Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RandomGuy wrote: View Post

    There's nothing to hate about him. He represents old school sportsmanship.
    He'd look pretty good in Toronto ....

    Comment


    • G__Deane wrote: View Post

      He'd look pretty good in Toronto ....
      He could visit the US, if he self-isolated for two weeks.

      Comment


      • https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5b/2e...3e9b44ee91.jpg

        Joel Embiid was captured by TMZ implementing his off season workout regimen.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jun 25, 2020, 11:49 AM.

        Comment


        • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5b/2e...3e9b44ee91.jpg

          Joel Embiid was captured by TMZ implementing his off season workout regimen.
          Is that him on the left or right?

          Comment


          • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
            Florida now has more than double the number of active cases than all of Canada. Raps are scheduled to arrive Sunday and Monday.
            For context on how much of a gong show Florida is, I posted the above 5 days ago and now Florida has TRIPLE the number of active cases than all of Canada combined.

            Comment


            • So i assume no one on the raps tested positve? They are all in Florida now and other teams are starting to release who tested positive. Then again we organization may just be keeping things close to the vest as usually
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

                For context on how much of a gong show Florida is, I posted the above 5 days ago and now Florida has TRIPLE the number of active cases than all of Canada combined.
                That sucks, but I'm also wondering about these 3 things:
                1. What is the percentage increase related to the number of tests
                2. What's the change in hospital capacity
                3. Have the deaths increased at the same rate, and if so, within which demographic?

                [not saying it will be good news on these three, I legit don't know much about what's happening in Florida, just curious]
                2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                Comment


                • inthepaint wrote: View Post

                  That sucks, but I'm also wondering about these 3 things:
                  1. What is the percentage increase related to the number of tests
                  2. What's the change in hospital capacity
                  3. Have the deaths increased at the same rate, and if so, within which demographic?

                  [not saying it will be good news on these three, I legit don't know much about what's happening in Florida, just curious]
                  Not looking good. Raptors picked one of the worst places for their practice facility.

                  Hospital beds filling up as coronavirus surges

                  The supply of available hospital beds in South Florida is getting tighter as a statewide surge in coronavirus is picking up.

                  In Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties — a region with a much higher rate of COVID-19 than the rest of the state — about 70% of intensive care unit beds, used for the sickest patients, were in use on Sunday.

                  General hospital beds also were about 70% occupied, according to numbers from the state Agency for Health Care Administration.

                  The numbers were in line with most other heavily populated counties in Florida, but they masked the tightening situation at a number of individual hospitals.......

                  https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...vry-story.html

                  Comment


                  • inthepaint wrote: View Post

                    That sucks, but I'm also wondering about these 3 things:
                    1. What is the percentage increase related to the number of tests
                    2. What's the change in hospital capacity
                    3. Have the deaths increased at the same rate, and if so, within which demographic?

                    [not saying it will be good news on these three, I legit don't know much about what's happening in Florida, just curious]
                    The numbers arent good but to be clear I’m talking about Florida because of the basketball connection and Disney staff coming/going.Plus the raps are outside the bubble for 2 weeks. So I would argue even if hospitalization rates are low if there is a huge number of nba players testing positive the season will get cancelled.

                    anyway the positive rate in Florida has been increasing was 9.5% yesterday, actually hit 15% the day before. Last week they tested 500 Orlando airport employees and 50% tested positive.
                    i believe deaths are a lagging indicator so should spike in a couple weeks following the increase in cases. I hope I’m wrong. Florida daily deaths have not increased lately.
                    I don’t know the answer about hospitals.

                    Comment


                    • golden wrote: View Post

                      Not looking good. Raptors picked one of the worst places for their practice facility.



                      https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...vry-story.html
                      Well, 70% looks pretty close to the average hospital occupancy in the US since 1990 (from 1990 to 2017 it hovered between 65.5% and 69.5%:

                      https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-since-2001/

                      The occupancy in Texas is about 73% as of mid June (27% of beds free statewide):

                      https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/...PT_6.16.20.pdf
                      2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                      Comment


                      • https://abc13.com/hospitals-houston-...ds-in/6265504/

                        LBJ'S ICU capacity was at 120 percent while Ben Taub's was at 88 percent.

                        Meanwhile, UMMC said it's at 85 percent capacity for its COVID-19 unit. This comes after the hospital added 12 beds to their unit. Plus, as of June 23, 97 percent of ICU beds were occupied at the Texas Medical Center.

                        While only 27 percent of the ICU beds are occupied by COVID-19 patients, data suggests ICU capacity could be exceeded in two weeks.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                        Comment


                        • The 27% is a key number there. Many things can use up beds, so it'd be nice to know out of the surge in occupancy, how much of it is (a) due to direct complications from covid, (b) due to other things, and (c) due to other things but counted as covid (because if a patient will be hospitalized for an apendectomy and get tested positive for covid, he will go into a covid isolation wing and will likely counted as a covid hospitalization

                          What I'd like to see is a report with the direct % increase in covid hospitalizations. As in, "last week we had 20% our beds occupied with patients with direct complications from covid. This week that number is 35%"

                          I'm sure there are specific hospitals that are seeing that, it's just that the reports about hospital occupancy typically lump together all the conditions.

                          2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                          Comment


                          • inthepaint wrote: View Post

                            The 27% is a key number there. Many things can use up beds, so it'd be nice to know out of the surge in occupancy, how much of it is (a) due to direct complications from covid, (b) due to other things, and (c) due to other things but counted as covid (because if a patient will be hospitalized for an apendectomy and get tested positive for covid, he will go into a covid isolation wing and will likely counted as a covid hospitalization

                            What I'd like to see is a report with the direct % increase in covid hospitalizations. As in, "last week we had 20% our beds occupied with patients with direct complications from covid. This week that number is 35%"

                            I'm sure there are specific hospitals that are seeing that, it's just that the reports about hospital occupancy typically lump together all the conditions.
                            Yea my understanding is that data is not available for Florida. Some hospitals choose to self report but state wide data is not reported. Also I read their governor or dept of health wants those hospitals to stop reporting it because there are covid patients in some of their ICU's that are isolating and non critical IE not as sick as a typical ICU patient.

                            Florida also does not report total currently hospitalized. Just cumulative total. They are vague like the raptors before the NBA draft.

                            https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...axe-story.html

                            Some good data here about hospitalizations in one region:

                            https://rwilli5.github.io/MiamiCovidProject/Trajectory/

                            So....there's a chance the spike is due to a bunch of young people that aren't getting as sick. Their data is poor and it appears its being managed. Right now raptors are in Collier County who's positive rate hit 15% the other day. Hopefully they are isolated enough and stay healthy but they are in arguably the worst province or state in North America to be in for the next 2 weeks before entering the bubble.

                            Comment


                            • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              ...Right now raptors are in Collier County who's positive rate hit 15% the other day. Hopefully they are isolated enough and stay healthy but they are in arguably the worst province or state in North America to be in for the next 2 weeks before entering the bubble.
                              Obvious View:

                              Yeah, who couldn't see this coming. Silver has put the Raptors into what was predictably going to be the most likely place for their players to get infected, and leave key people unavailable for games. Raptors have no chance of repeating.

                              Alternative View:

                              Going along with the NBA head office plan to expand the game internationally, Silver and crew have positioned the Raptors player such that it ia almost impossible to prevent key members of the team players and staff from gettign exposed to the virus. After they have all contracted the disease, and recovered, they will be immune for the length of time it takes them to play through the preliminary round and the playoffs without a recurrence. Other teams, whose players will not have had early exposure, will have play disrupted as members of the teams contract the disease, go through recovery and then have to self-isolate at different times. The constant loss and then reintegration of key members will leave them disrupted and remove any hope of consistent play. The Raptors will waltz to an easy second crown.

                              Comment


                              • Puffer wrote: View Post

                                Obvious View:

                                Yeah, who couldn't see this coming. Silver has put the Raptors into what was predictably going to be the most likely place for their players to get infected, and leave key people unavailable for games. Raptors have no chance of repeating.

                                Alternative View:

                                Going along with the NBA head office plan to expand the game internationally, Silver and crew have positioned the Raptors player such that it ia almost impossible to prevent key members of the team players and staff from gettign exposed to the virus. After they have all contracted the disease, and recovered, they will be immune for the length of time it takes them to play through the preliminary round and the playoffs without a recurrence. Other teams, whose players will not have had early exposure, will have play disrupted as members of the teams contract the disease, go through recovery and then have to self-isolate at different times. The constant loss and then reintegration of key members will leave them disrupted and remove any hope of consistent play. The Raptors will waltz to an easy second crown.
                                I don't think Silver had anything do with choosing that location. They could have practiced anywhere in the US. Raptors front office & operations staff has to own it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X