No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, no problem with a tough 8 game tune up. Getting into playoff mode asap will help.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

that's actually an improvement on what it would have been (PHI, BOS, DEN, LAL, MEM, MEM, MIL, MIL), especially since boston's schedule under same scenario would have been pretty easy (MIL, TOR, BKN, WAS, MEM, POR, MIA, ORL)

it's grange though so his source is almost certainly wrong and we'll be getting the sched above

edit: i started this post and then had to answer several work emails and now info is obsolete
      Yeah...Our beat guys just aren't wired into the NBA pulse what so ever. Never have been.
      We will see tomorrow or the day after who plays who.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Of the 22 teams, the Pels have the easiest sked.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Yeah...Our beat guys just aren't wired into the NBA pulse what so ever. Never have been.
          We will see tomorrow or the day after who plays who.
          i dunno bruce arthur is pretty good, don't you think?

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

this guys had a follow up tweet, sounds like details are being worked out and no one knows yet

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Of the 22 teams, the Pels have the easiest sked.
              NBA .... Zion ....

Comment

that's actually an improvement on what it would have been (PHI, BOS, DEN, LAL, MEM, MEM, MIL, MIL), especially since boston's schedule under same scenario would have been pretty easy (MIL, TOR, BKN, WAS, MEM, POR, MIA, ORL)

it's grange though so his source is almost certainly wrong and we'll be getting the sched above

edit: i started this post and then had to answer several work emails and now info is obsolete
                The original schedule wouldn't work since Memphis would have already played 8 "playoff" teams before meeting the Raptors in their first game. The one that Grange proposed is most likely. I've seen that one mentioned more in the twitter verse.

Comment

• Fred's looking a bit chunky (although it could just be the beard):

Comment

a month ago the nets GM was ambiguous about it, which was notable because the entire organization was adamant all year long that there was zero possibility of a return.

woj shut it down on his podcast not long after, however.

so sounds like not coming back, though it would still not completely surprise me if he did
                    Just imagine if KD comes back and the Raps play Brooklyn in the first round.... and KD gets injured again. Nets entire medical staff would be fired before KD even gets helped off the court.

Comment

• I think kyrie won’t be back either

Comment

• I have a feeling we'll end up in 3rd and face either Philly or Indiana in the first round. Boston's next 8 is not as bad as Toronto's. The one game we face each other could seal it.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          I think kyrie won’t be back either
                          Kyrie won't be seen again until he can line up with Durant. No heart ....

Comment

• Any word on the start of NEXT season? If this season is Ending in October...

I guess they'll use the offseason to try to fully ride out the 2nd and 3rd waves of the virus - see if they can get back to (semi)full arenas by...March 2021? Does that sound about right?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Any word on the start of NEXT season? If this season is Ending in October...

I guess they'll use the offseason to try to fully ride out the 2nd and 3rd waves of the virus - see if they can get back to (semi)full arenas by...March 2021? Does that sound about right?
                              I think the date they floated yesterday was in Feb sometime but there's a chance (maybe just made up on RR lol) that they could end in early Oct and start back up Christmas day.

Comment

• Yeah no idea.. they'll want fans but they also want 70 regular season games per team to meet their TV deal requirements. I suspect they'll be back by Christmas without fans.. and then try to get fans in by the playoffs or something (maybe at half capacity). But who knows?

Comment

Working...
                                X