Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • S.R. wrote: View Post

    They should have done Hawaii
    Should have done Canada
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

    Comment


    • S.R. wrote: View Post

      They should have done Hawaii
      Totally. Florida never really made sense to me, but I was like ok I guess these guys know what they're doing.. I get that disneyworld has a lot of hotels, but a lot of places would have fit that bill, namely Hawaii.
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • Just get everyone into the bubble rona free and they can make it work.
        At least now they shouldnt let the employees come and go like they were planning on. Just have an employee hotel within the bubble too, pay them around the clock or big overtime. People can leave as teams get eliminated as the workload should reduce into the playoffs.
        Paying the cleaners/chefs/staff 24/7 is cheaper then putting all this captial in and having to shut it down.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post

          Totally. Florida never really made sense to me, but I was like ok I guess these guys know what they're doing.. I get that disneyworld has a lot of hotels, but a lot of places would have fit that bill, namely Hawaii.
          I think it has to do more with the professional basketball courts in a complex Disney facility where the players can roam around & not get easily bored.

          Comment


          • Hotshot wrote: View Post

            I think it has to do more with the professional basketball courts in a complex Disney facility where the players can roam around & not get easily bored.
            Yup and obv Disney owns ESPN. Also challenge with Hawaii is time zones for TV audience.

            Comment


            • NBA starts testing teams and staff every other day starting on Tuesday. Windhorst was on TV saying the NBA will be relieved if it’s only a 5% positive rate.

              We rightly focus on hospitalization and death rates but in the context of an NBA return to work in a relatively short window the number of positive tests matter. Really hope there is not an outbreak that shuts this down.

              Comment


              • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                NBA starts testing teams and staff every other day starting on Tuesday. Windhorst was on TV saying the NBA will be relieved if it’s only a 5% positive rate.

                We rightly focus on hospitalization and death rates but in the context of an NBA return to work in a relatively short window the number of positive tests matter. Really hope there is not an outbreak that shuts this down.
                I hope so too. The fact they understand they will invariably get some positives (like the 5% they're hoping they won't go over), is good news. At some point the impression I had was if they ran into a single positive, they would freak out and shut the whole thing down. Looks like they're being very careful, but at the same time realistic.

                2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                Comment


                • S.R. wrote: View Post

                  They should have done Hawaii
                  They should’ve done Isla Nublar.


                  Comment


                  • Hungry for basketball!! After Last Dance I'll probably watch playoff games of other top teams as well, even if it's summer outside the window, I don't care, I want competitive basketball and hope the players do as well.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                    Comment


                    • Watching Liverpool/Everton right now. I know there's no fans and everything but it feels like a normal soccer game.
                      Mamba Mentality

                      Comment


                      • Why TF aren’t the Raptors going straight to the bubble to practice, instead of an uncontrolled environment in Naples? The SW coast is one of the hotspots of the recent COVID surge in Florida to record levels.

                        Comment


                        • S.R. wrote: View Post

                          They should have done Hawaii
                          If Hawaii had been asked, why would they say yes?

                          Comment


                          • As the clock inexorably moves forward to July 31 and the resumption of the NBA season a couple of questions.

                            Home court.. with its zany loud fans and the familiarity of playing at home .. does it cease to become an advantage on a neutral bubble court ?

                            In short .. yes.

                            Will playing a much tougher set of teams in the eight game (looks like, smells like and tastes like) but is not a set of preseason games to warm up for the playoff run be an advantage ?

                            In short yes again.... folks will get their underwear all bunched up over a SOS consideration for the raps.. but on a neutral court.. who really cares. If you are playing against playoff calibre teams the Raps will get the feel of what will happen in 2 weeks time or you could play the wizards, suns and nets who are simply playing out the string and be a little flat when you play a bona fide PO team.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jun 22, 2020, 11:28 AM.

                            Comment




                            • First player I believe that has said he won't be going. I still don't really get why the Wizards were invited though. Well I do, it was because of $$$ and Zion. But still, they have no real chance to get into the playoffs.

                              Comment


                              • planetmars wrote: View Post


                                First player I believe that has said he won't be going. I still don't really get why the Wizards were invited though. Well I do, it was because of $$$ and Zion. But still, they have no real chance to get into the playoffs.
                                Can’t say I blame it he is prob overseas now. To fly across the world to go to Florida during the outbreak to live in a Bubble when your team won’t make the playoffs probably isn’t appealing. Let alone the free agency and money considerations.

                                edit—ok scratch the first part sound like he is participating in pre Orlando training with them.
                                Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Mon Jun 22, 2020, 12:12 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X