No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars I'm with you on Siakam. When did Siakam start struggling? In the bubble. We don't know how the isolation, and atmosphere are affecting certain people. I'm willing to give Siakam a pass on this, I'm not declaring his career over or saying he's not worth his contract.

I would like to see him reign it in though. As soon as he sees the Smart matchup, move the ball. It's just not a good matchup. Brown is 50-50, Pascal has had some success. Only shoot threes from the corners. And continue playing your ass off on defence.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Siakam's defense is great. He's our free safety. But damn you can't tell me it wasn't frustrating watching him getting stripped and him bricking threes
      Guys have been bricking threes all series. It's frustrating but I don't mind most of the shot selection, including from Pascal.

The post ups and isolations against Boston's best defenders are more concerning, and with how much that is happening it feels like coaching more than Pascal.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        planetmars I'm with you on Siakam. When did Siakam start struggling? In the bubble. We don't know how the isolation, and atmosphere are affecting certain people. I'm willing to give Siakam a pass on this, I'm not declaring his career over or saying he's not worth his contract.

I would like to see him reign it in though. As soon as he sees the Smart matchup, move the ball. It's just not a good matchup. Brown is 50-50, Pascal has had some success. Only shoot threes from the corners. And continue playing your ass off on defence.
        Yeah to this and other comments - Boston's giving Siakam some open shots and I'm okay with him taking those in general, even though he's off right now. You just have to keep shooting, that's how it goes and you always hope to play out of it. But he does need balance if they're goading him into shooting too much. 13 3PA from Siakam is too many in one game. Some of those should be drives, drive & kicks, or passes.

Know I'm repeating myself but Fred's the one with poor shot selection at a high rate. Not all his shots, and love his confidence, but his efficiency is bad and it doesn't need to be. He can keep his confidence and have better shot selection, these things are not mutually exclusive and are actually a key part of player development. Know your spots and get to them. Know what plays to make and when. The 'empty the clip' approach is frustrating.

But both guys are still a plus on defence even when the shots aren't falling.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• So did Daniel House snuck a Covid official into his room? that's gangster lmao.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            So did Daniel House snuck a Covid official into his room? that's gangster lmao.
            She stuck a little stick up his orifice so many times he figured it was his turn to do the same

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• RE Siakam:

there is a tweet going around saying during regular season 20% of all his shots were in the first 6 seconds of the shot clock. And against Boston it’s something like 1 out of 78.
              Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Thu Sep 10, 2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                RE Siakam:

there is a tweet going around saying during regular season 20% of all his shot L.A. were in the first 6 seconds of the shot clock. And against Boston it’s something like 1 out of 78.
                He's overthinking, that's why he's out of rhythm.
                Should be more decisive.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Yeah to this and other comments - Boston's giving Siakam some open shots and I'm okay with him taking those in general, even though he's off right now. You just have to keep shooting, that's how it goes and you always hope to play out of it. But he does need balance if they're goading him into shooting too much. 13 3PA from Siakam is too many in one game. Some of those should be drives, drive & kicks, or passes.

Know I'm repeating myself but Fred's the one with poor shot selection at a high rate. Not all his shots, and love his confidence, but his efficiency is bad and it doesn't need to be. He can keep his confidence and have better shot selection, these things are not mutually exclusive and are actually a key part of player development. Know your spots and get to them. Know what plays to make and when. The 'empty the clip' approach is frustrating.

But both guys are still a plus on defence even when the shots aren't falling.
                  Fred's escaping scrutiny only because of Siakam's struggles but I agree with you and others: FVV hero ball has been far more frustrating to watch and just as, if not more costly.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Fred's escaping scrutiny only because of Siakam's struggles but I agree with you and others: FVV hero ball has been far more frustrating to watch and just as, if not more costly.
                    Fred is escaping scrutiny because of what he did last year and his height. A lot of times it looks like he's just trying to prove people wrong like... "see, I CAN finish at the rim", instead of passing it out, especially on the fast-break. These games have a razor-thin margin of error, so you can't let ego, selfishness or just plain stupidity be the difference.

Comment

• And when did Fred go off? 3rd round, we can’t keeping having snap reactions to Siakam development.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        And when did Fred go off? 3rd round, we can’t keeping having snap reactions to Siakam development.
                        This was a crazy thing about the long run last year. 4 rounds is enough to see plenty of hot/cold streaks. Early exits don't give you that opportunity, you just think Player A sucks bc that's all there was time for then the season was over.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Report: Bucks to offer Antetokounmpo super-max contract in free agency

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...t-free-agency/

Comment

• Apparently Budenholzer is safe according to Shams. Wild
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• If you were Giannis and a FA right now, would you sooner sign
                              1/ back with the Bucks
                              2/ Jimmy Buckets and Bam
                              3/ Siakam and FVV
                              4/ Zinger and Doncic

Dude will have choices. Masai's got work to do. Bring a 1B here with Siakam

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

If you were Giannis and a FA right now, would you sooner sign
                                1/ back with the Bucks
                                2/ Jimmy Buckets and Bam
                                3/ Siakam and FVV
                                4/ Zinger and Doncic

Dude will have choices. Masai's got work to do. Bring a 1B here with Siakam
                                Another consideration (although I don't know how much it matters to Giannis): The Bucks supermax offer would be for 5 years at around $213M (depending on the cap levels, but this is the conservative number) Other teams would be four years for around $135m

Comment

Working...
                                X