Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    chris wrote: View Post

    i dunno which player you're thinking of but it's not paul george. he's won 34 playoff games, and went past the first round in 2011, 2012, 2013, making the conference finals twice, and losing all three years to the heat when they were a superteam. also only been swept once, round 1 against the cavs his last year in indiana
    You're correct, statement retracted - I looked at a wikipedia (damn wikipedia) table that showed only the pacers last 5 seasons and they haven't past the first round, and he didn't pass the first on his OKC years either after he left the Pacers, but you're right on his early years when he came inot the league he was really good. He has been really unfortunate with injuries over the past few years, but if they get 2012 Paul George, yeah clips could sure win it all
    2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

    Comment


    • #62
      inthepaint wrote: View Post

      You're correct, statement retracted - I looked at a wikipedia (damn wikipedia) table that showed only the pacers last 5 seasons and they haven't past the first round, and he didn't pass the first on his OKC years either after he left the Pacers, but you're right on his early years when he came inot the league he was really good. He has been really unfortunate with injuries over the past few years, but if they get 2012 Paul George, yeah clips could sure win it all
      my intent was not to make any comment on your opinion of the clippers as contenders nor of paul george as a player. i simply didn't think you could pack more wrong information into two simple sentences if you tried, so was just pointing that out.

      Comment


      • #63
        PG was an animal in indy. He almost won that 1st round series vs us on his own. Probably would have if Vogel didn't sit him to start the 4th in game 5.
        But since leaving he is probably the biggest playoff choker for his skill level in the whole NBA. Joe's ingles out played him 2 years ago for christ sake.
        I'm now on the belief that I have to see it to believe it with P.G. I dont think he is a better running mate for Kawhi the kyle and pascal were
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

        Comment


        • #64
          inthepaint wrote: View Post

          They would look at the standings right now, and pick a number of teams they deem to be in playoff contention (or risk of missing the playoffs )if the season had gone normally. They all play in a tournament to earn their place. For example, in the west, 8th to 12th in the standings are all within just 4 games of each other (Grizzlies, Blazers, Pels, Kings & Spurs), so they would play a mini-tournmant with the winner getting the 8th seed and making the playoffs
          ok so its not for all of us it would be for the scrub teams.. OK I would be fine with this.. For us would we have some games to gear up but as exhibition games?

          Comment


          • #65
            chris wrote: View Post

            my intent was not to make any comment on your opinion of the clippers as contenders nor of paul george as a player. i simply didn't think you could pack more wrong information into two simple sentences if you tried, so was just pointing that out.
            You can sure point that out man, I'm glad you did actually. PG had a great early career. Hasn't been the same in the past 5 yrs or so, but that shouldn't erase what he did earlier on
            2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

            Comment


            • #66
              TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

              ok so its not for all of us it would be for the scrub teams.. OK I would be fine with this.. For us would we have some games to gear up but as exhibition games?
              Yep, the 'tournament' would be just for teams fighting for playoff spots, and by the sounds of it, they'll include some games for the other teams (either exhibition or counting for overall standings), so they can get re-acclimated before the actual playoffs.
              2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

              Comment


              • #67
                Raptors have a shot to defend the title but it's a long one. This is a superstar league.

                Mind you with all this gym time Siakam's had, he's probably hitting half court shots and ready to average triple doubles by now.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                Comment


                • #68
                  S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Raptors have a shot to defend the title but it's a long one. This is a superstar league.

                  Mind you with all this gym time Siakam's had, he's probably hitting half court shots and ready to average triple doubles by now.
                  isn't he in toronto? where would he get gym time if the facilities are closed? maybe drake's house.

                  agree they have a shot. i thought they had a decent shot at getting back to the finals at least. i think we have the upper hand in coaching and the defence to slow giannis. depends if bucks hit their shots or if we can get out to bother enough of them, which we are pretty good at doing.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Raptors have a shot to defend the title but it's a long one. This is a superstar league.

                    Mind you with all this gym time Siakam's had, he's probably hitting half court shots and ready to average triple doubles by now.
                    Didn't Siakam say facilities were closed? And he was basically stuck at home?
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Marc's a pro but a bit worried about whether or not he'll be in game shape when the season starts back up. He's only played in 36 games so far this year and the rest has got to help. But being rested and being in game shape are two completely different things.

                      I'm not worried about anyone else on the roster. Saw a video of Kyle training during covid. And he's looking pretty svelte. Skinny Lowry is awesome.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                        Didn't Siakam say facilities were closed? And he was basically stuck at home?
                        No gyms opens you can go work out alone. Miller and serge have both confirmed they have been there
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Marc's a pro but a bit worried about whether or not he'll be in game shape when the season starts back up. He's only played in 36 games so far this year and the rest has got to help. But being rested and being in game shape are two completely different things.

                          I'm not worried about anyone else on the roster. Saw a video of Kyle training during covid. And he's looking pretty svelte. Skinny Lowry is awesome.
                          I wonder if Dewan will still be hurt by August when games resume. If he is, that's a heck of a long recovery time.
                          2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            inthepaint wrote: View Post

                            I wonder if Dewan will still be hurt by August when games resume. If he is, that's a heck of a long recovery time.
                            Dewan is not NBA level player so I don't think it matters
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              G__Deane wrote: View Post

                              I can't see them changing anything permanently. Maybe a year or two to realign to the old format. Ratings would plummet in the Summer imo
                              Ya I think ur right about ratings plummeting in the Summer 4 sure!

                              But like, u don't think they might change the playoffs to 1-16, or group, permanently going forward if ppl rly like it?

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

                                Ya I think ur right about ratings plummeting in the Summer 4 sure!

                                But like, u don't think they might change the playoffs to 1-16, or group, permanently going forward if ppl rly like it?
                                Not sure about the playoff format but I was thinking more about the months played in the season now

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X