Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I still maintain there's a decent chance they cancel the season again in the next 6 weeks

    Comment


    • So about 5% of players tested positive. Those 16 players will have to quarantine now until released. Not quite the doomsday scenario the sports media had promised. Oh well, I'm sure their fingers are crossed hoping for the worst!

      Comment


      • slaw wrote: View Post
        So about 5% of players tested positive. Those 16 players will have to quarantine now until released. Not quite the doomsday scenario the sports media had promised. Oh well, I'm sure their fingers are crossed hoping for the worst!
        You're right, but you would think the media would really be cheering for sports to come back. We thought athletes and celebrities have become useless during covid? Now imagine how useless that makes the people who talk about the useless people
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • slaw wrote: View Post
          So about 5% of players tested positive. Those 16 players will have to quarantine now until released. Not quite the doomsday scenario the sports media had promised. Oh well, I'm sure their fingers are crossed hoping for the worst!
          That’s good news only 5%.
          I really don’t think anyone is hoping for the worst.

          Comment


          • KeonClark wrote: View Post

            You're right, but you would think the media would really be cheering for sports to come back. We thought athletes and celebrities have become useless during covid? Now imagine how useless that makes the people who talk about the useless people
            It seems counter-intuitive until you understand that a fair number of the people who cover sports in media don't really like sports and view them, and especially sports fans, with contempt.

            Comment


            • Comment


              • Apollo wrote: View Post
                They got 4 weeks to achieve herd immunity
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • Apollo wrote: View Post
                  When did the NBPA knock off the Raptors watermelon logo?
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                    You're right, but you would think the media would really be cheering for sports to come back. We thought athletes and celebrities have become useless during covid? Now imagine how useless that makes the people who talk about the useless people
                    No way. Covid and crisis are way sexier than sports. Such shock value. Nothing gets clicks like "We're all gonna die!!"

                    Comment


                    • S.R. wrote: View Post

                      When did the NBPA knock off the Raptors watermelon logo?
                      Everyone wants to feel like a winner.

                      Comment


                      • players and league have signed the agreement to re-start and schedule will be released at 7 ET. you can watch the schedule be announced live on TSN4 (via ESPN). how desperate we've become for anything sports related.

                        Comment


                        • slaw wrote: View Post
                          So about 5% of players tested positive. Those 16 players will have to quarantine now until released. Not quite the doomsday scenario the sports media had promised. Oh well, I'm sure their fingers are crossed hoping for the worst!
                          These sports guys have been annoying as fuck. I follow most of the raptors beat on twitter they are all complaing/retwetting not believing in the NBA plan etc. When this all started and they were excluded them from the locker room they were all bitching and acting like it was the death of sports media.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                          Comment




                          • We've got a tough schedule, every team we play is currently in a playoff spot
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

                            Comment


                            • Tough schedule but good test for the playoffs.


                              Celtics have a pretty easy schedule in comparison:


                              So the second seed is not a guarantee yet.

                              Comment


                              • Celtics play Milwaukee first. They also play the Raptors but their schedule is definitely softer. Raps up 3 games probably very important to win the game vs Boston in case Philly finishes 6th

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X