Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Dance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apollo wrote: View Post
    Kobe is difficult to rank. Him winning without Shaq was really good for his legacy.
    I think the down years between Shaq and Gasol are pretty damning. A 34 win season, missed the playoffs. Next two seasons, bounced in the first round. Then they recovered when Gasol came to town. Can't think of anybody else you'd argue for top 5 GOAT status who had a 3 year run like that right in the middle of their prime. Lakers rosters were not good, but still.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

    Comment


    • He had no one. He went through a rebuild and stuck with the team. Jordan wouldn't do that and instead walked off the set. Not sure its fair to dock him for staying loyal to that level.

      Comment


      • planetmars wrote: View Post
        Kareem has a hell of a resume.

        10 finals.
        6 rings.
        6 MVPs
        2x FMVP
        19x all-star
        15x all-nba
        11x all-defense
        3x NCAA champ
        3x MVP of NCAA tourney
        2x College POTY

        Kareem had zero personality though. Part of being an icon and a GOAT is some flash. Although he did fight Bruce Lee in a movie.


        better actor than Jordan and Lebron too
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

        Comment


        • The Great One wrote: View Post

          Just answer the question man, who was the Lakers transformative player? Magic or Kareem. This is not hard.
          Ok. But you're talking like Kareem is some scrub lol. He's top 5 on most people's list.

          Comment


          • Sonny wrote: View Post

            Ok. But you're talking like Kareem is some scrub lol. He's top 5 on most people's list.
            All the 5 guys that I mentioned who are better than Kareem - MJ, LeBron, Bird, Magic and Duncan - were "the guy" on their championships teams. Kareem has 6 titles, 5 of them as Magic's sidekick. These are just facts. Can't put him in the top 5, top 10 sure.



            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • Steve Kerr really got a big chunk of story compared to others lol. I get he hit that big shot and probably because they wanted to tell his story with his dad to compare to MJs dad.
              But seemed like they focused alot on steve compared to Kukoc, ron harper, even Horace Grant didnt really get much of his story told.
              Steve benifited the most besides MJ, parts of this shined a bad light on Scottie to, Mike shined a bad light on scottie a few times with storys im sure if Pip had final cut he wouldn't have included
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • In playoffs in that first Lakers championship

                Kareem averaged 31 pts on 56 FG% and 12 rebounds with 4 blocks. And Magic averaged 18 pts 9 rebounds and 10 assists.

                That's like saying Kawhi was Klow's sidekick
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                Comment


                • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                  Steve Kerr really got a big chunk of story compared to others lol. I get he hit that big shot and probably because they wanted to tell his story with his dad to compare to MJs dad.
                  But seemed like they focused alot on steve compared to Kukoc, ron harper, even Horace Grant didnt really get much of his story told.
                  Steve benifited the most besides MJ, parts of this shined a bad light on Scottie to, Mike shined a bad light on scottie a few times with storys im sure if Pip had final cut he wouldn't have included
                  I figured they focused on him so much because he's the most relevant player to current times given he's in the league right now as a coach for a dynasty that just finished. He's also accomplished more than anyone else involved with the team in the after years not named Phil Jackson.

                  Comment


                  • Apollo wrote: View Post

                    I figured they focused on him so much because he's the most relevant player to current times given he's in the league right now as a coach for a dynasty that just finished. He's also accomplished more than anyone else involved with the team in the after years not named Phil Jackson.
                    Ya i guess, but seems odd that the only guys who got a little "mini-episode" within the series were Rodman,Pippen and Kerr. While Horace, Harper and Kukoc only got some minor mentions
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                    Comment


                    • Not enough love in here for Bill and Wilt, the two giants that ran the game for 15 years. Wilt scored 50 pts a game when 2nd place scored 31. He has more rebounds per game (22.9) than Tim Duncan has points (19). Was putting up Gretzky stats. And Bill was the superior defender and rebounder.

                      MJ, Lebron, Bird, Magic, Bill, Wilt, Kareem are all eligible for top 5 imo. If I had to rank it though,


                      MJ
                      Lebron
                      Wilt
                      Russell
                      Magic
                      Bird
                      Kareem
                      Duncan
                      Shaq
                      Hakeem/Kobe/Oscar (too hard to call)

                      Active players with a chance to get in (in order): Durant, Curry, Giannis, Kawhi
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        In playoffs in that first Lakers championship

                        Kareem averaged 31 pts on 56 FG% and 12 rebounds with 4 blocks. And Magic averaged 18 pts 9 rebounds and 10 assists.

                        That's like saying Kawhi was Klow's sidekick
                        Damn. That’s the perfect analogy. The disrespect of Kareem is off the charts, just to pump up MJ. They can coexist.

                        Comment


                        • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                          Ya i guess, but seems odd that the only guys who got a little "mini-episode" within the series were Rodman,Pippen and Kerr. While Horace, Harper and Kukoc only got some minor mentions
                          I thought Toni got a lot of air time. Horace and Harper got less but maybe they were boring on film? Who knows, entertaining series though. I only wish there was even MORE behind the scenes film. That was my favorite part, the interviews were a vehicle to deliver the context of the behind the scenes film.

                          Kerr is very articulate, concise and intelligent. He seems to give a very good interview and I'm guessing that helped a lot when the editors were piecing this together.

                          Comment


                          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                            Ya i guess, but seems odd that the only guys who got a little "mini-episode" within the series were Rodman,Pippen and Kerr. While Horace, Harper and Kukoc only got some minor mentions
                            Kukoc got shit on. He was basically potrayed as a soft white guy that was Jerry Krause pet project. In reality he was a very good player overshadowed by the big 3, and apparently, Kerr.

                            In the 98 clinching game vs Indy he had 21 pts. In a close game 5 loss to Utah he had a team leading 30 pts on 11 of 13. Pippen had 6. In series clincher he had 15. Pippen had 8. For the series he averaged 15.5. Kerr averaged 3. Not to mention a big game winner in earlier run, when Pippen sat. I'm not sure they win all the championships without Kukoc. Pretty sure they it without Kerr.
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • Also, I don't believe Jordans pizza poison game story. I believe it was the hangover game, but he doesnt want that story out.
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • Kerr is the head coach of the Warriors and a team that had 73 wins. Most casual fans know who he is because of his ties to GSW. And I mean he was wearing a Warriors shirt as well in the interviews. Kukoc did get some time in episode 4 or 5. He sort of became an afterthought as the Bulls were atrocious once everyone left and he was the lone survivor.

                                I thought Horace should have gotten more time.. and I'm not sure why Wellington got interviewed and not Longley.

                                Also it's too bad they couldn't find a Krause family member or someone to vouch for him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X