Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest basketball player of all-time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I always think of this Seinfeld skit when it comes to Wilt.

Meanwhile Shaq dominated everyone his size and smaller. By the late 90's there were many big, strong, skilled big men and he bulldozed everyone.
    if wilt was the goat, russel wouldn't have all of his fingers, and need another finger, covered in rings. i don't think you can be the most dominant ever, and get dominated 11 of 13 seasons.

like lebron's 3-9 finals record.

Comment

Kareem deserves more respect - 6x MVP, 6x champ, all time scoring leader.

Comment

Sonny wrote: View Post
        Watched an interview this morning with David Aldridge and he was saying he thought part of the coldness was due to his poor treatment of the media. The media keeps the other too names in the conversation and all those guys have their hype men in the media... Except for him.
        ​​​​​​
        Basically he wanted nothing to do with them and he got his wish.

Comment

Meanwhile Shaq dominated everyone his size and smaller. By the late 90's there were many big, strong, skilled big men and he bulldozed everyone.
          Not everyone. Hakeem dominated Shaq and the Magic in the 95 Finals.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Why do we not talk about Kobe as the GOAT? because Kobe was Robin to Shaq’s Batman for the first 3 Lakers titles. He was never the man in all 5 of his championships.

As for Kareem, Kareem is a 6x champ sure. Magic Johnson though was the best player on 5 of Kareem’s 6 championship teams so there’s that. The "Showtime" Lakers was Magic's team. These are just facts. It's not like I'm making things up lol. They called it showtime because of Magic.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

nah he became All Time Scoring leader by being a role player LMAO
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Why do we not talk about Kobe as the GOAT? because Kobe was Robin to Shaq’s Batman for the first 3 Lakers titles. He was never the man in all 5 of his championships.
                I mean Kobe won two chips without Shaq. If he wasn't the man 2009-2010 then who was? By the way he won back to back finals MVPs.

Comment

I mean Kobe won two chips without Shaq. If he wasn't the man 2009-2010 then who was? By the way he won back to back finals MVPs.
                  Ya kobe was the "Man" on those teams but Pau had a legit case for MVP in 2010
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

He was the man in 09-10. I never said he wasn't. All I said was he was Shaq's sidekick in the early 2000's. And he was. Shaq was the Lakers Batman, Kobe was Robin.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

But Kobe got it and at the time I remember viewing Gasol as more of Kobe's Pippen.

Comment

He was the man in 09-10. I never said he wasn't.
                        Man, I don't want to nitpick but I'm looking at the quote from my last post and you said he wasn't the man on all five.

Comment

Man, I don't want to nitpick but I'm looking at the quote from my last post and you said he wasn't the man on all five.
                          But he wasn't the man on all five, you said yourself he was only the man on the last two (sans Shaq).
                          This is when things get understood out of context, look how this convo started:

Lastly, if you want to be in the GOAT convo, you have to be "the man" in ALL of your championship teams.
                          You appear to have read it as Kobe wasn't the man on ANY of his championship teams....

Comment

If you factor in impact on the franchise’s culture, winning chips and playing in the modern ERA, you can make a big argument for Tim Duncan. It’s starting to look like HE WAS the Spurs culture.

He elevated unheralded non-lottery guys like Parker and Manu to borderline HoF status and the Spurs have pretty much fallen apart since he left.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

But he wasn't the man on all five, you said yourself he was only the man on the last two (sans Shaq).
                              This is when things get understood out of context, look how this convo started:

You appear to have read it as Kobe wasn't the man on ANY of his championship teams....
                              ^This
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Kareem has an NBA-record 6 MVP's. Six. Next highest is Jordan at 5.

How can anyone argue Kareem wasn't "the man"?

Kareem's 6 MVP's, 6 rings, and 1 all time scoring title is a pretty damn strong argument.

I for one am not at all interested in hypotheticals in the GOAT argument. There are way too many. You have to debate what these guys actually accomplished, and what Kareem did is right up there.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X