Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mavs might have been up 2-0 if not for the KP ejection

    Comment


    • LOL, did I not call Sixers getting blown out after game 1? Bostons perimeter defense is too good and Philly has nobody to help Embiid score or slow dow Bostons offense. He looked disinterested as the game went on.

      I still think Clippers are going to come out of the West, but if Mavs could somehow someway knock them off in the first round, I'd be so freakin' happy. Raptors advance and Kawhi bounced

      Comment


      • Woah.. the Clippers lost? Looks like Paul George had one of his typical no show playoff games too based on the box score.

        I had no faith in the 76ers.. I saw a few bubble games of theirs (with Simmons playing) and they looked defeated even before the games started. Harris is so mediocre and Horford has turned into a pumpkin. Those contracts are going to be killers. Brand and Colangelo with the 1-2 punch on that organization.

        I think the 76ers are an easier team to beat then the Nets who have half their roster missing. At least the Nets fight hard and don't give up. Really well coached. Brett Brown is definitely getting fired this off season.

        Comment


        • Jclaw wrote: View Post
          It's funny that while it's in the air, my booing has no effect on PG's 3 going in. He may be a problem.
          It worked!

          Comment


          • So the Bucks, Lakers and Clippers have all lost games already. No one is unbeatable this post season.....except maybe the Raps

            Comment


            • planetmars wrote: View Post
              Woah.. the Clippers lost? Looks like Paul George had one of his typical no show playoff games too based on the box score.
              I really have no confidence in the Clippers. They (and most pundits) think just putting together the roster = winning the championship. They hardly played together all year. Kawhi and PG have no chemistry. They play tons of iso between those two guys and Lou Williams. Their defence isn't as good as advertised. Doc actually tried to run a press and some zone last night and it was all pretty mediocre.

              I'll just keep pounding this rock - you have to put in the reps, even at the highest level. Guys have to get to know each other. Lebron and Wade spent a full season turn taking like Kawhi and PG are, it wasn't until they had played 3-4 times as many games together as these guys have before they really figured out their chemistry and peaked as a team. And all due respect to Kawhi and PG, but Lebron and Wade is a better pairing.

              You have to put in the work.

              I am surprised the Clippers haven't really slowed down the Dallas offence at all. But I think it's the same issue - Clippers have good man defenders but not enough team chemistry, Dallas has great ball movement and finds open shooters. Clippers don't rotate well enough - it's pretty stark after you watch a Raptors game. Often by the 3rd, for sure the 4th rotation Dallas has a wide open shot. Consistently.

              And the Clippers are making Dallas' defensive job too easy by going iso all the time. A bunch of halfcourt iso just doesn't keep up with Dallas' offence at the other end, you fall behind.

              Clippers have only two hopes here: all of a sudden they pull a Jekyll/Hyde and come out with far more intensity and much better execution than they've had the first two games (flip the switch, if they have one - they haven't proven they do), or maybe putting Kawhi on Luka full time slows him down enough to make up the difference.

              But I'm really liking Dallas' chances right now.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

              Comment


              • Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                One has to think that the Sixers are going to go through some major changes this offseason, right?
                Well.. the Hinkies are great at home and the next two have the Hinkies as the home team. .

                So before we write them off as the "nuthin but East Coast Media hype team of 2020 (tied with Boston) lets see what they do with home court in the next two games.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Aug 20, 2020, 10:35 AM.
                Canadas election mantra #Dump the Chump

                Comment


                • I'd still call clips favorite but it's going to be a tough series. I said clips in 6 before it started. Kawhi is still kawhi but luka is generational too. This could be a 7 gamer and might have to look like the sixers series last year just kawhi putting the team on his back. I have no faith in PG
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                  Comment


                  • I don't think I would want either of Simmons or Embiid. Embiid is soft, and doesn't have the drive or fire you need to win, plus sending a bunch of money on a 5 in today's league is a poor move.

                    Simmons is a great defender, passer and can get to the rim at will, but no outside shot. We had DeMar and Bargs, two players that had flaws that you have to try to make up for. Bargs couldn't defend, rebound, and basically couldn't play the 4 or 5, but also couldn't play any other position. DeMar wasn't a three point threat and couldn't defend.

                    So Simmons can defend, but can't spread the floor. So then you basically need a five that can spread the floor. Or you move Simmons into more of passing 5 like Gasol. But Gasol can be a threat from outside as well.

                    The 76ers have flawed stars and that's why that team isn't going to work. Reddick and Butler made them what they were last year.
                    Last edited by saints91; Thu Aug 20, 2020, 10:56 AM.

                    Comment


                    • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      I'd still call clips favorite but it's going to be a tough series. I said clips in 6 before it started. Kawhi is still kawhi but luka is generational too. This could be a 7 gamer and might have to look like the sixers series last year just kawhi putting the team on his back. I have no faith in PG
                      The Clips have the edge in depth. You can only trust Trey Burke (who was going off last night) so much. If Dallas had their whole team, they may win this series.

                      Comment


                      • saints91 wrote: View Post
                        I don't think I would want either of Simmons or Embiid. Embiid is soft, and doesn't have the drive or fire you need to win, plus sending a bunch of money on a 5 in today's league is a poor move.

                        Simmons is a great defender, passer and can get to the rim at will, but no outside shot. We had DeMar and Bargs, two players that had flaws that you have to try to make up for. Bargs couldn't defend, rebound, and basically couldn't play the 4 or 5, but also couldn't play any other position. DeMar wasn't a three point threat and couldn't defend.

                        So Simmons can defend, but can't spread the floor. So then you basically need a five that can spread the floor. Or you move Simmons into more of passing 5 like Gasol. But Gasol can be a threat from outside as well.

                        The 76ers have flawed stars and that's why that team isn't going to work. Reddick and Butler made them what they were last year.
                        Embiid just needs to not be your leader. He could be your most talented player, but he definitely needs to be on a roster with a Kyle Lowry type guy. A bit like AD. As well as the on-court fit issues between Simmons and Embiid, the other problem is neither of them step into that leadership role. And the coaching is poor. They peaked with Jimmy Butler lighting a fire under their asses and bringing some swagger.

                        They need a new coach and to move one of Simmons/Embiid for some better fit talent - both on the court and in the locker room.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                        Comment


                        • saints91 wrote: View Post

                          The Clips have the edge in depth. You can only trust Trey Burke (who was going off last night) so much. If Dallas had their whole team, they may win this series.
                          Yeah that's true, Dallas' role players have been rollin and won't necessarily be for a full series.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                          Comment


                          • The REAL problem in Philly is Elton Brand but Brett Brown is the one that is going to get all the blame after this season. They're going to fire him for sure after this season.

                            Look at the Sixers roster. Look at Embiid's supporting cast: Horford, Korkmaz, Harris, Richardson, Burks, Shake Milton. Come on lol. Horford is a good player but he's a center. He said he's never played PF before. Why did they think it's a good idea to sign a guy who plays the same position as their best player? and then they have guys like Harris who really is Rudy Gay 2.0. Korkmaz, Milton, Burks...who the fuck are these guys?

                            Look at the players that they let go: Butler, Redick, Shamet, Cabarrot, Covington. Last year they drafted Mikal Bridges then they flipped him to Phoenix for Zhaire Smith. Mikal Bridges has turned into a hell of a player for Phoenix.

                            Elton Brand is burning that team to the ground. I'm not complaining though.
                            Mamba Mentality

                            Comment


                            • The Great One wrote: View Post
                              The REAL problem in Philly is Elton Brand but Brett Brown is the one that is going to get all the blame after this season. They're going to fire him for sure after this season.

                              Look at the Sixers roster. Look at Embiid's supporting cast: Horford, Korkmaz, Harris, Richardson, Burks, Shake Milton. Come on lol. Horford is a good player but he's a center. He said he's never played PF before. Why did they think it's a good idea to sign a guy who plays the same position as their best player? and then they have guys like Harris who really is Rudy Gay 2.0. Korkmaz, Milton, Burks...who the fuck are these guys?

                              Look at the players that they let go: Butler, Redick, Shamet, Cabarrot, Covington. Last year they drafted Mikal Bridges then they flipped him to Phoenix for Zhaire Smith. Mikal Bridges has turned into a hell of a player for Phoenix.

                              Elton Brand is burning that team to the ground. I'm not complaining though.
                              Ruined their roster with trades and FA signings. Somebody had a tweet about what their roster would look like if they just kept the guys they had before the Harris/Horford deals, including their own picks. They would have had a much better and more cohesive roster at this point - and $16m in cap space. Crazy. Really shot themselves in the foot over the last couple seasons.

                              Also not complaining at all, let 'em suck.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                              Comment


                              • saints91 wrote: View Post

                                The Clips have the edge in depth. You can only trust Trey Burke (who was going off last night) so much. If Dallas had their whole team, they may win this series.
                                Mavericks are well coached while Clippers don't have much chemistry. Clippers should still win the series, but if PG continues to suck in the Playoffs, Clippers won't get past the second round.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X