Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatch of Raps-Sixers Game 7 (here's a tip, don't leave your seats to beat traffic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I'm spent watching that. Can't believe the Raps still went and took care of the Bucks..and then the Warriors
    It really reinforces what along run and how difficult it is to get to a chip doesn't it?

Comment

Yup. Not sure if many watched the sportsnet youth watch party but they had rotating guests and one was the white mamba (Scalabrine). He emphasized that point a few times

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

It really reinforces what along run and how difficult it is to get to a chip doesn't it?

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
          How crazy is it that the biggest shot in the history of the league --- and certainly in the history of our franchise --- and then the most devastating miss in franchise history -- both came in game 7s at the buzzer against Philly??

Vince going to that graduation .... while I understand where his heart was at ... was pretty childish.

It took the Raps another 18 years to become adults ... and to graduate, they had to take that same road through Philly.

And in the end...

They were Champs.
          And both shots were from a nearly identical location on the court. Kawhi re-creating and then making the Vince shot... Seeing that, it sure felt like the Raptors were gonna win it all. Demons exorcised and all that.

Heck, I remember joking when Kawhi missed the free throws that he was just setting up to make the shot Vince missed. And then he freaking did.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

The narrative was that they beat a team without Durant. But that Warriors team still had Steph, Klay, Green and Iggy(I know Klay missed 1 game). Basically the core of their 73 win team.

The 2016 Warriors team beat a Cavs team without Love and Kyrie. The 2nd best player for the Cavs in that series was Dellavadova.

The 1991 Bulls team beat a Lakers team without James Worthy(injured) and a washed up Magic Johnson.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Did the mods delete the original Game 7 thread? I couldn't find it.

cc Joey
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

cc Joey
                Nope. Possible they got merged with others, but not that I know of.

Comment

cc Joey

Joey wrote: View Post

Nope. Possible they got merged with others, but not that I know of.

Axel Apollo ?? I couldn't find it either

Comment

The narrative was that they beat a team without Durant. But that Warriors team still had Steph, Klay, Green and Iggy(I know Klay missed 1 game). Basically the core of their 73 win team.

The 2016 Warriors team beat a Cavs team without Love and Kyrie. The 2nd best player for the Cavs in that series was Dellavadova.

The 1991 Bulls team beat a Lakers team without James Worthy(injured) and a washed up Magic Johnson.
                    you mean the first-team all-NBA and defending back-to-back league MVP who finished runner-up to MJ that year magic johnson? yeah he sucked!

the tragedy of magic johnson's career is that it was cut short at its peak. he was widely considered the best player in the league right up until MJ won that chip.

you talk out of your ass so much about the 90's era bulls it makes me wonder if you were even alive or just a toddler

Comment

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

Axel Apollo ?? I couldn't find it either
                      I found them awhile ago. I think every sixeres game thread got merged into the "everything round 2" thread.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

you mean the first-team all-NBA and defending back-to-back league MVP who finished runner-up to MJ that year magic johnson? yeah he sucked!

the tragedy of magic johnson's career is that it was cut short at its peak. he was widely considered the best player in the league right up until MJ won that chip.

you talk out of your ass so much about the 90's era bulls it makes me wonder if you were even alive or just a toddler
                        Widely considered? by who? delusional Laker fans like yourself? lmfao. Hey, Giannis won the MVP last year and he's gonna win it again this year!! he must be the best player in the league!

Jordan was the best player in the league since his THIRD year in the league(86-87 season). Not sure Magic was even a top 3 player the year the Bulls won their first chip(1990-1991). Jordan, Robinson, Malone and Barkley were all better. And everyone know who follow basketball know that Charles Barkley got robbed of MVP in 1990 when Magic got the award. Just like everyone know that Shaq got robbed of MVP in 05.

Who's talking out of their ass now? Stfu and know your basketball history.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'd like to say Jordan was ALREADY the best in the league in his 2nd year(85-86), but he only played 18 games that year because of an injury. So i gotta give that to Larry Bird and Bird won the MVP that year. But yes, MJ was already better than Magic that year.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Widely considered? by who? delusional Laker fans like yourself? lmfao. Hey, Giannis won the MVP last year and he's gonna win it again this year!! he must be the best player in the league!

Jordan was the best player in the league since his THIRD year in the league(86-87 season). Not sure Magic was even a top 3 player the year the Bulls won their first chip(1990-1991). Jordan, Robinson, Malone and Barkley were all better. And everyone know who follow basketball know that Charles Barkley got robbed of MVP in 1990 when Magic got the award. Just like everyone know that Shaq got robbed of MVP in 05.

Who's talking out of their ass now? Stfu and know your basketball history.
                            I'd like to say Jordan was ALREADY the best in the league in his 2nd year(85-86), but he only played 18 games that year because of an injury. So i gotta give that to Larry Bird and Bird won the MVP that year. But yes, MJ was already better than Magic that year.
                            lol.

no not considered so by myself heading into that season… i thought MJ was the best because i was actually alive and a massive bulls fan at the time. i taped every championship-clinching game live to VHS and used to watch them all summer pumping myself up for the following season. i still have them along with all my other bulls memorabilia (full boxes of wheaties with MJ on them, starting lineup action figures, full sets of pro-set/skybox/upper deck cards from 89-90 through 93-94, posters, etc) in my parents basement on the other side of the country. i’m the last guy you need to convince MJ was the best.

but like it or not the widespread narrative amongst people that covered and followed the NBA at the time was that MJ was the most individually dominant player in the sport who couldn’t get it done when it counts. kind of like giannis now, to flip your analogy. or maybe more like giannis crossed with harden, since MJ blended the total offensive dominance with two-way prowess. magic at the time was considered something closer to a lebron, having won 5 titles, 3 finals MVP’s, and 3 regular season MVP's heading into that season, including in the two seasons immediately preceding the one in question.

anyhow i just find it amusing that you act like some authority on the era when it’s pretty clear you’re just looking at statistics on basketball-reference and reconstructing the history in your head, without having experienced any of it. it’s the reason why you’ve invoked jerry krause’s name with a positive connotation while claiming to be a bulls fan (no bulls fan would ever do this, ever), or extolled the virtues of the 90’s bulls point guard play (they had none in the traditional sense – they had floor spacers who guarded the opposition’s point guards), or called ron harper a point guard (one of the most prototypical shooting guards of the 80’s and 90’s), etc.

don't ever call me a lakers fan again, FFS.

Comment

Working...
                            X