Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas is eliminated, stupid clippers

Comment

• The shots that Kawhi made in the clutch today was wow. Jordan-esque. I've been sayin this for over a year now - best player in basketball.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• After the way Morris's Sr. roughed up Luka this series, I think Dallas has to be in the market for an enforcer this off season. Serge is gonna have options.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          After the way Morris's Sr. roughed up Luka this series, I think Dallas has to be in the market for an enforcer this off season. Serge is gonna have options.
          Ibaka is a great fit for them. Olynyk. Just a guy who might happen to break your arm or punch you in the face. Accidentally, of course.
          Last edited by slaw; Sun Aug 30, 2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Murray lighting it up again early. Also Chris Webber said that Mason Plumlee and Michael Porter Jr have “almost the same game” defensively?
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
              Murray lighting it up again early. Also Chris Webber said that Mason Plumlee and Michael Porter Jr have “almost the same game” defensively?
              Murray is on fire. Utah is entirely dependent on Mitchell on offense and he is forcing everything now. Having Harris back helps just to take some pressure off, too.

Comment

• Have the Nuggets FINALLY figured it out? that Jamal Murray is their best player? I hope so. They need to keep running their offense through him. He should be option 1.
                Last edited by The Great One; Sun Aug 30, 2020, 11:25 PM.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Dynamic scoring wing is the must if you wanna contend in today's league
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Murray and Mitchell have put on one of the best back and forth scoring dominate 7 game series since Iverson and vince and the media is talking about the clips lakers and luka. Doncic was awesome but murray has had a better postseason and may end up stealing this series
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Dynamic scoring wing is the must if you wanna contend in today's league
                      Yep. FVV and OG as starting wings is not a long-term solution for a legit championship contender, especially in this high scoring era. At this point, our best "scoring wing" is arguably Powell. This group earned the right to defend the title, but if we crash & burn in 4 or 5 to the Celtics, we could see some major roster changes.
                      Last edited by golden; Mon Aug 31, 2020, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. FVV and OG as starting wings is not a long-term solution for a legit championship contender, especially in this high scoring era. At this point, our best "scoring wing" is arguably Powell. This group earned the right to defend the title, but if we crash & burn in 4 or 5 to the Celtics, we could see some major roster changes.
                        I haven't read the game thread from last night, so I'm sure I've missed a lot of discussion. However OG not being one of our long-term wings seems like an over reaction to getting blown out in a big game. OG is an excellent primary defender against multiple positions. Every contender needs that.

We need a lead scorer which Pascal is not now and maybe never will be, but OG isn't the problem. Heck, even Pascal isn't the problem, he's a terrific second option if you have a true superstar for him to play with. Masai does need to get that lead guy though.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I haven't read the game thread from last night, so I'm sure I've missed a lot of discussion. However OG not being one of our long-term wings seems like an over reaction to getting blown out in a big game. OG is an excellent primary defender against multiple positions. Every contender needs that.

We need a lead scorer which Pascal is not now and maybe never will be, but OG isn't the problem. Heck, even Pascal isn't the problem, he's a terrific second option if you have a true superstar for him to play with. Masai does need to get that lead guy though.
                          Not saying that OG is a problem, just that SG or SF is typically where you need a dynamic scoring wing in today's high scoring NBA, like Mixx said..... somebody who can drop 30-35 pts if that's what the game dictates. Fred & OG are our starting wings and Pascal is still in the baby steps phase of learning how to be a scorer.

I could see a future where Lowry retires, FVV moves to PG and that opens up a spot at SG. But right now, we just don't have enough dependable scoring in the starting lineup, especially with Gasol becoming a complete non-factor on offense. For now, we're basically going to look like the Rockets where we are hot from 3 one night and cold another night. We don't have that reliable mid-range assassin like Kawhi to keep us in games when the 3-pt shooting goes cold for long stretches.

Nurse is going to have coach his ass off to get us through this round and put our guys into much better positions to score in a variety of ways that the C**tics aren't expecting. They look like they're well prepared and we don't have the advantage of home-court, which is usually their kryptonite.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            Murray and Mitchell have put on one of the best back and forth scoring dominate 7 game series since Iverson and vince and the media is talking about the clips lakers and luka. Doncic was awesome but murray has had a better postseason and may end up stealing this series
                            Could not agree more. Dever - Utah gets the bad rap for being "unglamourous" and it's getting treated like that. But if any other series was putting on this kind of a show it would be primetime. Murray was unconscious last night and Mitchell almost met him. Looking forward to Murray on the national team

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

PF is essentially a nonexistent spot now. The 2-4 spots are your wings, and Pascal is our scoring wing right now. Whether he's good enough or will ever be good enough to be that top guy on a real deep playoffs contender we will have to see. But the logic is to have a primary scoring wing, a secondary scorer/shooter and then a 3+D in those slots. Right now we have a pretty solid set of Pascal as primary, Fred as a secondary and OG as your 3+D. All with upside to grow in those roles still.

If we crash and burn against the Celtics, don't hold your breath for major roster changes immediately. The plan is and always has been for the play for a major roster change to come in summer 2021.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

PF is essentially a nonexistent spot now. The 2-4 spots are your wings, and Pascal is our scoring wing right now. Whether he's good enough or will ever be good enough to be that top guy on a real deep playoffs contender we will have to see. But the logic is to have a primary scoring wing, a secondary scorer/shooter and then a 3+D in those slots. Right now we have a pretty solid set of Pascal as primary, Fred as a secondary and OG as your 3+D. All with upside to grow in those roles still.

If we crash and burn against the Celtics, don't hold your breath for major roster changes immediately. The plan is and always has been for the play for a major roster change to come in summer 2021.
                                Solid set? For a deep playoffs contender? Until Pascal develops a much, much tighter handle..... the answer is no. Fred as a secondary? C'mon. You, yourself have pegged Fred as strictly an off-ball, spot-up shooter. If he's Klay Thompson, then okay, but again.... no.

I can totally agree with OG as a prototypical 3 & D, but Pascal & Fred as your offensive Batman & Robin isn't exactly 'solid' for a legit contender.

Comment

Working...
                                X