Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suns get Thomas in a S&T, maybe ennis will be available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suns get Thomas in a S&T, maybe ennis will be available?

just a thought. The Raps were clearly pushing hard for Ennis on draft night all the way until the end. Likely things haven't changed & they would still be interested in bringing Ennis in. Would also be a contract we could fit under the cap? But with Thomas in the fold, he is likely to take that 3rd PG spot with the suns, seems like an opportunity to get him might be there now.

thoughts? any ideas what we could trade?

Ennis for 3rd backup guard? Wouldn't he be too expensive for that role?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Ennis for 3rd backup guard? Wouldn't he be too expensive for that role?
      Agreed
      I think, in certain scenarios Louis Williams will play Point Gaurd as well

I don't see the point anymore :s
      Unless the transaction somehow involves pj tucker xD

Comment

yeah, just rookie contract. I have no idea what space we have but you'd think we could afford him. We definitely could if we're moving a body off the roster (ie: fields/hayes/psycho T hopefully going the other way)

I think psycho T & a 2nd. Or just psycho T alone might be enough to get it done (I have no idea what their cap/roster looks like, i'm just spitballing). But what if we could do Psycho T, a 2nd rnd pick, & Fields or Hayes for ennis. We give them a good player & a salary dump for ennis, meanwhile this would also give us the cap space to get that big Center we are looking for. BAM roster filled.... sorta. Would miss hansbrough even though he is the 3rd PF, but if thats what it takes to get Ennis I'd do it, especially if we can dump 1 of fields/hayes off in the deal as well

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
          Agreed
          I think, in certain scenarios Louis Williams will play Point Gaurd as well

I don't see the point anymore :s
          Unless the transaction somehow involves pj tucker xD
          give ennis time to grow. in a perfect scenario williams/vasquez perform great, we'll likely lose 1 if not both of them over the next 2 years, ennis will be ready to step into that role.

Comment

CashGameND wrote: View Post

I think psycho T & a 2nd. Or just psycho T alone might be enough to get it done (I have no idea what their cap/roster looks like, i'm just spitballing). But what if we could do Psycho T, a 2nd rnd pick, & Fields or Hayes for ennis. We give them a good player & a salary dump for ennis, meanwhile this would also give us the cap space to get that big Center we are looking for. BAM roster filled.... sorta. Would miss hansbrough even though he is the 3rd PF, but if thats what it takes to get Ennis I'd do it, especially if we can dump 1 of fields/hayes off in the deal as well
            Dude you aren't going to poach Ennis for the scraps you just described, they know the Raptors heavily coveted Ennis, they would want someone back they coveted like Patrick Patterson.

Comment

we don't know what the raptors offered to get him. seems like they didn't have much to offer (at the time they still had allot of re-signing to deal with). hansbrough isn't scraps. He might be on our team, but I think hes valuable to another team. Hayes might be close to scraps, but he can still play a bit, and brings a veteran presence, hes just on a bad contract. Packaging hans/hayes/2nd for ennis (who they've now relegated to their 4th PG, shows how much they value him) I don't think its that unrealistic
              Last edited by CashGameND; Sat Jul 12, 2014, 01:29 AM.

Comment

CashGameND wrote: View Post
                just a thought. The Raps were clearly pushing hard for Ennis on draft night all the way until the end. Likely things haven't changed & they would still be interested in bringing Ennis in. Would also be a contract we could fit under the cap? But with Thomas in the fold, he is likely to take that 3rd PG spot with the suns, seems like an opportunity to get him might be there now.

thoughts? any ideas what we could trade?
                I'd say the straight up Tyler H for Tyler E is a pretty fair trade, that gives both teams something they need.

We're deep at PF and can give up the depth. Tyler H is a solid contributor, who we don't use as well as we could. They're crazy deep at PG now, and can also give up the depth of a maybe future contributor for solid help right now.

Comment

What is Sun doing ?? too many Pgs !!

Comment

Bledsoe is out, possibly, may be getting interest from the Heat.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                      Really ? what is the source ? This is what I thogut as well. Blesoe, Wade, Bosh, well, that would be worth watching. How much Cap space does heat have now after blowing so much of it on Bosh

Comment

This signing suggests to me that the Suns are preparing to lose Bledsoe or trade Dragic. It really makes no sense. 4 years $27M seems like a lot for a backup PG. Can he operate in a 2 PG lineup with either of the above? If not, then I don't see how he gets the minutes necessary to justify the signing. Seems very odd, but I guess if Bledsoe or Dragic get moved than I would imagine they keep Ennis.

Comment

It would have been nice to land Ennis but I think things worked out for the better.

A player like Bebe, assuming he becomes a solid back up C in the mold of Birdman or Wright, is extremely difficult to obtain.

I'd much prefer Williams over Prince.

I'd much prefer JJ over Prince as well.

It would have been nice to get the local kid but Bebe/Williams/JJ >>> Ennis/Prince

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                            No source, it's just me thinking out loud. Miami and the Lakers have the cap space for someone like Bledsoe. With Phoenix drafting Ennis and signing Thomas, that's a sign that the Suns are moving on from Bledsoe.

Comment

Suns also have Ish Smith...who was a great backup PG for them last season

Assuming Dragic permanently moves to the SG position (which is a fair assumption), they still have 3 undersized PG's and a rookie though...

What the hell ore they doing.....Minny 2.0?

Comment

Working...
                              X