Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DanH wrote: View Post

    More Powell? The guy in whose minutes we lost the most during the series?

    I agree, more TD and Thomas could have helped, and maybe enough to get us over the hump. But hard to get too upset when it was really Siakam’s offensive issues that killed us. Just too bad because we were so clearly a better team than Boston being so close to taking that series with Siakam struggling so much.
    Game 7

    Gasol: -19 in 19 minutes. Holy hell.

    Unlike Powell (+4) and Ibaka (+6), Gasol didn’t “win his minutes” when it mattered most.

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post

      Game 7

      Gasol: -19 in 19 minutes. Holy hell.

      Unlike Powell (+4) and Ibaka (+6), Gasol didn’t “win his minutes” when it mattered most.
      Woah woah, don't you know +/- don't matter? (unless it fits a pre-established specific narrative, in which case it matters)

      What we should have done in game 6 was to play Gasol in the 4th and in both OT's. He was a scoring machine the whole playoffs , hitting from everywhere on the floor, rolling and popping after picks, knocking down triples, midrange, getting put backs from offensive boards, the whole nine. Boston was always double-teaming him, opening the floor for our other guys. It would have been a blowout that would've killed Bostons confidence. Don't know why we went away from him there. Instead we wasted time with Norm and his 15 pts in 10 minutes of overtime, so we barely made it.

      Then on game 7 we only gave Gasol 19 minutes, which was also puzzling. Our offence was stagnant, so we should have used more of his deadly 3pt shooting, floor spacing, off-ball movement and offensive rebounding, as well as his postup moves. Instead we wasted too much time with Norm and Serge (who was only shooting 51% from 3 in the playoffs). These guys are always a disaster, all they do is put the ball in the basket. You see, our problem was offence, not defence, so we should have extended the minutes of players with a strong offence and scoring game like Gasol, to open things up. We didn't, so we lost.
      2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

      Comment


      • Man, the ‘and ones’ that Lebron gets that we would never... lmfao

        Comment


        • nuggets getting absolutely reffed. fuck the lakers.

          Comment


          • KHD wrote: View Post
            nuggets getting absolutely reffed. fuck the lakers.
            And no fans to boo them. Must be nice.

            Comment


            • Good run by nuggets. Dont know if NBA is going to let lakers lose but Miami has perfect d matchups for them in bam for AD and Iggy Jimmy Jae for lebron
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • 2019 Raptors vs 2020 Lakers. Who wins?

                Comment


                • Sonny wrote: View Post
                  2019 Raptors vs 2020 Lakers. Who wins?
                  The Good Guys.

                  Comment


                  • Want so bad to see lebron go 3-7 in the finals.
                    NBA and refs should be ashamed of the bullchit phantom fouls he receives game after game but no one cares.
                    Jokic in foul trouble every game like he never was in the regular reason. Why is that?

                    F lakers.

                    Comment


                    • People need to appreciate LeBron's greatness more. You'll never see another player like him. 38/16/10 last night? in year 17? 10th finals appearance in 17 years? this dude is crazy. He ALREADY is the second greatest player of all time - he'll never pass MJ though because of his Finals record - but this dude is what greatness is all about.

                      I actually want to see Heat vs Lakers because I want to see Heat culture vs the guy that built their culture.
                      Mamba Mentality

                      Comment


                      • The Great One wrote: View Post
                        People need to appreciate LeBron's greatness more. You'll never see another player like him. 38/16/10 last night? in year 17? 10th finals appearance in 17 years? this dude is crazy. He ALREADY is the second greatest player of all time - he'll never pass MJ though because of his Finals record - but this dude is what greatness is all about.

                        I actually want to see Heat vs Lakers because I want to see Heat culture vs the guy that built their culture.
                        Just an unanswerable argument because I can't stand lebron but where would lebron be if he didn't get the bullchit phantom and weak foul calls season after season year after year?

                        24 foul calls for the lakers in a single quarter wtf? How often does that happen, never?
                        People underestimate the other side of that lunacy which not just the extra free dozen points but the problem it puts the opposition team into when they are forced to sit a player like Zinger or Lowry or Gasol in early foul trouble. It's gifting him free f/t and free points and free time against the bench.

                        lebron is great but there's a fair argument that his finals record would be worse than 3-6 if he wasn't given the "lebron-treatment" or he wouldn't even have got there as often. Finally, even other coaches and players are speaking out about it but refuse to name names. It's pathetic. I hope he goes 3-7 in finals, go Heat.

                        I wasn't around to see MJ play enough but was he given this kind of help from the NBA and refs?

                        F lebron .... F Klutch .... fuck the tampering lakers
                        *asterisk career point totals....

                        Comment


                        • The superstar calls suck, but it's hardly anything new. I remember watching Lakers vs the Chris Webber Kings, one of my favourite teams of all time, and losing my shit over every phantom call Kobe was getting. All the greats get the calls.

                          Comment


                          • Uh, yeah - MJ got PLENTY of help from the refs.

                            Comment


                            • I don't know, I think the Lebron calls go both ways. There are runs like the last couple games where he's definitely getting a favorable whistle. Also on drives, he's so huge and fast they let him just body guys at times in a way most players never get away with.

                              At the same time, defenders can be really physical with guys as big as Lebron and a lot of it never gets called. I mean if Curry got hit + hacked on drives as hard as Lebron does, Curry would be on his back every drive then heading to the line. Lebron can power through it and a lot of it never gets called. Same contact thought.

                              I think it kind of shakes out.

                              I don't know if Miami or Boston can handle LA. I think Lebron + AD can both overpower defenders at their position, they're both just bigger/stronger/faster than the guys they'll match up against. TOR/MIL probably would have had the best defensive matchups for LA.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                              Comment


                              • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                                Just an unanswerable argument because I can't stand lebron but where would lebron be if he didn't get the bullchit phantom and weak foul calls season after season year after year?

                                24 foul calls for the lakers in a single quarter wtf? How often does that happen, never?
                                People underestimate the other side of that lunacy which not just the extra free dozen points but the problem it puts the opposition team into when they are forced to sit a player like Zinger or Lowry or Gasol in early foul trouble. It's gifting him free f/t and free points and free time against the bench.

                                lebron is great but there's a fair argument that his finals record would be worse than 3-6 if he wasn't given the "lebron-treatment" or he wouldn't even have got there as often. Finally, even other coaches and players are speaking out about it but refuse to name names. It's pathetic. I hope he goes 3-7 in finals, go Heat.

                                I wasn't around to see MJ play enough but was he given this kind of help from the NBA and refs?

                                F lebron .... F Klutch .... fuck the tampering lakers
                                *asterisk career point totals....
                                Superstar players get superstar calls. Not just LeBron. It is what it is.
                                Mamba Mentality

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X