No announcement yet.

Everything 2020 Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington should be able to get a very nice package for Beal if they chose to deal him. There will be teams competing, there will be no discount for a guy like that. That's what I think anyway.
    ​​​​

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Timmy. Never won less then 50 games. Never had any drama. Good leader let his team mates shine.
      Still believe that Tim was the best player of that era of NBA but he will always be over shadowed because he was quite and didnt crave the spot light.
      plus we are starting to see that maybe it wasnt pops greatness it was Tim's that created the dynasty.
      Yep. I love Kobe but Duncan is the greatest big man in the history of the game. So it's not close. Duncan was the Spurs best player since his rookie year. He turned that franchise around and created a dynasty.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's a nice discussion (since there's not much else to discuss) but a said above, Beale doesn't want to go anywhere right now (maybe likes low expectations, who knows?) and the Wiz doesn't want him to go anywhere.

Comment

• Another thing about Kobe/Duncan. Duncan was "the man" in all of his 5 championships. Kobe also has 5 rings but he was the sidekick, the Robin to Shaq's Batman during their first 3 championships.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Another thing about Kobe/Duncan. Duncan was "the man" in all of his 5 championships. Kobe also has 5 rings but he was the sidekick, the Robin to Shaq's Batman during their first 3 championships.
            +1

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              It's a nice discussion (since there's not much else to discuss) but a said above, Beale doesn't want to go anywhere right now (maybe likes low expectations, who knows?) and the Wiz doesn't want him to go anywhere.
              Who knows what exactly is going on with Beal, but if he truly just likes DC and wants to be a one team guy, good for him. I love the guys like him and Lillard, who didnt get the luck some of the other stars have gotten with team building, but by all accounts ride with their fanbase/team/city/etc. That being said, if the Demar trade is any indication, teams dont have a ton of loyalty to any one player, especially if they havent won anything. Kinda why its hard for me to get upset about any moves players make.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                That quote and tweet was from early March.. it's pretty old. The latest on Beal is that the Nets have had internal meetings talking about making a move for him so they can build a big-3 unit of KD/Kyrie/Beal.

Beal's agent squashed that rumour, and said he wasn't going anywhere.
                https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-72m-contract
                The most important thing here is that Beal named "Toronto" as a prime FA destination AND other people are telling him he should go to "Toronto". That, in itself, is huge.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The most important thing here is that Beal named "Toronto" as a prime FA destination AND other people are telling him he should go to "Toronto". That, in itself, is huge.

Winning a chip changes everything. Some guy at Sports Illustrated wrote a piece a week or so ago where he predicts which team could have the next superteam and mentions the Raptors first:
                  https://www.si.com/nba/2020/05/14/fi...21-free-agency

We're sitting at the grown up table now.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Winning a chip changes everything. Some guy at Sports Illustrated wrote a piece a week or so ago where he predicts which team could have the next superteam and mentions the Raptors first:

Both of which count for sweet jack until a legit elite FA actually chooses Toronto in FA.

This is quite literally, all that matters:
                    "Yet dispute the benefits of stability, it’s hard to shake the feeling that Masai Ujiri has something else up his sleeve. Toronto could look to largely blow up the roster before July 2021, clearing as much cap space as possible to hunt for talent next to Siakam. The Raptors could clear two max salary spots with ease by saying goodbye to Ibaka, Gasol and Lowry before the summer of 2021, with Antetokounmpo looming as the top prize. Ujiri hasn’t been afraid to make a splash before. He could follow up his coup for Kawhi with one of the greatest free agent signings in league history."

Masai lack this one party trick to cement his legacy as NBA royalty; attract a legitimate elite FA to Toronto.

Comment

• Thibs is at the too of the list to be the Knicks new head coach. R.j barret is going to have a great 5 year career under him before succumbing to the 46 minutes a game workload. I dont know why a rebuilding team with young talent would hire thibs with his track record
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Now would be the time to sell high on reigning NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week.... Norman POWell.

If you’re trading for Beal, then you probably want to keep OG and trade either Norm or TD who play the same position as Beal. I like both guys a lot but I feel like TD could be special.
                        So Powell holds the record for longest player of the week run in season!
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah, but he was counting down from the least likely candidate to the most likely. That's why the title of the article was Lakers - Clippers (or was it vice versa).

Comment

• This is what I'm sayin. It's easy to tweet: #MoreThanAnAthlete or post a Kapernick picture protesting or whatever. That's easy. Any athletes can do that. This is how you do it. This dude really cares. Check out Brown's IG page.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'm still waiting for all the big name celebrities/athletes to do something. Write a letter like Masai and Pop did, protest silently like Jaylen Brown, go on TV and talk about the topic....etc..The silence is deafening. Where's Jay Z at? Drake? Beyonce? LeBron? Tom Brady? Mahomes? I saw LeBron posting a Nas lyrics and tweeting #BlackLivesMatter lol. What the hell is that gonna do?

The ONLY athletes that are trying to make a difference out there that I'm seeing other than Kaepernick are Jaylen Brown, Stephen Jackson, Kanter, Brogdon and Evander Kane.

LeBron James, Tom Brady, Mike Trout, Sidney Crosby. The best players in their sport are all eerily quiet.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X