Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Canadian Cites would you think could support a nba franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maury wrote: View Post

A huge portion of Asian youths here in Vancouver love Basketball and would support it with their dollar. I think Vancouver would absolutely be able to support a team. Whether any players would want to come here is another question entirely, however.
    I don't really get why players wouldn't want to be in Vancouver. I know they don't just don't understand it. Better city, better restaurants, better scenery than half the franchises in the NBA. Some of the more "desirable" places to play have shittier winter weather.....lookin' at you Chicago, NY and Bahston.

Travel for road games sucks from there tho.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

I don't really get why players wouldn't want to be in Vancouver. I know they don't just don't understand it. Better city, better restaurants, better scenery than half the franchises in the NBA. Some of the more "desirable" places to play have shittier winter weather.....lookin' at you Chicago, NY and Bahston.

Travel for road games sucks from there tho.
      It’s a hassle having to check all that jewelry through customs, man. #NBADivaProblems

Portland is basically a US version of Vancouver and I don’t hear players clamoring to go there.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

It’s a hassle having to check all that jewelry through customs, man. #NBADivaProblems

Portland is basically a US version of Vancouver and I don’t hear players clamoring to go there.
        haha I almost forgot about that weak-ass comment from Bosh, what a maroon he ended up being towards Toronto.

Good point on Portland but I think Vancouver is a bit more refined and cosmopolitan. I think Vancouver fans would support a team with Lillard, McCollum, Whiteside, Ariza and Nurkic on it anyway.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

haha I almost forgot about that weak-ass comment from Bosh, what a maroon he ended up being towards Toronto.

Good point on Portland but I think Vancouver is a bit more refined and cosmopolitan. I think Vancouver fans would support a team with Lillard, McCollum, Whiteside, Ariza and Nurkic on it anyway.
          But that’s not good enough for a fringe market like Vancouver.... it has to be unconditional love, regardless of personnel.

Comment

Vancouver could most definitely support a team. About twice the market size as Memphis or Salt Lake City. It's not a good hockey town but lots of ball lovers here.
            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Mar 28, 2020, 09:11 PM.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

No. Vancouver showed their true colors. If you're a Canadian team in a fringe market, you have to pack the arena (like Utah, OKC< etc..), no matter how shitty your team is. No excuses. Attendance was around 13K by the end of the Grizz, which is way too low. Also, no free agent will ever go there because the endorsement potential is about as bad as it gets, because of market size, location, etc...
              Attendance was better than similarly bad teams at that time. And the days of players not wanting to come North (and Vancouver being a podunk town) are behind us.
              Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Mar 28, 2020, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Vancouver is one of the best cities in the world to live in, especially if you're a rich athlete. Travel may suck, but you can't tell me you'd rather play for Cleveland or Detroit after visiting Vancouver.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

3.2 million is the population of the entire state of utah. they play in salt lake city which has a population of 200,000 people, though a metro area 1.2 million people. there are several nba teams with metro area populations of comparable size on the order of 1.2 to 1.6 million (new orleans, OKC, memphis, milwaukee, etc).

from a market size standpoint vancouver and montreal are large enough. i just don't think enough people would give a shit, especially if the team sucked. vancouver loves a winner but is a total band-wagon town.
                  Douhhhh!

Comment

Working...
                  X