Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Watched it last night, some takeaways:

1. "Whenever they speak Michael Jordan, they should speak Scottie Pippen" Glad MJ said that. Pippen is the most underrated player of all time. Clowns like Shaq and Isiah Thomas and all these former Pistons players likes to take a shot at him like he's some scrub. In 1994, Pippen's one full season without Jordan, he finished third for MVP and the Bulls won two fewer games in the regular season. They would've reached the Finals that year if not for that phantom call against the Knicks.

2. I knew Jordan and Krause loathed each other but I didn't know it was that bad. Geez.

3. The Blazers passing on Michael Jordan for Sam Bowie at #2 overall because they already had Clyde Drexler was a great example why you ALWAYS go BPA. Also, Hakeem Olajuwon was so great that even to this day not a single person can complain he was drafted before Michael Jordan.

4. The Bulls would've won 2 more chips more if they kept the team together but Krause massive ego got in the way. It's also absurd to me that Reinsdorf allowed Krause to do whatever.
    Ok I'd give you 1999. I think they would've beaten the Spurs too. But the 2000 Lakers? no chance lol.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      The whole hakeem/mj thing is interesting in that when Jordan went to play baseball between 3 peats, the rockets won their back to back titles. A lot of people use the narrative Houston was lucky that Jordan stepped away, but I'm not so sure they dont win at least one those titles even if he played. Would have been interesting to see though, I think the 94 and 95 rockets would have been a bigger challenger than any they faced
      They lost Grant in 94, and didn't get Rodman until 96. I think they would have probably struggled before they even got to the Finals. Kukoc was a good shooter, but they needed a good paint defender.. especially against guys like Shaq and Hakeem. I mean look at the centers they faced in the finals in each win:

LA - Vlade Divac
      Portland - Kevin Duckworth
      Phoenix - Mark West
      Seattle - Ervin Johnson
      Utah - Greg Ostertag
      Utah - Greg Foster

I mean not a lot of house hold names there (Divac I believe was a rookie). They did go through Ewing a bunch of times. Swept Shaq against Orlando. But never had to face a guy like Hakeem, Robinson/Duncan, Kareem, etc.

Although it's hard to count out on MJ. Nobody on Houston would be able to defend him. And when Clyde ended up in Houston in 95, Jordan would have made it a mission to kick his ass.

Comment

• First of all, if they kept the team together, Phil Jackson would still be coaching the Bulls. Who'd be coaching the Lakers in 2000? Would the 2000 Lakers be as good without Phil Jackson?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          First of all, if they kept the team together, Phil Jackson would still be coaching the Bulls. Who'd be coaching the Lakers in 2000? Would the 2000 Lakers be as good without Phil Jackson?
          Shaq and Kobe were in the prime of their careers in 2000. Doesn't matter who's coaching them that team would've destroyed the Bulls.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Good for Jordan. He worked harder, took the bull by the horns (pardon the pun), and wanted that role. He relished it, handled it. Few can comfortably live like Jordan did. Michael Jackson couldn't do it, neither could Tyson, Tiger Woods...the life of the ridiculously famous and in demand is not for the faint of heart. He's a billionaire, but he can't go to the grocery store.

Pippen was never gonna be the face of a brand, he was the PERFECT second banana, did all the little things, enjoyed being out of the spotlight, and just balled. But like I said above the guy made $110 million dollars in his career. The documentary did a great job in painting a 100 millionaire all time great hall of famer as a tragic figure, lol
            I think you may be misinterpreting my comment as Jordan not deserving of his pay. On the contrary, I'm just saying no one should have tag days for him because he earned less in bball salary then Pippen.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Wonder if this mean Nick has smoked Peyote
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                  Wonder if this mean Nick has smoked Peyote
                  You take one look at nurse and you know he smoked peyote with Phil jackson.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• OT: Gronk traded to sign with Brady....

Comment

• I guess on Bill Simmions pod he said he hearing that if they come back they are thinking about a 12 team playoff starting in July. Top 2 seed get a 1st round bye.
                      It wouldn't matter much in the east cause Brklyn and Magic are 1st round fodder but man it would suck for the Grizz and Mavs if that were to happen.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        I guess on Bill Simmions pod he said he hearing that if they come back they are thinking about a 12 team playoff starting in July. Top 2 seed get a 1st round bye.
                        It wouldn't matter much in the east cause Brklyn and Magic are 1st round fodder but man it would suck for the Grizz and Mavs if that were to happen.
                        that was pure speculation i think. just shooting the shit with ryen rusillo on ways he thought they might be able to bring it back, talking about an 8-12 team playoff held entirely within facilities in los angeles. then rusillo said something to the effect of "you know the league is looking at stuff like this" and it probably got taken out of context. i interpreted that rusillo meant the league and owners are considering a shitload of options to finishing the season, but did not get the impression bill's suggestion was one the league actually looked at, or was seriously considering if it had been thrown out there. i can't imagine the 4-8 playoff teams that would get left out would ever agree to this, particularly the teams out west

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

that was pure speculation i think. just shooting the shit with ryen rusillo on ways he thought they might be able to bring it back, talking about an 8-12 team playoff held entirely within facilities in los angeles. then rusillo said something to the effect of "you know the league is looking at stuff like this" and it probably got taken out of context. i interpreted that rusillo meant the league and owners are considering a shitload of options to finishing the season, but did not get the impression bill's suggestion was one the league actually looked at, or was seriously considering if it had been thrown out there. i can't imagine the 4-8 playoff teams that would get left out would ever agree to this, particularly the teams out west
                          My dream would be single elimination games that end at a predetermined score like in the all-star game. That would be so incredibly entertaining. Let's just try it out this year!

Comment

• I have a feeling it'll be something like Summer League.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• If they want no mass gatherings, why not host every game at Atlanta hawks arena? Could still sell tickets! Ba-dum-tss!
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If we cant repeat the next best thing is some cockamamie tournament were no one counts the Lakers and Lebron as True champions

Comment

Working...
                                X