X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Andre Drummond has picked up his option and will not be a free agent. No surprise since he's making over $28M and has really no market. I'm still also not sure what Cleveland was thinking when they made that trade.
    If I was a Cavs fan I would feel pretty hopeless right now. Seems like they're going to have to wait out Love and Drummond, but Garland and Sexton aren't the best duo to look forward to.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Andre Drummond has picked up his option and will not be a free agent. No surprise since he's making over $28M and has really no market. I'm still also not sure what Cleveland was thinking when they made that trade.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Forever a Raptor Ed Davis spittin truth. Love this
    Great points. And fitting the posts above this have to do with Bebe and Bruno who may both be out of the league forever. Easy for Kyrie and Dwight to say let's not play. But what about guys like Matt Thomas, Terrence Davis, and so many others like that on other teams playing on near minimum deals that have a chance to bank some generational wealth for their families. There was a great article somewhere a while back about Matt Thomas's DUI. If he fizzles out and doesn't have NBA income and no outside work experience does he get hired as quickly as he should? If he has a solid NBA finals and contibutes to a few playoff wins does he get a 3 year $10 million contract from someone that sets his kids up for life? There are so many guys that probably want to tell Kyrie to STFU.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    So Kevin Durant really called Kendrick Perkins a sell out? KEVIN DURANT? c'mon man.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Yeah, that part is absurd and ruins the overall point. 90 M is exceedingly wealthy lol. I just like that he's taking a stand against two career certified nimrods, Irving and Dwight
    Truth.
    I don't know much about Dwight Howard's personal chit but Kyrie is a certified nutjob.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    There are more guys who only have a shot at 1-3 years of NBA paychecks than there are top tier superstars. All those guys will want to play. Don't know if their voices will be heard or if it'll come to a vote.

NBA has to be careful moving forward here. They've been good on social commentary, but there's been a lot of backlash at celebs trying to speak out right now unless they're there in the streets. Economic frustration overlaps the racial tension. People don't want to hear from celebrities in gated communities right now. Dave Chappelle's got it right, let the streets talk.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I want to know what Kyrie's strategy is. What's his plan of action. It's easy to say that he's willing to risk "everything" would he really though? all Kyrie's doing right now is talk.

I believe that these players can play ball and still fight social injustice.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

I agree with him except he's also worried about guys "only making $90M instead of $160M" contracts and only being filthy rich instead of some imaginary "generational wealth" line
    Yeah, that part is absurd and ruins the overall point. 90 M is exceedingly wealthy lol. I just like that he's taking a stand against two career certified nimrods, Irving and Dwight

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    I agree with him except he's also worried about guys "only making $90M instead of $160M" contracts and only being filthy rich instead of some imaginary "generational wealth" line

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I read an article last year that he was taking a break from playing in spain. He was drinking to much, my father is Brazilian and the storys in Brazil were that when he and Bruno were in Toronto together they were just partying and not really focused on basketball
    Sheesh 2 bad. That would explain y Bruno suddenly looks nba ready on all other nba teams. BOOOOOOOOOO Give us our draft pick back hahahaa. That 1 game was cool tho. Just 'cause of that game it may have worth it hahaha YOLO

I'm more old school; I want to see the team city and team name on the jersey with no Nike swoosh or Sun Life Insurance logos. The red chevron jersey looks good because it's Canada but should be reserved for a high school team imo

Love it Love it love it. Y don't we do this?! Eliminate the ads 4 sure.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

What happened to Bebe? He had potential, at least as backup big like Javalee Mcgee..now he's playing in Brazil I believe? It was all downhill after the mumble rapper face tats
    He struggled with alcoholism and didnt make it back to the league.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

I'm more old school; I want to see the team city and team name on the jersey with no Nike swoosh or Sun Life Insurance logos. The red chevron jersey looks good because it's Canada but should be reserved for a high school team imo

I mean, every team now has an ad on their jersey not just the Raptors.

I believe that if you win a championship with that jersey, you keep that jersey/look forever. Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

It’s easy for a guy like Kyrie [Irving] to say that he’ll give everything back [for social reform], but would he really give everything back? It’s easy for Dwight Howard to say that we don’t need to play when he’s in Atlanta in his $20 million mansion. But there are other guys on the rosters who need this money to provide for whoever they’re taking care of and things like that. It’s easy for the superstars in the league to say this and how they feel about this and that. But it means a lot more when it comes from the role players and the guys that [aren’t stars]. There are so many different perspectives because there are so many different levels in the NBA. Like I said, it’s so easy for the superstars to say, “Let’s just not play,” and they’re good. But some guys can’t just do that. There are lives on the line and, like I said, generational wealth on the line. These are the hits that we’re going to take if we don’t play.
    (...)
    This is coming from a 10-year vet; I’m on the back end of my career and I’ve made enough money, so it’s not really about the money. It’s more about the future guys – a guy like Donovan Mitchell, who is looking at a $160 million dollar contract but he might only get $90 million if the cap drops.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    This is my favourite. They won the championship wearing this jersey so this look is a big deal.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

What happened to Bebe? He had potential, at least as backup big like Javalee Mcgee..now he's playing in Brazil I believe? It was all downhill after the mumble rapper face tats
    I read an article last year that he was taking a break from playing in spain. He was drinking to much, my father is Brazilian and the storys in Brazil were that when he and Bruno were in Toronto together they were just partying and not really focused on basketball

Leave a comment:

Working...
X