One Shot - A Tribute to the Raptors 2019 Championship Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Shot - A Tribute to the Raptors 2019 Championship Season

To coincide with the replay of the Raptors championship winning game tonight, and with an unexpectedly large amount of free time (and social isolation) lately,
    I put together a video summing up much of the last season. And them some. We were down so many times in the playoffs. 0-1 to the Magic, 2-1 to the Sixers, 0-2 to the Bucks....0...wait..never down to the Warriors . In many of those threads, people would often invoke some of the lyrics to "Lose Yourself". It became a popular refrain. I can't find any of those old posts now other than this one from earlier this season. Either way, it was a bit of soundtrack to the playoffs. So here it is, in soundtrack form. Hope you enjoy.

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

He's nervous but on the surface he looks calm and ready,
    to clank 3s but he keep on forgetting that gasols bodys heavy,
    His tendencys wrote down, remembers when that whole T.O crowd got so loud,
    He opens his eyes, but only the tears come out,
    He's choking now, Jimmys in Miami joking now,
    The clock runs out, process over now,

Sweet vid JClaw!
    Good job lining up the lyrics to things that fit perfectly. I laughed out loud at "the word wont come out" to the Hedo interview
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Thanks, Jclaw! That was nice. Man, we are spoiled on this board.

Comment

Nice vid!

Watching the final game again reminded me how bizarre the final minute was with multiple needless foul calls, stoppages and video reviews, the inbound play where Kawhi got fouled with .9 seconds on the clock (play on!) where they didn't even take .1 seconds off at the restart lol

I remember that being so exciting yet frustrating at the same time. The NBA was working hard to delay the inevitable, even the players were confused.

Comment

This was awesome.. well done! Love the pic of Bargnani when he says "Your mom's spaghetti". Made me laugh out loud.

Comment

I'm a huge eminem fan, and not sure if you're aware, but also a huge raptors fan. Crossover project. Thanks jclaw
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Beautiful video, captured it all!

I was flipping through channels and saw part of the parade re-run, someone asked Nurse what he would like to say to all the people from other parts of Canada that came to parade. The part Nurse's response that made the hair on my arms stand::

"In game 1 vs the Warriors, when everyone rose for Oh Canada, I glanced at the Warriors players. You could tell from the look on their faces that knew they were gonna have their full"

Comment

Nice JCLAW

Comment

thanks for all the good thoughts. it was fun to make

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I'm a huge eminem fan, and not sure if you're aware, but also a huge raptors fan. Crossover project. Thanks jclaw
                    Eminem kind of sucks tho

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post

Eminem kind of sucks tho
                      Now? Or always? Do elaborate. I've got time.

Comment

Now? Or always? Do elaborate. I've got time.
                        Mostly now but also always. I'm sure you've seen Chris D'elia's impression of him. Way too realistic.

Comment

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post

Mostly now but also always. I'm sure you've seen Chris D'elia's impression of him. Way too realistic.
                            I've been a fan since like 1999, and I was the guy who knew all his songs and lyrics and hidden tracks, I've owned every album, mixtape, soundtrack, movie...we're probably coming at this from angles too far apart to meet anywhere close to the middle on this one lol.

I've seen the Delia impression, "you're using waaay too many napkins' got a chuckle out of me but it's not great otherwise. The cadence is not even close, he's just parodying the fact that his new style he just raps all these big words together for the sake of it, which.. is pretty accurate.

But mostly back in the day, like 99-2009, he was the total package, completely untouchable. He's still the best lyrically, mainstream or otherwise. He's the Tiger Woods of rap IMO. I won't share a more common/cliche eminem song, here's just a sample of "average one in the back of an album" that most haven't heard that still holds up amazing to this day, beautiful poetry.

Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Apr 16, 2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I've been a fan since like 1999, and I was the guy who knew all his songs and lyrics and hidden tracks, I've owned every album, mixtape, soundtrack, movie...we're probably coming at this from angles too far apart to meet anywhere close to the middle on this one lol.

I've seen the Delia impression, "you're using waaay too many napkins' got a chuckle out of me but it's not great otherwise. The cadence is not even close, he's just parodying the fact that his new style he just raps all these big words together for the sake of it, which.. is pretty accurate.

But mostly back in the day, like 99-2009, he was the total package, completely untouchable. He's still the best lyrically, mainstream or otherwise. He's the Tiger Woods of rap IMO. I won't share a more common/cliche eminem song, here's just a sample of "average one in the back of an album" that most haven't heard that still holds up amazing to this day, beautiful poetry.

Sorry uncle Joey for provoking Keon.

Most Eminem is so boring to me. He doesn't match up with peak Kanye and he's not close at all to Kendrick with TPAB or good kid, m.A.A.d city.

Comment

Working...
                              X