Everything 2020 Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Even if that rumor was true, why wouldn’t we just go after Simmons rather than Ball?

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    i wouldn't put any stock into that rumour at all. philly would have to be crazy and the timing doesn't make a lot of sense for toronto.

anyhow, i'm not sure where to put this as it's kind of the opposite of belonging in the offseason thread, should be in more of a playoffs thread.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-110m-question

but it seems relevant because the nets have heretofore made every effort to squash the notion of his return this season, but the GM is now leaving that door open. and because we would face them in the first round if the seeds hold.

part of it would make me nervous but i think that is just years of insecurity as a raptors fan. it would be extremely satisfying to beat them with him healthy to put some of last years' skepticism to bed, and i think we would.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Here is the tweet mentioning it:

Is that dude legit? never heard of him before.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

20k followers...a bum retweeting another bum, cc'ing a 3rd bum

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz_q7TeHeas

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    i think the way this season has potentially ended leads me to believe that giannis wont sign the super max... and if he doesn't i think he comes up
    Will be interesting to see how the money/cap/tax stuff plays out. If teams lose tens of millions of dollars will the small market teams be eager to shell out $200 mill contract extensions or pay the tax?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

The Raptors need a superstar. Not another fringe all star. You don't win championships in this league without a superstar.
    I would have liked to see how Butler would have played out here but I agree, it's superstar Giannis or nothing if you want to win it all.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    i think the way this season has potentially ended leads me to believe that giannis wont sign the super max... and if he doesn't i think he comes up

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    would that be a good team though?
    The Raptors need a superstar. Not another fringe all star. You don't win championships in this league without a superstar.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    would that be a good team though?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    what if we strike out on giannis but get in on victor oladipo
    Then he'd be the 4th best player on the team behind Siakam, Lowry and FVV.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    what if we strike out on giannis but get in on victor oladipo

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Isiah Thomas is shook! lmao. He's been on ESPN the whole day the other day defending his Pistons lol.

These old players never rank anyone that played after them lol. So fragile.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Isiah Thomas is shook! lmao. He's been on ESPN the whole day the other day defending his Pistons lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X