Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Great One wrote: View Post
    I just shake my head everytime I watch Nunn play. This dude is horrible. Somehow he made the All Rookie team? how?
    Easiest thing in the NBA to do is start a random SG, give him the green light to shoot and inflate his scoring numbers.

    Comment


    • Lol Jimmy Butler talked so much shit after Game 4, tonight he was nowhere to be found. If you're going to talk you better back it up. Herro was the Heat's go to guy in the clutch, Jimmy for whatever reason keeps passing up shots, dude wanted no part of the ball. Can't wait to see him talk tough after tonight.
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • LeBron is the MVP of this series. I don't think it's even close anymore after tonight.
        Mamba Mentality

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
          The ratings are low for ONE major reason ONLY:

          COVID.

          Guys, this no fan atmosphere is not appealing. Yeah, we're watching, but the hardcore fan is not the demographic they're worried about. Have you guys not noticed that the casual fan is barely aware sports are ongoing? Like, NOBODY gave a rats ass when the Jays made the "playoffs" for the first time since 2016 with a surprising young team. In normal years you'd be hearing about it everywhere. Here in Calgary, nobody gave a rats behind about the Flames being in the playoffs, when normally its around the water cooler, in the streets, texting with friends. No buzz.

          Its a) covid atmosphere (crappy bubble, time of year etc), and b) covid/BLM/tense life we live now. Sports seems so meagre and inconsequential. They've been pushed back to page 9.

          But either way they both tie back to the same root. Covid is reeeeallly hurting professional sports.
          Ratings have dropped in the Finals since game 1 - the series also just isn't that good (game 1 was still half the viewers of last year). I've fallen asleep every game this Finals. Okay I'm old and I can't find my meds but also the games are just kind of meh. Really feel like the playoffs peaked in the second round and I don't think that's just a Raptors fan perspective? Even NBA Twitter has been dead. Nobody's excited about this.

          Sidenote - this Lakers team plays with zero joy. Like none. I'm not sure they even like basketball.

          And to your point - I've talked to several very casual basketball fan friends who didn't know the NBA was even on. Everybody's lives are upside down.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

          Comment


          • The Great One wrote: View Post
            Lol Jimmy Butler talked so much shit after Game 4, tonight he was nowhere to be found. If you're going to talk you better back it up. Herro was the Heat's go to guy in the clutch, Jimmy for whatever reason keeps passing up shots, dude wanted no part of the ball. Can't wait to see him talk tough after tonight.
            Butler passing out of layups is weird.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • The Great One wrote: View Post
              Lol Jimmy Butler talked so much shit after Game 4, tonight he was nowhere to be found. If you're going to talk you better back it up. Herro was the Heat's go to guy in the clutch, Jimmy for whatever reason keeps passing up shots, dude wanted no part of the ball. Can't wait to see him talk tough after tonight.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • lmao

                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Eddie Van Halen, 65 dead of cancer

                  Comment


                  • Guy LaFleur, lung cancer. A shame but no surprise

                    Comment


                    • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      Guy LaFleur, lung cancer. A shame but no surprise
                      When did this become the thread for sad old celebrity news?
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                        When did this become the thread for sad old celebrity news?
                        I'm not a hab fan whatsoever but for many Canadians, he's a legend.

                        Slow almost off season .... and I couldn't find an OT thread

                        Comment


                        • This whole "would LeBron be the GOAT with a title this year" talk is absurd. People have really lost their mind. And Isiah Thomas is still salty as fuck. LeBron is gonna win his 4th this year. Jordan has won SIX. He's 6-0. He's never lost one lol. LeBron is 4-6. Like, what are we doing here? what is the argument for LeBron? you're never gonna win that argument. Stats? yeah LeBron pretty much has all the stats. I mean, this is his 17th year in the league lol. Jordan only played 13 years in Chicago - really 11 if you think about it. He only played 7 games in his second year because of an injury. And he only played 17 games in his comeback year in 95.

                          Also, compare to MJ's era it's waaaay easier to score now. The fact that that he's still up in most offensive category tells you everything.

                          You want to talk about defense? MJ has a DPOY in his resume; LeBron has none.

                          Popularity? it's not close. Moments? Jordan has 1000x of them.

                          So what is the argument for LeBron?
                          Mamba Mentality

                          Comment


                          • The Great One wrote: View Post
                            This whole "would LeBron be the GOAT with a title this year" talk is absurd. People have really lost their mind. And Isiah Thomas is still salty as fuck. LeBron is gonna win his 4th this year. Jordan has won SIX. He's 6-0. He's never lost one lol. LeBron is 4-6. Like, what are we doing here? what is the argument for LeBron? you're never gonna win that argument. Stats? yeah LeBron pretty much has all the stats. I mean, this is his 17th year in the league lol. Jordan only played 13 years in Chicago - really 11 if you think about it. He only played 7 games in his second year because of an injury. And he only played 17 games in his comeback year in 95.

                            Also, compare to MJ's era it's waaaay easier to score now. The fact that that he's still up in most offensive category tells you everything.

                            You want to talk about defense? MJ has a DPOY in his resume; LeBron has none.

                            Popularity? it's not close. Moments? Jordan has 1000x of them.

                            So what is the argument for LeBron?
                            The only argument for lebron is many fans are too old to remember MJ and .... twitter

                            Comment


                            • Mamba Mentality

                              Comment


                              • The Great One wrote: View Post
                                It really seems like Lebron is in Demar's head, after watching that podcast. It's hard to blame him. For what its worth, I think Demar would have looked a whole lot better under Nurse than he did under Casey.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X