Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Anyone heard if KD can play?
    a month ago the nets GM was ambiguous about it, which was notable because the entire organization was adamant all year long that there was zero possibility of a return.

woj shut it down on his podcast not long after, however.

so sounds like not coming back, though it would still not completely surprise me if he did

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

I've always wanted to try a backyard outdoor projector screen for games. Maybe if I have a playoff game on outside in July, grilling something on a nice evening out with some beers, I could finally get some of my neighbours into bball (I know a couple of them have been curious since the Raps won the title)
      I bought a 100" diagonal projector screen out of the back of a truck in Square One parking lot a few years ago and a low end projector last year for movies on the deck. (Total cost a few hundred bucks but someone on RR will see that as some sort of a low-key flex for some reason ) but as long as it's not windy, it's surprising good resolution. Paired with a wireless speaker(s). it makes for fun Netfix movie night but haven't used it for sports yet.

FVV would fit full size on the screen lol.

Comment

• So our next 4 games will be against Philly, Boston, Denver, LAL. And then we'll play the Grizz twice and the Bucks twice to finish the season. Yikes.

Celtics might actually catch us.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          So our next 4 games will be against Philly, Boston, Denver, LAL. And then we'll play the Grizz twice and the Bucks twice to finish the season. Yikes.

Celtics might actually catch us.
          I wonder if they have to change the scheulde? Surely some of the teams that are excluded would have been on the schedule for some teams.
          Maybe they just play in confrence games vs teams in the bubble? Would help those lower seed have chance at making up some ground if they are out of the playoffs
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I wonder if they have to change the scheulde? Surely some of the teams that are excluded would have been on the schedule for some teams.
            Maybe they just play in confrence games vs teams in the bubble? Would help those lower seed have chance at making up some ground if they are out of the playoffs
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Celts hold tie breaker vs raps if I remember right we are 1-2 against them this year

Comment

• I like the idea of a play in tournament for the 8th seed. Memphis probably would have made it in a regular season so it kinda sucks for them.. But orlando vs wizards could be a fun sudden death play in. And we could get a grizz vs pelicans play in style which would be great

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  Celts hold tie breaker vs raps if I remember right we are 1-2 against them this year
                  ya we still had 1 more scheduled vs them. It would kind of be weird for tiebreakers to go that way. They should make sure we play them again to settle the tiebreaker

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I bought a 100" diagonal projector screen out of the back of a truck in Square One parking lot a few years ago and a low end projector last year for movies on the deck. (Total cost a few hundred bucks but someone on RR will see that as some sort of a low-key flex for some reason ) but as long as it's not windy, it's surprising good resolution. Paired with a wireless speaker(s). it makes for fun Netfix movie night but haven't used it for sports yet.

FVV would fit full size on the screen lol.
                    Yeah I think watching games outside is really neat, and you actually don't need to spend an arm and a leg to concoct something.

That's the one thing I'm kind of jealous about football fans, tailgate gatherings to watch the game. Basketball is largely a winter sport (at least in Canada), so unless you're in Toronto and up for braving the cold in Jurassic Park, you're watching inside.

Having games in the summer opens that possibility. As long as it's dark/dusk outside, all you need is some tied-up blank screen, a cheap projector, bluetooth speakers, chicken wings and beer, and now it's a party.

Comment

• Thats a hell of a tune up. We could look at this as a bright spot and that we are going to be playing 8 games of playoff intensity ball with 5 potential playoff matchups in there to get some scouting. even if we go 4-4 boston would have to go 7-1 to pass us.

Comment

• Celtics will get:
                        Bucks, Wiz, Raps, Nets, Wiz, Grizz, Blazers, Heat

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah I think watching games outside is really neat, and you actually don't need to spend an arm and a leg to concoct something.

That's the one thing I'm kind of jealous about football fans, tailgate gatherings to watch the game. Basketball is largely a winter sport (at least in Canada), so unless you're in Toronto and up for braving the cold in Jurassic Park, you're watching inside.

Having games in the summer opens that possibility. As long as it's dark/dusk outside, all you need is some tied-up blank screen, a cheap projector, bluetooth speakers, chicken wings and beer, and now it's a party.

Comment

• Also maybe we cant just look at the next 8 games since looking at our next 8 we would have grizz twice and bucks twice.
                            So Grange schedule doesnt line up with the next 8 games of bubble teams

Comment

Celtics will get:
                              Bucks, Wiz, Raps, Nets, Wiz, Grizz, Blazers, Heat
                              We would play 7 contenders they would play 2. Lol
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Thats a hell of a tune up. We could look at this as a bright spot and that we are going to be playing 8 games of playoff intensity ball with 5 potential playoff matchups in there to get some scouting. even if we go 4-4 boston would have to go 7-1 to pass us.
                                that's actually an improvement on what it would have been (PHI, BOS, DEN, LAL, MEM, MEM, MIL, MIL), especially since boston's schedule under same scenario would have been pretty easy (MIL, TOR, BKN, WAS, MEM, POR, MIA, ORL)

it's grange though so his source is almost certainly wrong and we'll be getting the sched above

edit: i started this post and then had to answer several work emails and now info is obsolete

Comment

Working...
                                X