planetmars wrote: View Post
    Good enough thread as any:

From the photo shoot, damn I miss these guys:

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

My man you watched Bill Russell?
    Stay inside for a like 3 months, we gotta keep you safe.
    Ha Ha Ha. bert you kill me.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Pat is there. But as usual, you just can't see him.
    They decided to portray him like his offence....invisible

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post

Yeah, how are they gonna leave out a three-time NBA champ while including a guy who didn't play a single minute in the playoffs last year? GTFO
    Pat is there. But as usual, you just can't see him.

Leave a comment:

replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post

Wait a minute where is Pat?
    Yeah, how are they gonna leave out a three-time NBA champ while including a guy who didn't play a single minute in the playoffs last year? GTFO

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied

Wait a minute where is Pat?

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    I remember watching the Celtics when Bill Russell was playing. Just the odd game on "Wide World of Sports." I became a die-hard Raptor fan when they announced there was going to be a team in Toronto. It was tough in the early years. A lot of games weren't televised. I remember moving the radio a few degrees one way or the other, in the southwest corner of the house so I could hear the Fan 590 radio broadcasts. I was working shift those early years, so would take a radio to work and sometimes be able to hear parts of a game during the coffee break. Always anxious to turn on the car radio driving home to hear what happened. I remember the newspaper coverage of the momentous win over the 72 win Bulls. One of MJ's quotes was something like "Before tonight I never even heard of Zan Tabak, and during the game, we're double-teaming him." Probably watched 90% of their games that were available to me over the years. Missed a few west coast ones, missed a few during the Bargs years, but since the PVR era started, over 95%.
    My man you watched Bill Russell?
    Stay inside for a like 3 months, we gotta keep you safe.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I remember watching the Celtics when Bill Russell was playing. Just the odd game on "Wide World of Sports." I became a die-hard Raptor fan when they announced there was going to be a team in Toronto. It was tough in the early years. A lot of games weren't televised. I remember moving the radio a few degrees one way or the other, in the southwest corner of the house so I could hear the Fan 590 radio broadcasts. I was working shift those early years, so would take a radio to work and sometimes be able to hear parts of a game during the coffee break. Always anxious to turn on the car radio driving home to hear what happened. I remember the newspaper coverage of the momentous win over the 72 win Bulls. One of MJ's quotes was something like "Before tonight I never even heard of Zan Tabak, and during the game, we're double-teaming him." Probably watched 90% of their games that were available to me over the years. Missed a few west coast ones, missed a few during the Bargs years, but since the PVR era started, over 95%.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post

I got here after Scott Carefoot shut his blog down, anyone used to hit that site? Was good content & discussion.
    Oh yeah.. he "retired" when we had to go through another Bargnani year and Bryan landed Gay as his big move IIRC. Dark times.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Joined RR in 2010 because I was looking for any Raptor related stuff online. At that time I was reading Eric Smith blogs because I was desperate and he mentioned he was doing an interview with RR.. that's when I first heard about this site and got hooked.
    I got here after Scott Carefoot shut his blog down, anyone used to hit that site? Was good content & discussion.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Casual NBA fans for years, with the Raps from the day they announced they awarded us a team ($125M franchise(?) fee was a deal in retrospect) and they proceeded to job us and Bitove in the draft.
    Me same, Day 1. I also remember when they had the presser with Isaiah Thomas walking through that Raptor logo and then going out and playing ball on my driveway for the next few hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH3vhlZb2lE

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I've been watching basketball since the late 80's when Detroit and LA were going at it. And Michael was amazing. Highlight year for me was the '88 dunk contest between MJ and Nique. Still consider that my favourite mainly for nostalgia reasons.

Anyway.. became a huge Bulls fan. Back in Winnipeg it was so hard to watch a basketball game so when NBC would show a game you would be all over it. I still remember those NBA Inside Stuff shows prior to games on weekends. I would tape those in case I would miss them. When the Raps and Grizz became teams I was stoked but it was so hard to watch a game. We'd have to wait until CBC aired one.. and usually the only game we got were the Naismith Cup games.. which were a joke. I switched allegiances to the Raps completely when MJ retired (for the second time). Before he became a Wizard. Same year Vince was a rookie.. at that point we were getting more Raptors games because of Vince.. and I'd usually follow the team through the Winnipeg Free Press using box scores and articles I could find or TSN highlight reels. I eventually moved to Toronto in 2000 and that's when I just became a full time supporter since I could see every game.

Joined RR in 2010 because I was looking for any Raptor related stuff online. At that time I was reading Eric Smith blogs because I was desperate and he mentioned he was doing an interview with RR.. that's when I first heard about this site and got hooked.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Shredder wrote: View Post
    It was the first year. I was a young boy playing rep ball, obsessed with Jordan. I was cautiously optimistic, about the Raptors. I knew we were bad, I knew the Leafs had never won a cup while I was alive(still haven't). So I was a reserved Raptors fan. I was admiring the amazing season the bulls were having, and I watched every Jordan game I could. When the Raptors played the bulls (I want to say it was their 72 win season) Damon hit a 3 in Jordan's face and we actually won that game. In a historic Bulls season, we were one of the few losses. At that moment my allegiance to the Raptors became much stronger. I haven't looked back.
    Always felt the Raptors were doing relatively well for an expansion team in those early years, especially when you looked over at the Grizzlies. Then there were the Vince years. I think bottom of the barrel for me was the Bargnani years.

And yeah, the Raptors beat that 72 win Bulls team. I wasn't at that game but I did see them that season at the Sky Dome. Horrible venue for basketball, it was hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    It was the first year. I was a young boy playing rep ball, obsessed with Jordan. I was cautiously optimistic, about the Raptors. I knew we were bad, I knew the Leafs had never won a cup while I was alive(still haven't). So I was a reserved Raptors fan. I was admiring the amazing season the bulls were having, and I watched every Jordan game I could. When the Raptors played the bulls (I want to say it was their 72 win season) Damon hit a 3 in Jordan's face and we actually won that game. In a historic Bulls season, we were one of the few losses. At that moment my allegiance to the Raptors became much stronger. I haven't looked back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X