No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m hoping we play tomorrow, I accepted plans for Sunday because I didn’t think the Raps were playing. No more plans for the rest of the playoffs lol

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      I’m hoping we play tomorrow, I accepted plans for Sunday because I didn’t think the Raps were playing. No more plans for the rest of the playoffs lol
      Yup I delayed taking a few days at the cottage from Sat to Sunday so I could catch the game easier. First world problems

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Don't understand "under our newspaper articles" but OK
        That's my point. The idea that not being able to read all the opposing views beneath articles is some sort of backsliding of free speech is inane. Those articles previously came printed on paper and no one could rebut except through letters to the editor and such. Which of course the newspaper was perfectly able to determine which viewpoints would get published at that stage as well.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

That's my point. The idea that not being able to read all the opposing views beneath articles is some sort of backsliding of free speech is inane. Those articles previously came printed on paper and no one could rebut except through letters to the editor and such. Which of course the newspaper was perfectly able to determine which viewpoints would get published at that stage as well.
          Then the whole process of going to the pub or wherever and having a conversation there to air your opinions is just so much healthier. It's relational, it's got context, it's got accountability - you say some kinds of shit and you risk getting teeth knocked out, etc. A bunch of people who know you hear your opinions, which moderates things a bit.

Online anonymity is one of the worst things. Weird psychological thing that allows us to just be nasty when there's no social accountability. It's not good for people.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Shams says it's resuming tomorrow.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Shams says it's resuming tomorrow.
              It is. But not Raptors (Sunday)

Comment

• Westbrook is going to play in Houston's game 5

Comment

• Having a Game 1 the same day as two Game 6’s feels weird
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                    Having a Game 1 the same day as two Game 6’s feels weird
                    Where going to have almost swept the celtics by the time the bucks and magic finish game 7
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Where going to have almost swept the celtics by the time the bucks and magic finish game 7
                      The magic will be exhausted in round 2
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Porzingis has a meniscus tear smh
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                          Porzingis has a meniscus tear smh
                          Got it in game 1 too. Sucks but meniscus isn't as serious as his past injury and think it's the other knee. Depending how long the off season is he may not miss too much of next year. Same thing zion had think it was a 4-8 week recovery
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Mavs need to trade Porzingis this offseason. He's a good player but he's NEVER healthy. Dude is made of glass.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Mavs need to trade Porzingis this offseason. He's a good player but he's NEVER healthy. Dude is made of glass.
                              Yao body?

Comment

• Just tweeted to Raptors, "For real change the top 50 players agree to only accept contracts to the NBA cities which have police departments that treat black citizens like white citizens?"

I think that would put large pressure on police and city governments with NBA teams. It might help out TO as well, not that they don't have their own problems, as we have seen numerous times. This would be direct action, and team ownership that is serious about helping could step up with market equal offers for salary ranges. Imagine the impact if 15 of the most equitable team locations got all of the top 10, 20 or 30 players for the next 2-3 years. Could change the face of sports if other sports professional players started doing the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X