Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Dance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Great One wrote: View Post

    People always talk about "how effective would Michael Jordan’s midrange game be in today's game?" and then they would start talking about DeRozan. The GREATEST player in the game today - Kawhi Leonard - is a midrange scorer. I think Kawhi averaged 27ppg last year and 31ppg in the playoffs. Michael Jordan is like Kawhi on steroids lol.

    Late 90's version of Jordan would easily average 40+ppg in today's game. The early version of Jordan? that dude would destroy the league.
    No need to exaggerate to make your point. Yes, Jordan would receive probably like a 4 ppg bump playing in this era. Kawhi is also a generational player and would be top 5 in that era, right there or right behind Hakeem and Shaq. Just like Michael would likely still be the best now, but there is a lot of competition. Find me a 7 footer who could shoot off the bounce before KD existed.
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • The Great One wrote: View Post

      People always talk about "how effective would Michael Jordan’s midrange game be in today's game?" and then they would start talking about DeRozan. The GREATEST player in the game today - Kawhi Leonard - is a midrange scorer. I think Kawhi averaged 27ppg last year and 31ppg in the playoffs. Michael Jordan is like Kawhi on steroids lol.

      Late 90's version of Jordan would easily average 40+ppg in today's game. The early version of Jordan? that dude would destroy the league.
      The thing about Jordan is he honed his game for what the thought he needed to win at the time he played. If he played by today's rules he would focus on different things if he thought it would give him an edge. Also, he was around as effective overall as James as a three point shooter and he was better than Wade so does it really matter? I think the answer is, no it does not. To focus on that is to miss the big picture.

      Comment


      • The one block he had at 10:03 in the video is just insane.

        Comment


        • Apollo wrote: View Post

          The thing about Jordan is he honed his game for what the thought he needed to win at the time he played. If he played by today's rules he would focus on different things if he thought it would give him an edge. Also, he was around as effective overall as James as a three point shooter and he was better than Wade so does it really matter? I think the answer is, no it does not. To focus on that is to miss the big picture.
          And demar would have been pretty elite offensively in those days, probably even more so than now. He stubbornly refused to adapt, its like he takes pride in being the guy who plays like he was dropped straight from 1987 into today
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • KeonClark wrote: View Post

            And demar would have been pretty elite offensively in those days, probably even more so than now. He stubbornly refused to adapt, its like he takes pride in being the guy who plays like he was dropped straight from 1987 into today
            No doubt. He'd be a regular season stud back then and get steamrolled by MJ in the playoffs.

            Comment


            • What can LeBron do to pass Jordan in the GOAT rankings?

              Comment


              • Sonny wrote: View Post
                What can LeBron do to pass Jordan in the GOAT rankings?
                the way he was taking back seat to Anthony Davis and promoting Davis will be used against him.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                Comment


                • the game is so buddy-buddy now and reading twitter a lot of players are saying they wouldn't take that bullshit from Mike. So I think in this era MJ wouldn't win a championship because he wouldn't be able to form a big 3 or get good players play with him
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                  Comment


                  • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    the game is so buddy-buddy now and reading twitter a lot of players are saying they wouldn't take that bullshit from Mike. So I think in this era MJ wouldn't win a championship because he wouldn't be able to form a big 3 or get good players play with him
                    Theres a Few assholes still around. Jimmy butler comes to mind. Westbrook is a dick. Lowry is tough to practice with too.
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                      Theres a Few assholes still around. Jimmy butler comes to mind. Westbrook is a dick. Lowry is tough to practice with too.
                      Which proves my point no? Lowry is outlier. But Butler had to change multiple teams and KD and PG didn't want to play with Westbrook anymore
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                      Comment


                      • people want to play with guys like Curry, Duncan, Lebron. MJ would have to adapt.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                        Comment


                        • Kobe was kind of an asshole too.. he raked Dwight over the coals when he was a Laker. And yet Nash wanted to play with him.

                          But yeah.. will be hard to play with MJ for sure. He'll help you win, but you have to be ready to play.

                          Comment


                          • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            people want to play with guys like Curry, Duncan, Lebron. MJ would have to adapt.
                            Kyrie didn't want to play with Lebron. So he's not well liked by everyone. Although Kyrie is a weird cat.

                            Comment


                            • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                              Which proves my point no? Lowry is outlier. But Butler had to change multiple teams and KD and PG didn't want to play with Westbrook anymore
                              True, but none of those guys are as good or as powerful as MJ. More dominant than KD, more famous than lebron. Michael Jordan and Michael Jackson were the 2 icons. Easy now for players to talk that shit, tougher when you're actually playing with the jesus christ superstar
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • Sonny wrote: View Post
                                What can LeBron do to pass Jordan in the GOAT rankings?
                                Not lose in the finals?
                                Oops...too late!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X