather?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    RR is dead the last few days .... I guess we need sports

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Or more like this?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

GTA but a bit north. Yeah it's looking cooler than I hoped

Need 48 hours for the chemicals to do their thing.. plus the water is still a bit too cold right now. Maybe I'll check tomorrow. Can always do a cannon ball and jump out.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Might want to use the pool today or tomorrow in the heat (not sure where you're located) because the weekend looks nice but cooler, save the mowing for then
    GTA but a bit north. Yeah it's looking cooler than I hoped

Need 48 hours for the chemicals to do their thing.. plus the water is still a bit too cold right now. Maybe I'll check tomorrow. Can always do a cannon ball and jump out.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Got my pool filled. Started it up and got my chemicals in. Looking really nice this morning. Can't wait until the weekend.

Best time to use the pool is after I finish mowing the lawn. Looking forward to that the most.
    Might want to use the pool today or tomorrow in the heat (not sure where you're located) because the weekend looks nice but cooler, save the mowing for then

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

They've been arguing over money for awhile. I honestly don't get the players stance here...they want something close to their full salaries in something like half the games? Owners want it pro rated...seems common sense to me...smaller pie, smaller pieces..
    i think they agreed to pro rated but the owners then said okay we are going to do a 50 game season. So players would get like 33% of orginal salarys. Players wanted 114 games. i bet they settle now at 82 and take 50%

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    MLB has proposed an 82 game schedule
    They've been arguing over money for awhile. I honestly don't get the players stance here...they want something close to their full salaries in something like half the games? Owners want it pro rated...seems common sense to me...smaller pie, smaller pieces..

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Got my pool filled. Started it up and got my chemicals in. Looking really nice this morning. Can't wait until the weekend.

Best time to use the pool is after I finish mowing the lawn. Looking forward to that the most.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X