X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    How long is Beals extension? We would have to give something up to get him i assume. FVV and O.G would probably be the biggest assest but do the Wiz want a P.G if they keep Wall? Or are they going to deal wall to?
    I feel like O.G and FVV would actually be a pretty good return for the wiz. i like both those guys but it would probably wouldnt be that must risk to get a 2nd all star to pair with pascal for the next 5 years.
    Now would be the time to sell high on reigning NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week.... Norman POWell.

If you’re trading for Beal, then you probably want to keep OG and trade either Norm or TD who play the same position as Beal. I like both guys a lot but I feel like TD could be special.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied

I'd probably do the deal with FVV on an extension and O.G for 2 years guaranteed and an option for 3rd.
    The wiz may want an all star but where are they getting it? What can brooklyn give them? Levert and dinwiddie?
    celtics could do brown
    Maybe best current player they could get would be mcollum
    I dont know who could match a deal with both wall and beal involved seen like they would have to be separate deals
    Oh I'd do FVV & OG for Beal too if I'm the Raps , but If I'm the wiz I don't. You're right in that the wizs probably won't get an-all star, so they'll likely hold on to their own. The thing is, there's no incentive for the wizs to move him. Beal is not disgruntled, just signed an extension and the wizs really like him. Nets showed interest but wizs didn't want anything to do with it.

This is one of those situations where they'll most likely gonna try to build around him unfortunately, until he hits FA again. He'll hit FA when his 29. That's usually a time the player will soul-search and move on if they're not winning. But from a team's perspective, they've got no incentive to trade him (which is too bad because he's wasting his prime years there, and they're not passing the second round with just him and a post-ACL 30+ yr old Wall).

Pretty sure if the next 2 seasons suck for the wiz (which they will unless they land another borderline all-star in the draft), Beal will opt out of his 3rd year.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

In the summer of 2022 he has the option of staying another season with the wiz, or enter free agency. Before then it's up to the team, and I don't think the wiz is moving him unless it's for another all-star, or another hefty deal where someone takes on Wall's contract too. So I think trades won't happen because at. the moment neither him nor the team want that.

That said, he's basically got 2 more seasons with the Wiz. If they do well he'll probably hang around, but if they continue to miss the playoffs/not go far, there's a good chance he'll opt out of his 3rd year. That would be the best time to get him imo.
    I'd probably do the deal with FVV on an extension and O.G for 2 years guaranteed and an option for 3rd.
    The wiz may want an all star but where are they getting it? What can brooklyn give them? Levert and dinwiddie?
    celtics could do brown
    Maybe best current player they could get would be mcollum
    I dont know who could match a deal with both wall and beal involved seen like they would have to be separate deals

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Sonny wrote: View Post
    Ok here's a question, since they're both going to the HOF this year. Who would you rather build your team around? Kobe or Timmy D?
    Timmy. Never won less then 50 games. Never had any drama. Good leader let his team mates shine.
    Still believe that Tim was the best player of that era of NBA but he will always be over shadowed because he was quite and didnt crave the spot light.
    plus we are starting to see that maybe it wasnt pops greatness it was Tim's that created the dynasty.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Sonny wrote: View Post
    Ok here's a question, since they're both going to the HOF this year. Who would you rather build your team around? Kobe or Timmy D?
    No question, Timmy Duncan.
    All class, a winner on the court and never raped anyone off it....

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    How long is Beals extension? We would have to give something up to get him i assume. FVV and O.G would probably be the biggest assest but do the Wiz want a P.G if they keep Wall? Or are they going to deal wall to?
    I feel like O.G and FVV would actually be a pretty good return for the wiz. i like both those guys but it would probably wouldnt be that must risk to get a 2nd all star to pair with pascal for the next 5 years.
    In the summer of 2022 he has the option of staying another season with the wiz, or enter free agency. Before then it's up to the team, and I don't think the wiz is moving him unless it's for another all-star, or another hefty deal where someone takes on Wall's contract too. So I think trades won't happen because at. the moment neither him nor the team want that.

That said, he's basically got 2 more seasons with the Wiz. If they do well he'll probably hang around, but if they continue to miss the playoffs/not go far, there's a good chance he'll opt out of his 3rd year. That would be the best time to get him imo.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    His old contract ends in the summer of 2021 (so next year). The new extension is 2 years, so until 2023 but the last year is a player option. So not including this current season, he's got at least 2 more years on his deal. Maybe 3.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    That quote and tweet was from early March.. it's pretty old. The latest on Beal is that the Nets have had internal meetings talking about making a move for him so they can build a big-3 unit of KD/Kyrie/Beal.

Beal's agent squashed that rumour, and said he wasn't going anywhere.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-72m-contract

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    I like Beal I think he'd be super impactful, but he sounds more concerned about being "the man" than actually going into a winning situation, or to a team better positioned to grow going forward.

Wizs are now handcuffed with Wall's contract though, and Wall himself it's a bit of dick and might see himself as "the man" when he's back instead of Beal. Beal will have a player option summer 2022. He'll be 29 that year, maybe he'll see all that and opt out. If we get a max FA in 2021 plus Fred/Pascal/OG we'll probably be set and maxed out in 2022, but if not, he could be an option.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

you know how I feel about Beal. Holiday and Beal would've been my dream backcourt.
    Yeah, but you were OK trading Spicy to make Beal happen. I wasn't down with that - that's two steps forward, two steps back. Now.... Beal + Spicy is a great combination, though. Jrue? Meh.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    you know how I feel about Beal. Holiday and Beal would've been my dream backcourt.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

In the NBA these days, "being built around" often means years of futility.

I'd be happy to build around him and Spicy....dude's a bit of a prick but plays with huge heart. If Giannis went West and we had Beale, the Raps would be in the finals every year .... I'm still all in on the Giannis train but I feel this team will already need to be quite different to bring him here. A year older Kyle, Marc and Serge won't cut it.

Also not sure what's with all the "being built around" ego these days. He's the perfect Robin....then again so is Pascal for now. Do two Robins make a Batman?

John Wall also thinks HE’s the man being built around. Lol. Just wait til he comes back.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    In the NBA these days, "being built around" often means years of futility.

I'd be happy to build around him and Spicy....dude's a bit of a prick but plays with huge heart. If Giannis went West and we had Beale, the Raps would be in the finals every year .... I'm still all in on the Giannis train but I feel this team will already need to be quite different to bring him here. A year older Kyle, Marc and Serge won't cut it.

Also not sure what's with all the "being built around" ego these days. He's the perfect Robin....then again so is Pascal for now. Do two Robins make a Batman?

Last edited by G__Deane; Sat May 23, 2020, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X