Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Well to be fair, they're in the midst of a 4 month break right now
    Plus the next regular season is likely to be less games.

Comment

• I was looking forward to seeing Ja and JV in the playoffs. JV was always a beast in grind em out playoff games and would like to see him be a locker room leader for the young Grizz. The NBA sure made it the hardest on the Grizz out of anyone else to keep there seeding. And the Chunky Gumbo boy is surely the reason why.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Apparently Portland was the only team that voted against the 22 team scenario.. Kinda seems weird this helps them if they went in 16 teams there just done. Maybe the wanted that round robin format that was floated? But it doesn't seem like that was a realistic scenario

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          I was looking forward to seeing Ja and JV in the playoffs. JV was always a beast in grind em out playoff games and would like to see him be a locker room leader for the young Grizz. The NBA sure made it the hardest on the Grizz out of anyone else to keep there seeding. And the Chunky Gumbo boy is surely the reason why.
          I have no idea what kind of momentum or continuity will carry through this break, but the Grizzlies had the 8th best record after January 1st.

OKC had also really started to roll. LAL/MIL/TOR were all 23-7 after Jan. 1, OKC was next best at 22-9. CP3 had that team humming.

OKC and MEM are both fun upstarts, didn't get much of any credit to start the season. Rooting for them both.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I have no idea what kind of momentum or continuity will carry through this break, but the Grizzlies had the 8th best record after January 1st.

OKC had also really started to roll. LAL/MIL/TOR were all 23-7 after Jan. 1, OKC was next best at 22-9. CP3 had that team humming.

OKC and MEM are both fun upstarts, didn't get much of any credit to start the season. Rooting for them both.
            Ya i think those young teams might actually be hurt by this. The old legs usually start to slow down and save it for the postseason while the young hungry teams just want to go out and win every night. Getting a big rest like this i think helps out the guys who have been doing this for so many years and guys like Harden who often burn out in the post season it may be a blessing in disguise.
            Young teams tend to have a bit of an advantage in the March, April games and that has been neutralized by the layoff. I just hope Portland or the Spurs dont get the 8th seed. Id rather see one of the young teams take that spot

Comment

• I don't understand the whole asterisk talk? I think winning an NBA championship in these conditions is much harder, people will remember this season forever.

What separates Jordan from LeBron other than winning more championships is moments. Jordan has so many legendary moments. When you think of LeBron's basketball career, what moments stands out? winning it all in 2016 right? 8 straight NBA Finals appearance? when he took his talent to South Beach? scoring the last 25 points against the Pistons in the playoffs? game winner against Orlando? winning his first championship in Miami?

Winning the championship this year is gonna be huge for his resume. This is where "the great ones" rise up to the occassion. This championship is tailor made for a great player like LeBron.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                I was looking forward to seeing Ja and JV in the playoffs. JV was always a beast in grind em out playoff games and would like to see him be a locker room leader for the young Grizz. The NBA sure made it the hardest on the Grizz out of anyone else to keep there seeding. And the Chunky Gumbo boy is surely the reason why.
                did they release the schedule?

either way they were a long shot to make it before the shutdown so it makes sense for it to still be difficult for them. they had the hardest remaining schedule, pelicans the easiest. fivethirtyeight gave NO a 60% chance of making the playoffs mar 12, compared to 15% for memphis, 14% for portland, 9% for sac, 2% for spurs. every projection i saw at the time also had NO as favorites although the gap wasn't as big

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Well to be fair, they're in the midst of a 4 month break right now
                  Can you imagine the shape of these guys are going to be in. Teams probably haven't heard from some of these dudes in months.

Comment

• I think Memphis has a better chance to make the playoffs now then they did before the covid break. From what I read about the play-in tourney, the team in 8th spot gets two chances to be eliminated, while everyone else, only 1. Currently Memphis is up by 2.5 games. Each team only plays 8 times. And Memphis' potential schedule is not so bad:

Portland
                    Utah
                    San Antonio
                    OKC
                    Milwaukee
                    NO
                    Boston
                    Dallas

Milwaukee is the biggest test. The games against Portland and NO will be big games though.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      I don't understand the whole asterisk talk? I think winning an NBA championship in these conditions is much harder, people will remember this season forever.

What separates Jordan from LeBron other than winning more championships is moments. Jordan has so many legendary moments. When you think of LeBron's basketball career, what moments stands out? winning it all in 2016 right? 8 straight NBA Finals appearance? when he took his talent to South Beach? scoring the last 25 points against the Pistons in the playoffs? game winner against Orlando? winning his first championship in Miami?

Winning the championship this year is gonna be huge for his resume. This is where "the great ones" rise up to the occassion. This championship is tailor made for a great player like LeBron.
                      Definitely going to be one of the most memorable championships in a while given the circumstances, and harder for most teams given injuries and rest. That being said I give this year an asteriks for the same reason last year wasnt an asteriks for the Raptors. Playing 82 games with no rest is part of the deal - its what separates a lot of the star players from one another imo. This style is much more about whos the best on paper makes its harder for a lot of teams, butI can tell you for sure the Clips are happy George and Kawhi are happy they got an offseason.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        I don't understand the whole asterisk talk? I think winning an NBA championship in these conditions is much harder, people will remember this season forever.

It will be legitimate for all but lebron
                        For him, it will have been an easier run for his old broken down body on the illegitimate asterisked team he built through tampering and bullying the league offices....

Comment

• it will have a large asterisk for whoever wins because it is essentially a new season. doesn't make it less of an accomplishment as i agree circumstances are trying. more of a huge what if for a number of teams, particularly any that go down to teams they would have been favored against 4-5 months ago.

i'm not sure the older teams will have an advantage because of the break either, i expect it to be a pretty grueling compressed playoff schedule.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Can you imagine the shape of these guys are going to be in. Teams probably haven't heard from some of these dudes in months.
                            Hopefully they gave Zion a Peloton. I am not worried about our team (Except maybe Marc Gasol with his drinking habits).

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Fred was already looking fat 2 months ago. And I hope Kyle hasn’t been into those Philly cheese steaks and cookies.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Fred was already looking fat 2 months ago. And I hope Kyle hasn’t been into those Philly cheese steaks and cookies.
                                The players knew that it was going to happen weeks ago. I suspect all of the veterans have been trimming down, working on their diet/weight, and doing what they can to increase stamina. They've got 55 days until the first game. Not worried about Fred, Kyle, Norm, Serge or Marc.

Comment

Working...
                                X