X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    What about Derrick Rose? the Bulls never came close to beating LeBron's teams or reaching the Finals. Just because the Bulls made the playoffs during the Derrick Rose era doesn't mean they were relevant.

The Bulls played the Cavs twice in the playoffs, one in 2010 and the other in 2015. In 2010 they lost in 5 games and the second best player for the Cavs that year was Mo Williams. In 2015 they lost in 6 games.

The Bulls also played LeBron's Heat team twice in the playoffs. Both series weren't close.

Rose is also probably one of the worst player to win the MVP. LeBron should've won the MVP that year in my opinion. But when you play for teams like the Bulls and the Lakers and Celtics and Knicks, you're going to get more recognition. Look at the attention Tatum is getting right now.
    The bulls best chance at a title was that season derrick rose went down in the 1st round in the lockout season i think they had a real chance. Would have had home court vs heat in ECF.
    And i think your selling D-Rose short. We was well on his way to being the best PG in the league for 10+ years while also being a top 3 player in the league. Lebron and maybe a more mature K.D are the only guys who i could definitively say were better players then prime rose

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

These 'advisors' who have the ear of the owner are often bad news for teams that allow it, if the advisor is incompetent. They become shadow GMs who can undermine the real front office. It's like Isiah Thomas & James Dolan. Raptors had an 'advisor' like that for years.... Jack McCloskey, until Masai came in and cleaned house. The Bulls owner is still going to be asking Paxson for a second opinion on big decisions (and Paxson will probably still get input from Forman). I like it.
    Yeah, one of the question smart Bulls fans are asking is whether this is an actual smooth corporate exit (like BC where he got to manage his departure) or whether Paxson is still going to be around making noises. Regardless, the new guy has a lot of work to do in Chicago.....

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Sonny wrote: View Post

Are you saying Rose is overrated? lol smh.
    Yep. He's one of the most overrated players ever, he's up there with Allen Iverson. Call this a hot take if you will, but Iverson in his prime specially his MVP year took 30+ shots a game. If you look at Iverson's boxscores back in 2001, it was always 8/35. 9/32. 10/35, 7/33. Lol. If DeRozan shoots 30+ a game, he'd probably average 30ppg too. What if Steph Curry shoots 30+ a game?

People always talk about Iverson's heroic effort in 2001 where he "singlehandedly" led the Sixers to the Finals. I mean, the Sixers biggest challenger in the East that year were the Raptors and they almost lost. Lol.

Iverson is popular because of the hip hop culture that he brought to the game. He wasn't really all that.

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied
    What about Derrick Rose? the Bulls never came close to beating LeBron's teams or reaching the Finals. Just because the Bulls made the playoffs during the Derrick Rose era doesn't mean they were relevant.

The Bulls played the Cavs twice in the playoffs, one in 2010 and the other in 2015. In 2010 they lost in 5 games and the second best player for the Cavs that year was Mo Williams. In 2015 they lost in 6 games.

The Bulls also played LeBron's Heat team twice in the playoffs. Both series weren't close.

Rose is also probably one of the worst player to win the MVP. LeBron should've won the MVP that year in my opinion. But when you play for teams like the Bulls and the Lakers and Celtics and Knicks, you're going to get more recognition. Look at the attention Tatum is getting right now.
    Are you saying Rose is overrated? lol smh.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied
    22 years. Bulls hired him right after Jordan retired in 98. Also the last year the Bulls were relevant. 22 friggin years.
    Derrick Rose

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    22 years. Bulls hired him right after Jordan retired in 98. Also the last year the Bulls were relevant. 22 friggin years.
    The Bulls were relevant with Derrick Rose. He was genuinely great. They were so very close to beating the Cavs during Lebron's first year back.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    The Chicago Bulls suddenly became a threat again:

GarPax era is over. Paxon will still be with the team but not in any official capacity. Sort of like Bryan's position when Masai took over.
    These 'advisors' who have the ear of the owner are often bad news for teams that allow it, if the advisor is incompetent. They become shadow GMs who can undermine the real front office. It's like Isiah Thomas & James Dolan. Raptors had an 'advisor' like that for years.... Jack McCloskey, until Masai came in and cleaned house. The Bulls owner is still going to be asking Paxson for a second opinion on big decisions (and Paxson will probably still get input from Forman). I like it.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    The Chicago Bulls suddenly became a threat again:

GarPax era is over. Paxon will still be with the team but not in any official capacity. Sort of like Bryan's position when Masai took over.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

I have no idea who is great and available, but I’d look at a couple of Euros, like Messina and Sarunas, plus somebody on the Raptors staff, in addition to Atkinson. It’s no miracle to make the playoffs in the Eastern conference.... Steve Clifford had a badly mismatched roster last year led by a relic center and he pulled off a miracle too. No biggie.
    Sarunas is intriguing for sure. I don't mind any of those guys that you mentioned. I don't mind Adrian Griffin or Nate Bjorkgren. I'm just saying, Atkinson should be one of the top guys they should consider.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Good coach handles the locker room and sells his vision. Kenny couldn't do it that's why he got fired. He lost the locker room. And his other qualities don't really make him stand up.
    You're making stuff up. How do you know he lost the locker room? Atkinson was in the COY conversation last year and 1 year later he lost the lockeroom? A lot of people were speculating that Atkinson got fired because of Kyrie who's known as a coach killer. Kyrie reportedly is a big fan of Ty Lue. Wanna bet who's the Nets new coach next year?

But anyway, Atkinson's former players loves him. Look at Russell, Dudley, Carroll and others reaction after the announcement that Atkinson got fired.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Good coach handles the locker room and sells his vision. Kenny couldn't do it that's why he got fired. He lost the locker room. And his other qualities don't really make him stand up.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Atkinson's Nets team the last 3-4 years were garbage. The fact that the Nets made the playoffs last year was a miracle.

Is Gregg Popovich a bad coach? the Spurs were a perennial middle of the pack team the last 3 years.

Who are your "top of the list of great" available head coaches then?
    I have no idea who is great and available, but I’d look at a couple of Euros, like Messina and Sarunas, plus somebody on the Raptors staff, in addition to Atkinson. It’s no miracle to make the playoffs in the Eastern conference.... Steve Clifford had a badly mismatched roster last year led by a relic center and he pulled off a miracle too. No biggie.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

There's a difference between "top of the list of great" and "he doesn't suck". Kenny doesn't suck, for sure, but he's in that same tier of coaches like: Steve Clifford, Mike Woodson, Scott Brooks, Mike Brown, etc... Nothing special.
    Atkinson's Nets team the last 3-4 years were garbage. The fact that the Nets made the playoffs last year was a miracle.

Is Gregg Popovich a bad coach? the Spurs were a perennial middle of the pack team the last 3 years.

Who are your "top of the list of great" available head coaches then?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X