X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I can't tell the difference, Can you tell the difference?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Sonny wrote: View Post

I get where you're coming from but Jordan is a rare athlete though. He has a mystique about him. All time great athletes like Kobe and LeBron and Iverson and Federer and Griffey Jr......talk about him like he's a god. I dont think another athlete has that kind of mystique, maybe Babe Ruth?

Jordan is also cut from a different cloth. If you watch his NBA Hall of Fame speech, he still had an enormous chip on his shoulder. He used that stage to take a shot at every people that he feel had wronged him. From his high school basketball coach who cut him decades prior....all the way to Pat Riley to Jerry Krause, LeRoy Smith to Bryon Russell. He was different.

I for one cant wait for this show.
    That’s exactly what I’m talking about. These athletes aren’t Gods... that’s getting too close to idol worship for my liking.

And that had to be the most embarrassing, hateful Hall of Fame speech we have ever seen from an superstar of Jordan’s stature. Different, yes. In the worst possible way. But if you hold him up as a god, then you’ll find a way to justify anything he does as being a good thing that “makes him what he is”. In your eyes, he has no flaws. Going out of his way to publicly shame a guy like Jerry Krause who got you Phil Jackson, Pippen, Rodman, Grant, etc..., was a good thing?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

But you're still going to watch right? be honest.
    I admired and appreciated Jordan but was never a big fanboy for some reason, so no I won’t watch it. I don’t even have cable. I’m all about following the Raptors, since 95. That’s my hero worship guilty addiction.

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Is it just me or is anybody else getting tired of the incessant hero worship of athletes and celebrities? Jordan was great and maybe the greatest .... we get it. But do we have to know, watch, analyze, relive, celebrate & debate every moment of his life?
    I get where you're coming from but Jordan is a rare athlete though. He has a mystique about him. All time great athletes like Kobe and LeBron and Iverson and Federer and Griffey Jr......talk about him like he's a god. I dont think another athlete has that kind of mystique, maybe Babe Ruth?

Jordan is also cut from a different cloth. If you watch his NBA Hall of Fame speech, he still had an enormous chip on his shoulder. He used that stage to take a shot at every people that he feel had wronged him. From his high school basketball coach who cut him decades prior....all the way to Pat Riley to Jerry Krause, LeRoy Smith to Bryon Russell. He was different.

I for one cant wait for this show.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

are other provinces wilding out too? lmao
    Why does he look like hulk hogans next opponent at Summerslam

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

are other provinces wilding out too? lmao

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Is it just me or is anybody else getting tired of the incessant hero worship of athletes and celebrities? Jordan was great and maybe the greatest .... we get it. But do we have to know, watch, analyze, relive, celebrate & debate every moment of his life?
    But you're still going to watch right? be honest.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

100%

I don't care about golf or tennis, two sports where fans aren't allowed to cheer anyways
    Golf is not a sport tho.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    ESPN's 10 Part documentary on Jordan and the 98 Bulls starts this Sunday, it's 2 episodes per week for 5 weeks. Here in Canada, it'll be released each week on Netflix on the next day (Monday)

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Maybe unpopular opinion: I don't want sports back until fans are allowed in. That's not pro sports without fans, especially playoffs, in some butchered format. That's just super talented guys playing pick up on TV.
    100%

I don't care about golf or tennis, two sports where fans aren't allowed to cheer anyways

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

1st night- I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep and noticed i was short of breath was really weird cause i was just laying there and had been relaxing for a few hours before. Tried to readjust my position but it didn't help. Eventually fell asleep.

Woke up with a sharp burning pain in the middle of my chest sort of right in between my pecs. For two days i had a really dry cough that would cause a burning sensation all the way up my chest and esophagus.

After 2 days the chest pain went away but then i had a fever felt exhausted and a little light headed that lasted about a day.

Finally on the 6 or 7th day all the mucous just came up and i was blowing my nose coughing getting all the junk out. (I had no mucous up to this point).
    I still felt weird for a couple days after that but didnt really have any symptons.

All in all it was close to like a 10 day thing and it was weird cause the symptoms didnt really happen at once. I would have one for a few days then it would clear up and the next symptom would come. I remember thinking it was really weird and unlike and cold/flu i had ever gotten before.

I also rarely get sick, maybe get a cold or flu like once every 2/3 years.
    you one tough sob.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

What were your symptoms?
    1st night- I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep and noticed i was short of breath was really weird cause i was just laying there and had been relaxing for a few hours before. Tried to readjust my position but it didn't help. Eventually fell asleep.

Woke up with a sharp burning pain in the middle of my chest sort of right in between my pecs. For two days i had a really dry cough that would cause a burning sensation all the way up my chest and esophagus.

After 2 days the chest pain went away but then i had a fever felt exhausted and a little light headed that lasted about a day.

Finally on the 6 or 7th day all the mucous just came up and i was blowing my nose coughing getting all the junk out. (I had no mucous up to this point).
    I still felt weird for a couple days after that but didnt really have any symptons.

All in all it was close to like a 10 day thing and it was weird cause the symptoms didnt really happen at once. I would have one for a few days then it would clear up and the next symptom would come. I remember thinking it was really weird and unlike and cold/flu i had ever gotten before.

I also rarely get sick, maybe get a cold or flu like once every 2/3 years.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    ESPN's 10 Part documentary on Jordan and the 98 Bulls starts this Sunday, it's 2 episodes per week for 5 weeks. Here in Canada, it'll be released each week on Netflix on the next day (Monday)

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I hope the antibodies test is a real thing soon. Im 60% sure i got it in early Feb before ppl were really talking about it in N.A. Id love to get test and just strut around the empty streets and restaurants like a king.
    What were your symptoms?

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

AND THEN after all that you'll have people like me licking door knobs and running underneath sneezes so I can get the damn disease and move on with my life
    I hope the antibodies test is a real thing soon. Im 60% sure i got it in early Feb before ppl were really talking about it in N.A. Id love to get test and just strut around the empty streets and restaurants like a king.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X