No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure peer/fan pressure will get guys into the bubble mostly, but imagine if a big enough player just doesn't want to risk it? Say a guy like Kawhi for example?

Even if it is a role player it could get interesting. The asterix will just get bigger and bigger.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Was curious to see the best away teams this season, as games will be on neutral sites so thinking the lack of fans helps teams that travel well

1. Lakers 26-6 away
      2. Bucks 25-9 away
      3. Raptors 23-9 away, identical to our home record.

How about the Sixers, who are 29-2 at home, and 10-24(!!) on the road this season

Miami is also 27-5 at home, 14-19 on the road.
      I wonder how much of this really matters for tea.s like Sixers and heat. .maybe it's less so of thriving of a home crowd and more they crumble under the pressure of an away crowd. It may work in the favour if that's the case.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'm sure peer/fan pressure will get guys into the bubble mostly, but imagine if a big enough player just doesn't want to risk it? Say a guy like Kawhi for example?

Even if it is a role player it could get interesting. The asterix will just get bigger and bigger.
        Maybe lower seeded teams or guys out of the playoffs? If your team has a shot at making the confrence finals and a guy in the rotation doesnt go. Your letting down your team mates more then the fans

Comment

• So did they end up settling on any reward for being a 1 thru 4 seed (which would have been homecourt advantage) or will it be nothing?

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            So did they end up settling on any reward for being a 1 thru 4 seed (which would have been homecourt advantage) or will it be nothing?
            I feel at the very least the top teams will get first pick of hotel they stay in which will be kind of funny to see what gets picked

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              I feel at the very least the top teams will get first pick of hotel they stay in which will be kind of funny to see what gets picked
              Wait til they find out the castle is fake ....

Comment

• There is probably a castle filled with prostitutes that will have been self isolated for 14 days before the players arrive right?
                i think there is a future 30:30 on this. Some players are known to be at strip clubs....often. You stick them in a bubble for 2 months? How does it work if you’re a 35 year old married player living in the same building as the 21 year old kid. There is some wild behind the scenes stories here.

Comment

• NBA and NBAPA are currently negotiating the number of Instagram hoes allowed within the bubble.

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...aptors-return/
                    ‘Skinny,’ healthy Marc Gasol could be a boon for Raptors in return

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                      There is probably a castle filled with prostitutes that will have been self isolated for 14 days before the players arrive right?
                      i think there is a future 30:30 on this. Some players are known to be at strip clubs....often. You stick them in a bubble for 2 months? How does it work if you’re a 35 year old married player living in the same building as the 21 year old kid. There is some wild behind the scenes stories here.
                      Also the NBA won't be testing for recreational drugs, only for Covid and PED's. Could be a really wild time.
                      https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...es-per-report/

Comment

• "There is right now some unrest within the ranks of the players" (- Woj) in regards to the what quarantine requires. This is attributable to a handful reasons.

Why didn't the league just ask each team to have a vote on whether or not they want to participate and only those teams willing go forward compete? Was this sort of thinking too straightforward?

Any team with a shot would likely be willing to make the sacrifice. If I'm Johnny Doe Scrub on the Pelicans I probably wouldn't want to do this either.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jun 11, 2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...aptors-return/
                          ‘Skinny,’ healthy Marc Gasol could be a boon for Raptors in return
                          “I can envision us playing very big (in what) we like to call our ‘Jumbo Lineup’ with OG at the two and Pascal three and Serge at the four and Marc at the five. I can envision that coming in handy here in this year’s playoffs.”
                          i like the sounds of that... have wanted to see more of that lineup

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            "There is right now some unrest within the ranks of the players" (- Woj) in regards to the what quarantine requires. This is attributable to a handful reasons.

Why didn't the league just ask each team to have a vote on whether or not they want to participate and only those teams willing go forward compete? Was this sort of thinking too straightforward?

Any team with a shot would likely be willing to make the sacrifice. If I'm Johnny Doe Scrub on the Pelicans I probably wouldn't want to do this either.
                            The PA signed off on this, which they wouldn't have done without support. My guess is that this all looked much better in April and May but players are watching the world move on and wondering why they are going into a "bubble" for 2-3 months starting in July when everything around them is returning to normal. You also have a lot of guys just looking at the immediate impact on them and not the big picture of how not coming back affects the league, salaries, etc.

As I posted earlier, glad the NBA is back but this whole thing has the potential to look really foolish in September when the SEC teams have 80,000 fans at games, NFL stadiums are full, and the NBA players are cloistered in a second-rate gym playing in silence.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The PA signed off on this, which they wouldn't have done without support. My guess is that this all looked much better in April and May but players are watching the world move on and wondering why they are going into a "bubble" for 2-3 months starting in July when everything around them is returning to normal. You also have a lot of guys just looking at the immediate impact on them and not the big picture of how not coming back affects the league, salaries, etc.

As I posted earlier, glad the NBA is back but this whole thing has the potential to look really foolish in September when the SEC teams have 80,000 fans at games, NFL stadiums are full, and the NBA players are cloistered in a second-rate gym playing in silence.
                              If all the rumors of a second wave of Covid19 is true, the NBA will look like the smart one.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

We all know the idea of the quarantine it only takes one infected person to spread it to all the teams and impact who wins the championship. I don't think its just a choice for safety but a choice for integrity. They don't want the Chip impacted by the virus.

It doesn't matter what college basketball is doing. They may look foolish if their 80k attendance leads to a massive surge. People will paint them as greedy and irresponsible if that happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X