Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we end our 4 year Miami losing streak this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    SVG in Detroit also makes them a threat.
    Until they find out Josh Smith is not a Small Forward, they are not going anywhere.

Comment

I actually witnessed the raps beat the cavs in 2007 at the ACC

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Last year, we were lucky that we didn't have any extended injuries to just about everyone outside of Fields I suppouse
        This year, we might not be so lucky

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
          Last year, we were lucky that we didn't have any extended injuries to just about everyone outside of Fields I suppouse
          This year, we might not be so lucky
          Except for the year round injured Amir.
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Considering they just lost the best player in the world, Miami has done an admiral job of remaining competitive. But they are simultaneously losing their top defensive player and their facilitator on offense.

Deng will now be the top wing defender, but will Chalmers or a rookie Napier now be the ones who are initiating the ball movement? If so, then I have serious worries about the Heat. I also am betting that Wade will play even fewer games this year, or be less effective if he is forced to play more minutes.

PG: Chalmers, Napier, Cole
            SG: Wade, ??
            SF: Deng, Granger
            PF: Bosh, McBob
            C: Anderson, Haslem, ??

Outside of McBob (who plays behind their top starter) their bench is incredibly weak. Granger has not shown anything over the last few years and could barely get off the bench for the Clippers, who had a real need at SF. Haslem has been incredibly limited and is on the downside of his career.

Their starters (when Wade is effective) can compete in the East, but their bench is looking atrocious and they don't have much money left to add talent.

I think Chicago is the top threat for winning the East. Indiana is going to take a step back if they can't bring back Stephenson. Washington just lost Ariza which is a big miss for them. Atlanta has yet to land a significant piece but will be very interesting if Horford can play a full season. Cavs will take some time and are still very thin in the front court (Thompson, Bennett, Varejao and Haywood are only viable options currently).

The Raptors and Bulls currently seem to be the deepest teams in the Eastern Conference, and that goes a long way in the regular season.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
              Honestly I really hope we SMASH Bosh and the boys by 30 at some point next season. Hate losing to the Heat.
              Great thread. I was thinking the same thing today. Bosh has screwed us since the day he left. Time to get some revenge.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                When's the last time Raptors beat LeBron's team?
                I believe 2009 -2010 season we beat them twice.

Comment

Yeah but that was offset by having Patrick Patterson and Tyler Hansbrough backing him up.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    I believe 2009 -2010 season we beat them twice.
                    Once oct 28 2009.

Comment

Wade will probably sit out on one of the games we play them in. And without either lbj or wade, i think we can take them, but it's not going to be a cakewalk. The last thing you want is for the raps to underestimate the heat. Even without lbj, they're still a veteran team and bosh and deng are still very good players.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                        Wade will probably sit out on one of the games we play them in. And without either lbj or wade, i think we can take them, but it's not going to be a cakewalk. The last thing you want is for the raps to underestimate the heat. Even without lbj, they're still a veteran team and bosh and deng are still very good players.
                        ... with very little on the bench.

Comment

It'll be as great as when Trevor Berbick beat Muhammad Ali.

Comment

Working...
                          X