No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embiid can dominate the Celtics in a Playoff series IF he stays healthy and puts in the effort consistently.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Like I said (and I really like Embiid's fun personality), with Simmons out, he's ready to throw in the towel at the first him of adversity. If they get down big in a game or 2-0 in the series, it's over.
      Imo thats what philly missed from Butler more than anything - their two young stars are really immature

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Imo thats what philly missed from Butler more than anything - their two young stars are really immature
        Daily reminder tanking isn't a real plan.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If the Lakers lose today we have a chance at 2nd best record, and guaranteed home court in the finals if we get there. 66-56 for the Kings
          Last edited by saints91; Thu Aug 13, 2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            If the Lakers lose today we have a chance at 2nd best record, and guaranteed home court in the finals if we get there. 66-56 for the Kings
            Also gives us the 29th pick instead of the 28th in the draft. But apparently home court wins 60% of the time in the bubble. So not sure if there is an advantage or if it's just coincidental.

Either way.. personally am rooting for the #2 overall. It's quite the achievement in a 30 team league. We've come a long way.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Also gives us the 29th pick instead of the 28th in the draft. But apparently home court wins 60% of the time in the bubble. So not sure if there is an advantage or if it's just coincidental.

Either way.. personally am rooting for the #2 overall. It's quite the achievement in a 30 team league. We've come a long way.
              that 60% is interesting. from the games i've seen in the re-start, i have definitely felt that the "home" team got a friendlier whistle in the majority of them. add in friends and family attendance in the later rounds and it might make a slight difference.

i'm all for trying to win tomorrow if the lakers lose

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

mcHAPPY
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Process is more important than results!

Comment

• Kings up almost 20 in fourth. Second overall is better than third and same as last year we get home field In the finals for what it’s worth, 300 virtual fans against 50. 29th pick in the draft rather than 28th seems a wash. We choose unrestricted players anyway.
                    Last edited by Gonzz; Thu Aug 13, 2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• And it's a final. Kings won 136-122. So #2 overall is in our hands now. Just have to beat Bol Bol and the Nuggets to get it.

Stanley's got us.

Comment

• Do teams like Dallas, Milwaukee and Utah have any obligation to play their top guys given that their opponents today all are fighting to get into the playoffs? I have no strong views on this but curious what you guys think.

Comment

• Looks like the Bucks started Middleton, Bledsoe and Lopez. Down right now to the Grizzlies, but that sucks for Memphis.

Doncic is playing for the Mavs against the Suns too.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Do teams like Dallas, Milwaukee and Utah have any obligation to play their top guys given that their opponents today all are fighting to get into the playoffs? I have no strong views on this but curious what you guys think.
                            it would be nice if they did play their guys in the spirit of fair competition but they're under no obligation to by putting themselves in a position to be able to rest guys.

it rarely comes down to it to this extent in the nba, but every last sunday in the nfl is like this and the teams almost always choose to rest.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Do teams like Dallas, Milwaukee and Utah have any obligation to play their top guys given that their opponents today all are fighting to get into the playoffs? I have no strong views on this but curious what you guys think.
                              Some will cry foul when they don't, but from their perspective there's no reason to. Those teams are playing for a lot more in the playoffs than the 8 seed battle teams are, eye on the prize.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Nurse said the NBA is experimenting with more technology to create "home court". Could be home announcer, familiar faces in the "stands", home music and actual home crowd noise ie cheers when you score or break up a play, nothing for the opposition except jeers etc. Home court can still be an advantage.

In the NHL, you get your home ice celly music when you score and the opposition gets nada. It makes a difference

Comment

Working...
                                X