Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Nets’ Durant says his ‘season is over,’ even if NBA resumes

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...n-nba-resumes/

“My season is over. I don’t plan on playing at all. We decided last summer when it first happened that I was just going to wait until the following season. I had no plans of playing at all this season,” Durant said

Comment

• Marc has lost a lot of weight:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Marc has lost a lot of weight:

Nice, we'll get 2012 Gasol now , let's go!

Comment

• He looks hella skinny and lean! At least from this angle. At the age he is losing weight is probably the best thing. Less pressure on the knees so this should be good for him
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Lookin' more like Pau
            Spurs' Pau Gasol grateful Grizzlies traded his brother to a title ...

Comment

• Honestly, this is probably the most rested Marc’s body has been in years. He’s played a total of 16 minutes in the last four months, and only 36 games in the last seven and a half months
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                Honestly, this is probably the most rested Marc’s body has been in years. He’s played a total of 16 minutes in the last four months, and only 36 games in the last seven and a half months
                Marc is going for that last big contract...good news for this playoffs but not so good in the off season.

Comment

• Imagine if we get Skinny Lowry along with Skinny Gasol? Damn, the NBA is going to have to work harder at fixing games to prevent the Raps from messing things up again. Lol.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Marc is going for that last big contract...good news for this playoffs but not so good in the off season.
                    Honestly I dont think I'd want marc on anymore then a 1 year deal. Maybe 2 if we wi again or get close. I think the regular season showed his body is starting to break down. If he can get paid with tern good for him but I wouldn't give him a long term deal
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Honestly I dont think I'd want marc on anymore then a 1 year deal. Maybe 2 if we wi again or get close. I think the regular season showed his body is starting to break down. If he can get paid with tern good for him but I wouldn't give him a long term deal
                      Both Marc & Ibaka could leave in the offseason, they would need to retain someone.

Comment

Yeah Marc was probably everyones only real concern - this is good news. Doubt Raps use capspace on anything other than short term deals or resigning players. Tons of cheap bigs out there looking into if you only sign one of Gasol/Ibaka.

Really wonder how the eastern teams 3-6 shapes up - who comes back fit and ready etc. Could make a case for any of em going on a bit of a run.

Comment

Both Marc & Ibaka could leave in the offseason, they would need to retain someone.
                          I'd say serge of we could only have one just from a long term building perspective. We arnt screwed tho if they both get good deals elsewhere. Baynes is a free agent and I'd like to get him he could slid right Into the starting spot and fit nicely while maintaining cap space

Comment

I'd say serge of we could only have one just from a long term building perspective. We arnt screwed tho if they both get good deals elsewhere. Baynes is a free agent and I'd like to get him he could slid right Into the starting spot and fit nicely while maintaining cap space
                            Serge will want a much deserved pay raise, probably around 4 years for $100 million or just under. Let's not forget FVV who will want a long term secured contract and that will be in the ball park as well.

Since the Raps do want to take a run for a top free agent in the summer of 2021, I can't see them commit to both.

Comment

Serge will want a much deserved pay raise, probably around 4 years for $100 million or just under. Let's not forget FVV who will want a long term secured contract and that will be in the ball park as well.

Since the Raps do want to take a run for a top free agent in the summer of 2021, I can't see them commit to both.
                              I love serge but I wouldn't give him that kind of deal and I don't know if he is getting that kind of deal in the new cap era. I'd take baynes at something like 2 for 20ish

Comment

Id be a bit surprised if a team gives Ibaka a huge deal. Really only see him going to a playoff team and few have money or a need, maybe a s&t to Brooklyn? I could see both coming back depending on how these playoffs go - tho maybe Gasol wants to leave seeing as he never signed here to begin with. Both should sit out a fair number of games so developing a rookie or a flier (Hernandez?) should be quite easy, and both are great mentors. As long as the the contracts are low or tradeable i dont mind another run at this.

Comment

Working...
                                X